New annoying trade practice (semi-scam)

"
Trade is about bartering. Get good at being a trader.

Setting a B/O is part of trading too,you don't have to negotiate a B/O and shouldn't have to defeats the purpose of having one.
Last edited by Kavlor on Sep 18, 2014, 10:49:37 AM
If you list an item, someone offers you less than the b/o, and you accept the trade than that is not a scam. That is a voluntary trade between two willing parties. What is wrong with that?

Ppl offer me less than my buyouts all the time. I do not ignore these ppl simply because they wish to pay less than a b/o cost in a barter based economy. I negotiate a deal more to my liking or tell the player I am not interested. There is no need to be rude and ignore ppl simply because you do not like their offer.
Well, I see no scamming. Its just part of trade to get things at a low price. OP just don't know the definition of scam.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"

Setting a B/O is part of trading too,you don't have to negotiate a B/O and shouldn't have to defeats the purpose of having one.

As a shopper, It's always good in a barter based game to try and buy things as cheaply as possible, set buy out price or not. That's the thing that keeps the in game economy dynamic, as intended by the developers.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"

Don't bother with him. He couldn't even understand that the original post has nothing to do with bartering.

But to your point, I have no problem with negotiating my buyouts. These people aren't making a legit offer. They are claiming an item has a lower b/o than it really does and are offering this lower amount.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
This is kind of like swapping the price tags on items in a store. If the cashier doesn't know any better, the crook gets their item at a cheaper price.

In the real world, the crook gets arrested for shoplifting if caught. In PoE they move on. One of the reasons we need an in-game shop system.
"
ntall1 wrote:
If you list an item, someone offers you less than the b/o, and you accept the trade than that is not a scam. That is a voluntary trade between two willing parties. What is wrong with that?

Ppl offer me less than my buyouts all the time. I do not ignore these ppl simply because they wish to pay less than a b/o cost in a barter based economy. I negotiate a deal more to my liking or tell the player I am not interested. There is no need to be rude and ignore ppl simply because you do not like their offer.

You didn't understand what I said in my OP...

This seems to be a theme on the PoE forums.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Nothing has a legit value in poe. Its the owner who determines the price. For example I can sell my shav for 1 scroll fragment.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is kind of like swapping the price tags on items in a store. If the cashier doesn't know any better, the crook gets their item at a cheaper price.

In the real world, the crook gets arrested for shoplifting if caught. In PoE they move on. One of the reasons we need an in-game shop system.

This is the kind of thing that GGG likes though. Getting ahead in PoE can't be compared with the real world. We're talking about a setting where 3rd party macros rule the day.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Except there is only one b/o listed, and that's done by the seller.

I still don't understand this. There is only two ways this conversation can go.

Them: "Hey I'll b/o your ___ listed for 8c"
You: "It's listed for 10c"
Them: "Oh my bad(or similar admission because it's fucking listed), I read it wrong. Will you take 8c"
or
Them: "Ah, Would you take 8c for it?"
or
Them "Damn he ignored me? Why?" "Guess I'll just message the next dude."

*Again the only way this works is if you don't know your own b/o's.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info