New annoying trade practice (semi-scam)

inb4 OP says you have bad reading comprehension.
"
UniqueFarm3 wrote:
It's not really a scam and I do it all the time.
If somebody has an item listed at 10c and I say "wtb your 'x' for 8c", that's what I want to pay for it and I'm simply expressing this to the seller. If they want to sell at that price, then so be it, they will. If they don't, then they don't. It's really hard for me to comprehend that anybody could think this as a 'scam'.

I think you misunderstood. The difference is they're saying "I wtb your X that you listed wanting 5c for", when it's in fact the item you listed for 8c
i just dont see the research showing that the item in question was listed for a competitive price in the first place, nothing showing that the op was not head and shoulders above other prices and getting whispers for being online. I can believe that people would try to trick you, the thread just doesnt show any evidence of it other than the OP being disgruntled by phrasing of what is ultimately a fair offer (by admission in OP).
Hey...is this thing on?
"
Hypomaniac wrote:
"
UniqueFarm3 wrote:
If somebody has an item listed at 10c and I say "wtb your 'x' for 8c", that's what I want to pay for it and I'm simply expressing this to the seller. If they want to sell at that price, then so be it, they will. If they don't, then they don't. It's really hard for me to comprehend that anybody could think this as a 'scam'.

I think you misunderstood. The difference is they're saying "I wtb your X that you listed wanting 5c for", when it's in fact the item you listed for 8c

Oh, yeah that's a scam then. Lol, blatant lying. But won't these people realize how dumb this is and give up when they realize it never works?

Well.. I guess it must be working on some people. But everybody has their shit labeled with b/o tabs so I can't really see this working very often.
Last edited by UniqueFarm3 on Sep 18, 2014, 12:27:29 PM
This has actually been happening to me a lot lately. And if I didn't have 8+ neatly colored and labeled stash tabs dedicated just to selling stuff, I could easily see getting tripped up and falling for it. When you're selling like 20 items in a few hours, referring to your thread for every one gets pretty tiresome. The labeled stash tabs relieve that hassle though.

Yes, it is scummy and yes, those people get ignored. People saying "but dis is a barter economy hurrr" etc probably don't sell enough stuff to know how tiresome it is to keep track of prices on a hundred different items at the same time.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
UniqueFarm3 wrote:
"
Hypomaniac wrote:
"
UniqueFarm3 wrote:

Oh, yeah that's a scam then. Lol, blatant lying. But won't these people realize how dumb this is and give up when they realize it never works?

Well.. I guess it must be working on some people. But everybody has their shit labeled with b/o tabs so I can't really see this working very often.

That is the situation I was talking about in the OP.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
This has actually been happening to me a lot lately. And if I didn't have 8+ neatly colored and labeled stash tabs dedicated just to selling stuff, I could easily see getting tripped up and falling for it. When you're selling like 20 items in a few hours, referring to your thread for every one gets pretty tiresome. The labeled stash tabs relieve that hassle though.

Yes, it is scummy and yes, those people get ignored. People saying "but dis is a barter economy hurrr" etc probably don't sell enough stuff to know how tiresome it is to keep track of prices on a hundred different items at the same time.

Exactly.

I really don't get the people arguing it is "my loss" for not accepting the trade after these people attempted to scam me. I have a smaller shop and I probably get 10-20 trades a game session.I would much rather promptly ignore the scammer and sell my item to someone else later on.

My Stash isn't hurting for ex or chaos, and it is not like I won't eventually get my shit sold to reputable players.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
choopk1993 wrote:
Well, I see no scamming. Its just part of trade to get things at a low price. OP just don't know the definition of scam.

Because there is nothing dishonest about deliberately misquoting the b/o price?

If you want to negotiate, do so honestly. If not, blacklist and I don't care how slick you think you are.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
ITT: First world gamer problems

ITT²: trader problems

ITT³: greedy peoples problems
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:
Well, I see no scamming. Its just part of trade to get things at a low price. OP just don't know the definition of scam.

Because there is nothing dishonest about deliberately misquoting the b/o price?

If you want to negotiate, do so honestly. If not, blacklist and I don't care how slick you think you are.

Nope in the world of wraeclast honesty doesnt matter.Scamming is good for survival.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info