Most Efficient Way to Roll High Maps Solo Play

Using nothing on sub-74 maps will, in my experience, cause you to run out of maps before you even get more than a few 74 maps. This has been pretty consistent for me over the past few leagues, so either I am consistently unlucky, or people buy maps and don't consider the way up to 74.

I usually start alching at 70 or 71, or roll magic/packsize (if low on alchs). This is all without buying currency or maps.
I keep hitting a brick wall at 74. I can get 72's and 73's all day long, but I have run a bunch of 74's, and have never gotten more than a 68 of them, and the 2 75's I ever got from 73 maps, didn't give me crap. The 75 Plateau I just ran had 141%, cost me 10 chaos (6 for zana's mod), and gave me ZERO maps. I must just be cursed.
I did great in anarchy as a pure solo player finished with a decent map pool:

Spoiler

During the last couple days I chained 15-20 78m maps before I exhausted them all. I think I finished about 440th

This season has been a slow start for me as I have not had much time at all to play, only time will tell

76= 1 chisel + trans
77= 2 chisel + chance
78= 4 chisel + alch

Building the map pool sucks though, I usually place 2 chisels and an alch on my highest level map, run it, and cross my fingers for RNG. No success means I have to drop a bracket.... Currently fighting the level 74 map wall in rampage.
Last edited by Gryphyn on Sep 17, 2014, 11:43:40 PM
u srs bro ? lvl 5 zana gives you 72/73 maps for free once per day, including maps that drop.I have a pool of 74/75 maps and im not buying.

?
I'm done with rolling maps. I've found that difficulty mods barely do a damn thing. I'm at the point where I'll run blue maps all the way up to lvl 76 and then alc and go 77+78 and chisel those. But no point trying to get a high percentage, its too damn random. I'd rather not spend an extra 10 minutes clearing a temp chains or whatever map with maybe just a tiny better chance of getting an equal map. I've done this thousands of times and I'm not gonna be rolling maps anymore to get the desired mods on the highest maps.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
Mivo wrote:
Using nothing on sub-74 maps will, in my experience, cause you to run out of maps before you even get more than a few 74 maps. This has been pretty consistent for me over the past few leagues, so either I am consistently unlucky, or people buy maps and don't consider the way up to 74.

I usually start alching at 70 or 71, or roll magic/packsize (if low on alchs). This is all without buying currency or maps.

When I'm still building the pool I do throw an alc on some sub 74, depending on how much alc I have spare. From 71s Dry woods & Temple might get an alc. 72 is garbage tier, only Waste pool gets alced. 73s Canyon & Dry. pen.

All the others are run blue, usually with around 40Q (vuln., fleet, no regen, -max..., give good Q but are not that bad in a blue map)

Also, Zana helps a lot at this stage. Around lvl 5 you'll get 72 maps dailies.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
When you get a decent pool size, you can forget about rolling. Your map pool will survive on sheer RNG variance. (120% Shrine with max roll magic pack drops nothing, some random blue 20% drops 5+ maps...)

At this stage quantity becomes almost irrelevant, as the system is designed to give you vastly different outcomes. So there is no point in doing difficult & slow 100+Q maps for 20 mins, if you can run 3 easy ones in the meantime.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
i always run out of maps and run out of exalts buying them so this thread is most useful...marked.
Git R Dun!
Seriously i dont know about you guys but i just use whatever i have to roll them, have chisels? use. Dont have? Dont bothr gettin some, i alch the maps with the alchs i get droping, if i dont have alchs i use some alts and run that shit.
I work 6 days a week, 8 hours a day, and i have over 300 maps, 73+ maps i get 3 of each and upgrade to next tier until lvl 75 and run them, my high lvl map pool is pretty solid.

IGN - Slayonara
Last edited by MakaveliPT on Sep 18, 2014, 5:22:01 AM
Well I normally go like that too. Although I hardly ever run out of Alcs.

I normally just through an Alc on them. However you should be able to cope with certain mods like -max resists or no Regeneration, since they might show up every once in a while.

The thing is, don't be afraid to roll maps as hard as possible. If in doubt just ignore the boss, the amount of drops from a boss are maybe 1% of the map. Losing this but gaining 30% additional quantity for the map is definitly worth it. And even if it is cool to defeat double Dominus with -Max Resists and multiple projectiles it is not worth it^^.

I'm basically just running 71-73 maps with my MF-summoner and build my pool of higher maps with that, which I use to level the other chars.

Due to Zana (and also the other masters) I have a lot less issues to sustain my map-pool. Zana is the best, but also the additional mobs you can kill in Haku or Tora missions can really help to drop some maps. The few % Zana gives for free are also really nice.

So my way of dealing with maps is:

Roll them as hard as possible and if there happens to be content in it you can't beat, ignore it (although this basically only happens with Exiles and the Boss).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info