[1.2] Incinerate Max Block 8k LMP Tooltip (Beyond Top 30)

I don't understand why you don't start witch. As witch you get that fantastic 40% mana regen node which would make it considerably easier to sustain your mana pool.
Because Shadow is cooler? If no, then go witch
"
Relytz wrote:
I don't understand why you don't start witch. As witch you get that fantastic 40% mana regen node which would make it considerably easier to sustain your mana pool.

Yup your right. I'm staring at the one ring that I'm wearing that has 42% regen which I have to wear to sustain my AA. Had I gone witch, I wouldn't be tied to that ring and I could be wearing a Andavarius instead and getting pixel rich.

Whelp, guess I'll reroll then :D
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Last edited by Taiberius on Oct 16, 2014, 4:04:41 PM
All right, well that makes sense (not sarcasm). You were talking about added lighting damage I think it may be far superior to added chaos if you get that static blows passive beside Eldrich Battery.
What about, respec some fire nodes out and get the lightning nodes and try Lightning Touch with it? Hits fast as well I guess and might be good with cybils paw, maybe a good incinerate alternative since skill tree would remain pretty similar? Just an Idea, im not good at theory crafting nor at the game, would be funny to know tho if someone tried that skill out.
Finally got enough currency together to do an Uber Atziri run using this build. First boss was pretty easy, just used purity of lightning and flasks while tanking their face. Second boss, i swapped out rings for Koam's signs for the extra Endurance charge, swapped out Cast On Stun for spell echo to make my enduring cry/immortal call manual cast, then just face tanked all three bosses while being immune for 10 second each immortal call cast. Only thing to look out for was when the double strike guy turns all fiery (does does of fire damage while in that form), and the exploding adds that spawn after the first death. Just tank all the bosses in corners and it's easy peasy.

For uber atziri herself, I found that using lightning warp was flat out impossible. It works ok until the split phase where you get stunned/interrupted but her bolts while standing in fire. Died over and over to this before coming at it from a different approach. Realized that there really isn't much physical damage during the fight so i don't need my 4 link cast when stunned setup, made sure those were in my boots, then just equipped Koams roots to make me immune to stuns. Then it was just a matter of making sure i had 2 quicksilver flasks equipped and the whole fight was pretty easy. Lightning warp any flame blast not in split phase, use quicksilver flasks to run out of them during split phase.

All in all, helm dropped, meh, whatever. Mission complete.
Now that Herald of Thunder is out now, what do you think about it vs Herald of Ice? There is more theoretical DPS with Thunder plus it can proc a shock off of Tempest Shield. Also, for 2 points we can we 5% chance to shock on Incinerate or for 3 points we can get a 15% chance.
"
rynur45 wrote:
Now that Herald of Thunder is out now, what do you think about it vs Herald of Ice? There is more theoretical DPS with Thunder plus it can proc a shock off of Tempest Shield. Also, for 2 points we can we 5% chance to shock on Incinerate or for 3 points we can get a 15% chance.

I was thinking about trying something like this myself thoughts OP?
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
Herald of Thunder rocks with this build.
I can say that because I am using it.
HoT gives more damage than Herald of Ice and it's extra effect is actually usable with this build.

Swap out added Chaos Damage for added Lightning Damage if you want to see those random lightning bolts more often.

You can combine HoT with Curse on Hit.
If you spill for them boots with two curses you can go Enfeeble+Ele Weakness.
No need to cast curse anymore, it's all conveniently done for you.

Ok, this probably won't change the game in high maps, but running those gazillions of 70's maps to get the gems where you want them will go MUCH easier.
Last edited by Schnoerpf on Nov 23, 2014, 1:13:30 PM
"
Baeltimazifas wrote:
"
Amongalen wrote:
Isn't it better to pick 3 elemental dmg nodes next to the shadows starting position instead of 3 cast speed nodes? Its 30 ele dmg vs 12 cast speed.

In ur stats u got 270% cast speed and 80% elemental dmg.
If u take 3 ele dmg nodes instead its 258% cast speed and 110% ele dmg.
If Im correct it gives about 12% more dmg.

I'll look into this, too busy to check ATM

Some Calculations:

For Example- Base 100 Damage

More Cast Speed: 100 x 3.7 x 1.8 = 666 total damage
More Elemental Damage: 100 x 3.58 x 2.1 = 751.8 Damage

Difference: 751.8 / 666 = 1.129 more(or increased, idk) damage
So 8,065 x 1.29 x 4 x 3 = 109,248 - 96780 = 12468 more damage per second

I don't know how reflect will be affected by this increased damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info