*Item Rarity, boss runs, 1500 dom kills ,disappointment

Over 300 Piety + Dom runs = SHIT .... So tell me about drop rates ..
"
Phrazz wrote:
Yes, the masters is a HUGE step in the right direction. The "dream" shouldn't only be the best uniques. The "dream" should also be about high end rares. And the fact that high end rares do not drop - and Chris doesn't want them to drop - takes alot away from this jewel of a game.

The masters really have made self found so much easier. Good rares drop all the time now, since you can craft that last mod onto okay items that makes them awesome.

I started a new self found EK MOM/AA witch recently. She found all these::

I even used Vorici to link the chest. The boots can still get lightning resistance, but this character hasn't leveled Haku to 6 yet. The chest and the shield went from being okay items to being crazy good with master crafting. The boots would have been pretty nuts anyway, but the extra resist is still amazing.

She also found these non-crafted items that I'd definitely classify as good:

This is only the stuff that this character can actually use. I also found a number of good rares and uniques that are for other builds (stuff like Rearguard).

I've certainly had runs with self found characters where everything just sucked. One I played right before my current EK witch leveled up to 76 just farming Docks without ever finding anything good. That was even with master crafting. Almost all of my characters end up finding plenty of good stuff, though, and I've made a lot of characters.

Edit: I also went self found on gems. I got the quality Faster Projectiles in normal, but didn't find Added Fire Damage until level 80. I found two more right after that. RNG likes its jokes.
Last edited by Jennik on Sep 20, 2014, 2:45:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info