Most Efficient Way to Roll High Maps Solo Play

- I use alch on maps 74+ (start on 70+ when building the pool)
- Chisels are for my highest maps, if i have 5+ maps of a the same level, i run them without chisels.
- I always vaal orb my highest maps. I never use more than 2 chaos on them before vaaling.
- +Magic monsters is the best mod to get, as said by someone before, I craft box to have those 3 packs of magic monsters.
- I don't craft my highest maps if I don't have chisels or vaal orbs.
- 66-68 maps go in chisel recipe

I'm slowly mapping solo and currently got one 77 and two 78 maps.
I don't have much experience with high level maps... we'll any experience really. I do have experience with mathematics. Been teaching it for about 40 years.

Unless something is really wonky with this system, being anywhere near optimal is going to be pretty much just as good as being optimal. If not, small changes will make a noticeable difference. If you make a change to your plan, and don't notice any difference, you're close enough to optimal as you need to be.

Looking for "the most efficient" isn't always as efficient as going with what feels right.
When I want to watch my 76+ pool build and grow:

1)Chisel
2)Alch
3)Chaos for some type of pack improving mod
4)Run with Onslaught

Total cost averages out to around 10-12c per map.

When the map pool is built up sufficiently (50 or more 76+ maps), then I just transmute/augment and go until the pool dwindles down to 15-20 maps or so.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
For this league, i soloed all my way to level 76 maps. This is my actual map pool from 74 to 76:

I personally did this way:

i never chiseled any map up to level 71 except strand ones. I alched only level 72 waste pool maps and all other from 66 to 72 were blue maps with 30%+ quantity OR a population mod. From level 73 to 74 maps i double chisel them and alch/chaos them until i get a non-lethal combination of map mods and for 75+ i use 4 chisels and again alch/chaos until non lethal combo AND 70% quantity at least

In this way i could get that map pool shown above. Not the greatest but until now my pool only grown, never lost maps and ran dry
The biggest factor is probably still just good old luck. I ran a bunch of alched and chiseled 74s, and got nothing over 69. Then I ran a blue 76 (30% magic monsters, IIQ of 46% and chiseled) and ended up with 10 maps:

Well, it fills the evening, at least. :)
Am I the only one who doesn't care about doing high maps and will happily run thousands of alch'd 67/68/69s? The only thing I'm missing out on is map only uniques and top tier item rolls, both of which I'll never see anyway. Oh and XP, which I don't care about, cause my build is pretty much done already.

IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about doing high maps and will happily run thousands of alch'd 67/68/69s? The only thing I'm missing out on is map only uniques and top tier item rolls, both of which I'll never see anyway. Oh and XP, which I don't care about, cause my build is pretty much done already.

No, but then you are choosing to not play the game as intended. I try to play the game as intended.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Depends if it is HC or standard. When you die and lose a large fraction of your wealth, it affects every aspect of the game (not only from gear, but all those maps you rolled for exp are gone now, and unless you made a ton of maps or currency from them, they are lost currency).

As someone who has played solo HC for the last four leagues, if you include this one, I personally feel that it is very difficult to maintain maps 75+. In Nemesis it seemed the easiest, and even then I had to quit at 93 due to lose of all currency.

Sometimes you just have to get lucky with drops, and buy your maps outright. It all comes down to luck, honestly. Maps seem to drop randomly in my experience, and IIQ does little. It may help, but I question whether it is really worth the exalts upon exalts it costs.

Keep in mind that this league and the last leagues, maps have gone way down in price. They aren't worth what they used to be, so you can buy them if you have to. In Nemesis however, they were very expensive. When I quit there, I sold my remaining maps for something like 16ex total, excluding the lower level maps.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Sep 18, 2014, 5:10:44 PM
"
Wooser69 wrote:

High ilevel rares are worth running high maps for, 99% of what you find is crap but that 1% that can be worth multiple exalts is well worth it
I alch 70+.
I vender x3 impossible 71/72's.
I chaos reroll 72+.
Chisel 72+ before you alch it.
72+ you want 100 quantity or pretty much don't bother running it.

I stop running a tier if I run low and do them again if I have at least 5 of them.

Other than you cross your fingers.

Some helpful tips here, good thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info