*Item Rarity, boss runs, 1500 dom kills ,disappointment

"
Wraeklops wrote:
Your grammar is not the problem, but what about using paragraphs?

I don't "farm" in poe, but from what I saw/heared, you make incredible amounts of alterations plus "chaos from recipe" that you don't have to rely on top-items. Sure they would be nice but chances are really low, so you probably have bad luck?

I think you are failing to understand the point of OP's post, which points out the worst in the game atm.

You get lucky? Okay, you can enjoy the game and play whatever.
You don't get lucky? Have fun playing a cheap build, and chaos-recipe 24/7 until you can buy gear-upgrades from the lucky cunts.

Masters improwed this a bit, yet it also made it worse, just look at poe.xyz flooding with insane stuff some people managed to craft because they had all those currencies to waste on it.

A friend of mine counted he had a total of 7 Alchemy, 8 Chaos Orbs dropped all the way up to Lv 80.
RNG is RNG, I agree. But that's fucking bullshit in some way.

My problem atm with the game is, I can't really enjoy playing with fun-enabling Uniques if I don't end up flipping items like I did in Nemesis, because I'm not the lucky type, even after 1k+ Piety runs, I've yet to see anything decent drop from her.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
After 1000 Piety runs you already HAVE these decent items, otherwise you'll not be able to do it quickly.

If you talk about the absolute top items (T1 was mentioned) then they have to be extremely rare because of the bunch of no-lifers who have nothing to do than playing video games. Unfortunately, poe is online-only, so rewards and difficulty has to be adjusted (also) for those farming groups with "clever use of mechanics" and tons of playing time.

I am disappointed about this, because I play solo and less than one hour a day. This game is not made for me. Brought two chars to lower maps since closed beta, but it's still fun to play. I won't even start talking about uniques, it's obvious that my items are between crap and mediocre.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
If you dont have good gear, its not a great idea to spend exalts on MF gear to help you find good gear.
Just buy the gear you need.. then eventually you'll get enough currency to where you can MF for chaos recipe and uniques.

Long story short, built a char to run dom. Eventually had enough to stack 400iir/80iq and portal cheese cull final form at 10%.

Highlights from drops on about 5-600 runs include Crown of eyes. Rise of phoniex, Dream frags, Roma banquet,daydus, about 10 unique maps, and a couple GG rares.

Made a new character a couple weeks ago, running with 45 iir and i drop 2 tabula rasa within the first 10 dom runs.

go figure.
Last edited by oldirtybomber on Sep 18, 2014, 2:46:20 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

When I started, I figured the odds of a top tier unique dropping with very high MF gear were probably like 1/1000 but I think 1/5000 is probably closer to the mark.

This.

Not this at all.

IIR has no impact at all on your unique roll. Now, sure it helps determine if the initial loot will be unique or not, but after that selection is made, the actual unique item that is selected occurs outside of any rarity buff.

Basically if you get a unique to drop, that is where MF stops helping you.

Your logic is self-defeating, and it doesn't address anything I said by the way. Higher IIR = more uniques = more chances to get a top tier unique.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
When I started, I figured the odds of a top tier unique dropping with very high MF gear were probably like 1/1000 but I think 1/5000 is probably closer to the mark.

"
tackle70 wrote:
Your logic is self-defeating, and it doesn't address anything I said by the way. Higher IIR = more uniques = more chances to get a top tier unique.

No. It's isn't my logic. It's a game mechanic. Your first post is wrong.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

"
tackle70 wrote:

No. Higher IIR = higher chance for a unique to drop from Dominus. This means that higher MF = fewer expected runs from Dominus to get a top tier unique. The fact that IIR doesn't affect which unique drops has no effect on this.

You might want to actually read my post, because your post has NOTHING to do with mine unless you don't understand your own logic. I'm talking about the odds of getting a top tier unique to drop from Dominus with good MF gear. By your own admission (which is in fact true), IIR affects the chance of a unique dropping, and when you're hunting for a top tier unique, you need to go through a TON of uniques to expect to find one.

