Most Efficient Way to Roll High Maps Solo Play

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about doing high maps and will happily run thousands of alch'd 67/68/69s? The only thing I'm missing out on is map only uniques and top tier item rolls, both of which I'll never see anyway. Oh and XP, which I don't care about, cause my build is pretty much done already.

I'd happily run 69s all day, but I'd never see level 90 that way. :) It's my softcore goal at the moment, which is why I've been chain-running maps. In general, I'd rather level new characters since after 80 it just slows down to a crawl. I don't know how people who level past 90 do it. It's very grindy to get even to 90 (but do-able). A 76 map gives about 3% XP per run at 89 (if it's got magic monsters anyway, I don't run anything else), so you need 30+ of them. 74 and 75 maps give 2% or less. Below 72 you get a very negligible amount.

It's also more fun if the maps are more challenging and you have to pay attention a little.
I just did a 110% waste pool. Highest map drop: 70
So ya. Arguably flawed system. Alot of luck is what you need.
Never chisel below 76.
Never rare below 74.

Apart from that, you need good RNG. My mate steamrolled to #2 in Beyond on carto maps whereas my other friend is #2 atm and has to buy 78s constantly.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Never chisel below 76.
Never rare below 74.

Good way of not even reaching 74 or 76.
Alchs are cheap. I never buy alchs, and I'm sitting on 70..
A argument could be made for not chiseling before X level but never rare below 74? How do you GET to 74 wasting your 70-73's at barely 40% quantity?

Sorry bad advise IMO
Maybe if you buy all your maps hey sure, good plan.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 18, 2014, 5:54:38 PM
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Never chisel below 76.
Never rare below 74.

Good way of not even reaching 74 or 76.
Alchs are cheap. I never buy alchs, and I'm sitting on 70..
A argument could be made for not chiseling before X level but never rare below 74? How do you GET to 74 wasting your 70-73's at barely 40% quantity?

Sorry bad advise IMO
Maybe if you buy all your maps hey sure, good plan.

My advice is the best advice possible if you buy maps at market price at this point in a league.

It is 100% more cost-effective than trying to build your own map pool.

At this point, only when you get to 77+ should you start actually using your currency. You should definitely alch + chisel in the first two weeks of the league to push the base but apart from that, it's stupid.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 18, 2014, 5:59:56 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

My advice is the best advice possible if you buy maps at market price.

Right.

I'd rather alch em and slowly accumulate 70+ maps, all the while accumulating currency for better gear to do higher maps.

Maybe if you're in some kind of hurry or need ladder epeen to sleep better at night, I dunno.

"
"
Chundadragon wrote:

My advice is the best advice possible if you buy maps at market price.

Right.

I'd rather alch em and slowly accumulate 70+ maps, all the while accumulating currency for better gear to do higher maps.

Maybe if you're in some kind of hurry or need ladder epeen to sleep better at night, I dunno.

Time is money and you can't get anywhere without moving forwards.

There is zero reason to painfully accumulate 70+ maps when you can buy them, I believe - 73s for 1c now in Rampage? If you spend anymore than 1c on a 73 when you can buy another for 1c then it's just a waste of currency.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 18, 2014, 6:08:50 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

"never rare below 74" is not moving forward. You're wasting maps, and alchs are cheap.
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:

"never rare below 74" is not moving forward. You're wasting maps, and alchs are cheap.

Definitely not.

Rares come with the risk of chaosing them and a 73 I believe is worth 1c in Rampage?

If you chaos a 73, then officially you've just wasted your currency. Just buy another 73.
If you give advice based on the assumption that people buy maps, you need to include that, or it is a bit misleading. I haven't bought a single map, for example, and if I had not alched before 74, I'd probably have no 74 maps at all.

Of course you can trivialize everything by trading, and mapping is no exception, but some of us prefer just playing the game. Trading is always the most efficient way to get anything in PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info