Pass or Fail gameplay sucks

"
beefnuggy wrote:
Spoiler
"
Sayyid wrote:
Let me put this in really simple terms for you, because you're just not getting it yet:

You have (let's just guess some round numbers here for ease of math) 5,000 health. You have 300 mana. You have MoM. A mob hits you for 3k damage. You take 300 damage to mana and 2,700 to health. Your mana leech kicks in and you're almost instantly at 300 mana again. If a second mob hits you for the same amount at this point, you die. That extra 700 damage per hit doesn't just disappear because you have MoM.

If you had 1k mana instead of 300, the 3k hit comes in and nukes your mana pool and you take 2k to health. Your mana leech comes in. You take another 3k hit, but survive this time because now your MoM has buffered a much, much larger portion of the incoming damage spike.

You are basing your opinion of your MoM's usefulness on the average hit, which is probably around 1k, and as a result your MoM is buffering almost the entire amount. It's probably working great for you in all the faceroll situations and slow but steady damage situations. So yes, I don't doubt that you're facerolling a heck of a lot of content like that.

But your MoM is barely counting for squat when you get a really big damage spike, because there's simply not enough of a mana reservoir during a really big damage spike. This is why you still fold like paper when you are hitting the occasional rare or boss. Your MoM is really only protecting you in the situations you don't even need it to protect you.

Monkey explains TYPICAL usage of MoM, Monkey does not think about alternative uses. MoM is NOT being used to fatten my HP. It is being used to, in addition to PA, negate reflect damage. Have your doubts, you have not a clue.

You're using your MoM to negate reflect, eh? Let me just refer back to your original post then:

"
beefnuggy wrote:
Examples of pass/fail situations:

You hit a box with Explodes, desync and can't whirling blade away - RIP
You hit a box with a reflect pack and cant see the aura - RIP
GGG adds Boxes to further reduce game performance - RIP
You hit reflect pack with spell build (instead of the OP phys/crit/VP) - RIP
and the list goes on...

Obviously you're doing it wrong, and obviously everything I said was information that you should take into account in the future. Or you can keep on dying to reflect and spike damage while claiming that your MoM negates those situations. Whatever. Means little to me if you want to fix your character or not.
"
mark1030 wrote:
If we're only talking about small hits that 300 mana can easily cover 30% of, then you don't really gain anything using Mind over Matter, do you? Wouldn't it be better just to get more life and life regen instead? How much investment in gear and passives does it take to get 300 mana regen per second? And how much investment in gear and passives would it take to get 300 life regen while increasing your max life?

How often do you get hit by more than one monster simultaneously? Devourer packs? Leapers? Evangelists? If one of those deals 1000 damage (surely I'm not the only one who's seen this), it will take 700 life and 300 mana. What about the next 4 that hit you at the same time before you mana regens? Mind over matter isn't doing you any good then. But it would sure help if you actually kept enough free mana to be able to absorb the 30% share as many times as your max life would allow.

What's your point about fire damage? Anybody can handle fire damage if that's all they had to worry about.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SMALL HITS. I AM THE ORIGINAL POSTER. MoM with mana gained on hit is SIMPLY to negate reflect.

Mana on Hit / MoM = Reflect negation

Let me explain further:

EDIT:
Smaller mana globe yes, but I have PA to further reduce reflect.

Last edited by beefnuggy on Sep 21, 2014, 8:56:02 PM
I have no problems with reflect, if I see them. My complaint is how instantly game situations play out in POE. I'm also complaining about poor game engine performance making it worse.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
I have no problems with reflect, if I see them. My complaint is how instantly game situations play out in POE. I'm also complaining about poor game engine performance making it worse.

If you have no problems with reflect, why mention it in the OP?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
beefnuggy wrote:

"if I see them". You are taking my words out of context and trolling my thread. Bye.
Last edited by beefnuggy on Sep 21, 2014, 9:13:28 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Use lightning warp, smoke mine, quartz flask.

I do this, doesn't always work. Game freezes up, nothing can be done. I pop a Rumi's and Vaal grace, too, nope, DEAD. game is broken.
"
beefnuggy wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
beefnuggy wrote:

"if I see them". You are taking my words out of context and trolling my thread. Bye.

you claim your 300 mana on MoM negates reflect
if it does, what the fuck does it have to do with you seeing or not seeing reflect ? it either works or it doesn't, shit is binary...you seeing the reflect aura or not is irrelevant.

you claim that your mom negates it and then complain about dying to reflect, is hilarious

game is based on spike damage and instant logouts.
Quoted from reddit something chris said, "As a side note, there's definitely a 1.2.0 issue that is causing frame rate drops. We're working on a fix."

this includes 100% boxes, just keep hoping they figure it out by themselves or else boxes are just going to get worst every content patch.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info