New annoying trade practice (semi-scam)

hi op, just the guy i was looking for!

so since you have priced that mjolner for 1 ex, im willing to offer you 10 chaos for it
path of exile expert
Trade is about bartering. Get good at being a trader.
"
Dacar92 wrote:
I don't understand how this is a semi-scam. If you ask for 10c and they come back at 5c or 8c, you have the right to say no. That's all. I always want to buy items at a lower price. I don't always ask the seller, especially if I know it's already a good price. But whats wrong with negotiating? I would rather spend 5c than 10c. It doesn't hurt to ask. You can always say no.

EDIT: I just reread your post. Are you saying that you list an item at 10c and they come back and say something like this "I'll take your b/o at 5c"? If that's what you mean, yes that's a little slimy.

Yes that is what they are doing.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
ok, there's no need to get hostile guys. What's happening here is people offering to b/o an item at a lower price than he listed it at but being a little slippery about it. I think the OP is just offering it to us as a warning to watch out for.
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
"
Halezor wrote:
Socially inept, or shrewd business people? There are no moral obligations, if the law is being observed, in a free capitalist market.

Not a tactic I use, I just negotiate or pay B/O, but if you can create an edge within the rules many traders will do so happily.

Capitalism = I can get ahead, at your expense.

Communism = I can get ahead, if I'm in a position of power?
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
"

You have just joined the poor reading comprehension club.

So what trading is battering. You no like it your prob. You won't sell ur stuf.
"
[Removed by Support]

They're trying to get you to sell an item for less than you have it listed for. It doesn't matter that they're trying to make it look like their offer IS the buyout price. THAT is part of the barter game also.

[Removed by Support]
"
"
"

[Removed by Support]

They're trying to get you to sell an item for less than you have it listed for. It doesn't matter that they're trying to make it look like their offer IS the buyout price. THAT is part of the barter game also.

[Removed by Support]

+1
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Sep 18, 2014, 10:59:19 AM
"
"
"

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Sorry bro, I know you went back and reread. You already earned your spot, coming back and pretending otherwise is a bit sad :)

EDIT: Your argument is without merit btw. What these people are trying to do is the equivalent of someone walking into a shop with a price sticker gun and labeling a product at a discount and then going to the owner and asking to buy the product at the "listed" price.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Sep 18, 2014, 11:00:39 AM
"

Sorry bro, I know you went back and reread. You already earned your spot, coming back and pretending otherwise is a bit sad :)

It's a bit sad that you have such a poor understanding about how the trade game works in PoE. :)

This isn't a shop with sticker prices though, It's a barter game where anything goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info