If you really believe your own logic, go farm Dominus with 0 IIR for a while and come back to me when you find a Shavs/Kaoms/ST/etc.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 18, 2014, 3:48:49 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

"
tackle70 wrote:

No. Higher IIR = higher chance for a unique to drop from Dominus. This means that higher MF = fewer expected runs from Dominus to get a top tier unique. The fact that IIR doesn't affect which unique drops has no effect on this.

You might want to actually read my post, because your post has NOTHING to do with mine unless you don't understand your own logic. I'm talking about the odds of getting a top tier unique to drop from Dominus with good MF gear. By your own admission (which is in fact true), IIR affects the chance of a unique dropping, and when you're hunting for a top tier unique, you need to go through a TON of uniques to expect to find one.

If you really believe your own logic, go farm Dominus with 0 IIR for a while and come back to me when you find a Shavs/Kaoms/ST/etc.

People find high end uniques all the time with little or no rarity for exactly the reason I stated in explaining the game mechanic to you. Once the unique roll is made everyone has the same chance. If you are farming Dom with 10% rarity and a unique rolls you have the same chance as someone with 400%.

I'm not going to waste my breath further. The chances you listed in your post that I put in bold for you are totally 100% wrong. You can believe whatever you wish, but you can't have your own facts.

I'm done in this thread.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
DarthSki44

I don't think you understand how IIR works mechanically in PoE
anything is everything
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
People find high end uniques all the time with little or no rarity for exactly the reason I stated in explaining the game mechanic to you. Once the unique roll is made everyone has the same chance. If you are farming Dom with 10% rarity and a unique rolls you have the same chance as someone with 400%.

I'm not going to waste my breath further. The chances you listed in your post that I put in bold for you are totally 100% wrong. You can believe whatever you wish, but you can't have your own facts.

I'm done in this thread.

You really don't get it, do you? Yes, if you are farming Dom with 0% rarity and a unique rolls, you get the same chance for a Shavs to drop as if you had 500% IIR and got a unique. I am not, nor have I ever, disputed that.

However, higher IIR will result in a higher chance to get a unique drop from Dominus, which results in more chances for a Shavs/etc to roll. Therefore, IIR is important when farming for uniques. I'm not sure how you are missing this, because it's really quite simple. If you run Dominus 1000 times with 400 IIR, you will get more uniques than if you run Dominus 1000 times with 0 IIR. Each of those uniques might have the same chance to be something good, but you get a lot more of them if you have IIR.

Your logic is essentially like this:
1) Any fusing can 6-Link something
2) Therefore you have the same chance to 6-Link something if you use 20 fusings as if you use 1000

It just doesn't work that way dude.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 18, 2014, 4:18:15 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I'm done in this thread.

You really don't get it, do you? Yes, if you are farming Dom with 0% rarity and a unique rolls, you get the same chance for a Shavs to drop as if you had 500% IIR and got a unique. I am not, nor have I ever, disputed that.

However, higher IIR will result in a higher chance to get a unique drop from Dominus, which results in more chances for a Shavs/etc to roll. Therefore, IIR is important when farming for uniques. I'm not sure how you are missing this, because it's really quite simple. If you run Dominus 1000 times with 400 IIR, you will get more uniques than if you run Dominus 1000 times with 0 IIR. Each of those uniques might have the same chance to be something good, but you get a lot more of them if you have IIR.

Your logic is essentially like this:
1) Any fusing can 6-Link something
2) Therefore you have the same chance to 6-Link something if you use 20 fusings as if you use 1000

It just doesn't work that way dude.

Wow. Whatever. That is EXACTLY how fusing works. You could use 1 or fucking 3000, the chance is the same. It doesn't increase because your click your brains out. They are independent rolls. WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK.

If you are farming Dom for high end uniques specifically with high rarity you are doing it wrong. You would be better off running coward's since the unique drop is certain, and not gated.

If you are farming chaos/alts and want additional chances for any uniques on the way then do Dom with high rarity.

This thread has drifted into the absurd. Truly I'm done. You guys enjoy your own version of PoE.
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info