[1.2] Incinerate Max Block 8k LMP Tooltip (Beyond Top 30)

Just a question , following the build exactly as posted ( your current one ) but with a few changes in gems , ( personal preference :P). Playing as shadow , are the witch nodes worth taking INSTEAD of the fire nodes above cruel preparation ? i mean the witch nodes are 10 , and the fire nodes are also 10 ( including the +10 intellect node before them ) . Do we get more dps with +fire damage OR +spell damage ?
Last edited by Erylion on Sep 28, 2014, 9:52:08 AM
NOT op, but the witch nodes (at the starting area) are +16% Spell dmg

Also, spell dmg = fire dmg %. They are interchangeable.
Last edited by crzytimes on Sep 28, 2014, 2:57:05 PM
So if you do the math the SP that you get from both ways are the same ( around +90% ) , and the difference is 18 Cast speed from wtich area against 40% ignite duration and 10% chance to ignite . ( If we consider :
that Spell damage = Fire damage = Ele damage ... - For incinerate that is ). Correct me if am wrong , not sure if it works like that :P
"
Erylion wrote:
Just a question , following the build exactly as posted ( your current one ) but with a few changes in gems , ( personal preference :P). Playing as shadow , are the witch nodes worth taking INSTEAD of the fire nodes above cruel preparation ? i mean the witch nodes are 10 , and the fire nodes are also 10 ( including the +10 intellect node before them ) . Do we get more dps with +fire damage OR +spell damage ?

Depends on your gem setup. If you are running added chaos I recommend the witch nodes

Edit: cast speed scales better with herald of ice and added chaos, spell damage increases added chaos damage as well, fire damage does increase any.
Last edited by Baeltimazifas on Sep 28, 2014, 6:55:37 PM
Yeah i guess that makes sense .. so basically if we are to choose between these 2 ways , the witch nodes are better
One of the best shadow builds so far imho, few more percent to lvl 90, can do every map boss easily. Well, except 79 vaal temple trio, fast alt+f4 was what saved me. Thumbs up
Do you think that wall of thorn ( block nod by ranger ) is worth getting to max block? im siting at 70 block 71 spell block atm i can either go down and max block or get more mana nod . Is 5% block really worth it?
That's actually something I'm debating too. Either you drop several points on mana nodes to support a high AA/MoM regen and use Stone of L, or you pick up that block circle and go with a rare/Foible.

At the moment, I can use at-level AA (65) but can't sustain it indefinitely, let alone regen the mana back from a couple decent hits with MoM PLUS channeling incinerate.

Too early for me to tell still.
Is doryani's catalyst good for this build for hc? I haven't gotten high enough to try it out yet.
Last edited by theAei on Sep 30, 2014, 3:44:30 PM
"
Philss wrote:
Do you think that wall of thorn ( block nod by ranger ) is worth getting to max block? im siting at 70 block 71 spell block atm i can either go down and max block or get more mana nod . Is 5% block really worth it?

You can max out your block through crafting block on your gloves and block on your lahzwar. That would be the best way to do it. Max spell block is much more important than block, which you should have with a 53% rathpith and block gloves, or a 56% rathpith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info