*Item Rarity, boss runs, 1500 dom kills ,disappointment

So where to start. I started rampage just when forsaken masters got live, i quickly got to level 69 with my shadow, then i realized i can't really proceed because of lack of items. I decided to spend all my currency on Mfing gear, and i set up a 430 IIR & 41% quantity culler build and started organising dominus runs. i choosed boss runs, because i've read a post on forums where GGG staff said they are buffing drop rates to make boss runs more rewarding. I got from 69 to 79 just in dominus runs, didn't do a single map. with like a total of 30-40 dies i did between 1100-1200 kills in that period. I didn't get a single drop with the value over 1 Exalt, i have to state that i didn't even saw one dropped. After reaching lvl 79 i got rly bored of culling and organising runs, so i sold all my eq and set up a runner character what i managed to lvl 84 on maps too ofc i didn't finish running dom. So far i've reached 1500 kills ( +-25) and still i haven't seen anything dropped.I won't stop playing poe or anything like that, because i still think it's a great game and much of fun. i'd just like to get some information about other player's experience, and if possible i'd like to know the mathematical chance of a t1 unique drop at dom run, or just the amount of dom runs you need to do to get a t1 unique. Thanks for any replies!! Sorry if my grammar is bad, english exam was long ago. :)
Dammit I can't make fun of him T_T
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
#include<stdio.h>

double support_pack()
{

double Unique_drop_rate;

Unique_drop_rate=1000000000+1;

return (Unique_drop_rate);
}

double famous_streamer()
{

Unique_drop_rate=1000+1;

return (Unique_drop_rate);

}
int main()
{

char MF[4]=cake;
double WIN,win;

cout<<"The"<<MF[4]<<is a lie";

WIN=support_pack();
win=famous_streamer();

return 0;

}
Last edited by choopk1993 on Sep 18, 2014, 1:50:29 PM
Aint nobody got time for grammar. ;)

Spoiler
Also no time to read all that, sorry. :P
Your grammar is not the problem, but what about using paragraphs?

I don't "farm" in poe, but from what I saw/heared, you make incredible amounts of alterations plus "chaos from recipe" that you don't have to rely on top-items. Sure they would be nice but chances are really low, so you probably have bad luck?
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Boss runs are more for chaos recipe and alterations ;). I speak for my experience, I made countless piety and dom runs in the past but I always got my best drops in high iiq maps, especially in this league, for the first time, I started with a character for high maps/Atziri only (in the past league I always started with a mfer to fund a map character) and I already dropped a kaom, a CoE, an aegis aurora and a CoD (rng luck of course but I don't wasted a couple of weeks in boss runs)
"
mad4thrash wrote:
Boss runs are more for chaos recipe and alterations ;)

This. I did somwehere around 10,000 runs of Dominus over 6 months at 100/400 IIQ/IIR (I did the runs solo) and received precisely two good uniques: Bino's and Soul Taker.

From my experience, it's not uncommon to go 1500-2000 runs without seeing anything that sells for more than a few chaos.

When I started, I figured the odds of a top tier unique dropping with very high MF gear were probably like 1/1000 but I think 1/5000 is probably closer to the mark.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 18, 2014, 1:27:23 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:

When I started, I figured the odds of a top tier unique dropping with very high MF gear were probably like 1/1000 but I think 1/5000 is probably closer to the mark.

This.
IGN TylordRampage
Boss runs are vastly more valuable at start of any league and especially start of hardcore leagues, outside of that they are chaos runs to get the 2c recipe. See mano and willywonka who over a few days made several exalts worth of chaos (although willy also multiplied the worth of his chaos by getting pretty good "streamerdeals" on his IIR gear).

If you want to collect your own top tier gear, especially for softcore, it is gotten in maps due to the low ilvl of dominus and missing the map only unique drops.
Last edited by TheScalpel on Sep 18, 2014, 1:50:58 PM
"
Malone wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

This.

Not this at all.

IIR has no impact at all on your unique roll. Now, sure it helps determine if the initial loot will be unique or not, but after that selection is made, the actual unique item that is selected occurs outside of any rarity buff.

Basically if you get a unique to drop, that is where MF stops helping you.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info