[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards
you'll get blood magic again...

and you're correct about tempest shield.
Just want to say quickly,

New unique claw + EK perhaps?

Will comment more when I have some time :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
Blind is ineffective on Tempest Shield.

.... Not to mention you already have blind on your Bringer, so they have the chance to overlap and you'll lose some of the effectiveness of having it linked to Tempest Shield.

Interesting. I suppose blind would be good with TS and elemental proliferation as it would have a chance to reach the ranged monster packs lurking beyond melee range. Great synergy with the recommended Ondar's too. Perhaps only an idea for those without Bringer of Rain.

I don't have any experience with the support you suggested. In other games though, monsters running away is just bad for efficiency.

Personally, I'm not finding any need for monsters running from me as I'm pretty much invulnerable now that I'm over-leveled for the maps I can find. Maybe monsters fleeing would be helpful for leveling. Not sure. I do encourage individual experimentation with support gems!
"
MildlyClever wrote:
I am level 47 now and having fun - in Act 2 in Merciless.

I have a couple of questions: I skipped taking blood magic support gem as reward option - and now I realize that I should have taken it up for use later (very raredy do I run out of mana, but if I pop an aura or two it runs out fast though.

47 in merciless? Wow, you da man! Just kidding, I know you meant Cruel. :)

The prior poster covered most of this, but I'll add my 2c.

I'm not a big fan of BM for attack skills as it pretty much keeps you from being topped up on your life, and flasks, leech and regen heal more slowly as they are fighting the drain. I recommend if at all possible balancing your damage (weapon choice, support gems) so that you do a lot of physical damage for the amount of mana you use. Then a mana leech item will do it for you. If you love a mana hog skill, consider the mana leech support gem, which levels up to 4% leech and works on elemental damage unlike the item-based leech.

Still BM may be a necessary evil for some in the mid levels before they do "serious" damage.
"
maffa50 wrote:

Thanks for mentioning that, just came out today, eh? I have not seen it yet. Claws can be used with Reave as well. If it's high enough physical damage it would be pretty good for Reave. I kind of like Reave but lack a good weapon for it.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
maffa50 wrote:

Thanks for mentioning that, just came out today, eh? I have not seen it yet. Claws can be used with Reave as well. If it's high enough physical damage it would be pretty good for Reave. I kind of like Reave but lack a good weapon for it.

The new claw gives 6% spell damage per 5% block
Hey Sovyn, that's my gear not considering gems that I have in other character, It'd be good to use ur build?
Here's the new claw:

Obviously it doesn't work for skills that are based on weapon damage, which is basically every single melee skill we use. EK would probably work though.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
Blind is ineffective on Tempest Shield.

.... Not to mention you already have blind on your Bringer, so they have the chance to overlap and you'll lose some of the effectiveness of having it linked to Tempest Shield.

Interesting. I suppose blind would be good with TS and elemental proliferation as it would have a chance to reach the ranged monster packs lurking beyond melee range. Great synergy with the recommended Ondar's too. Perhaps only an idea for those without Bringer of Rain.

I don't have any experience with the support you suggested. In other games though, monsters running away is just bad for efficiency.

Personally, I'm not finding any need for monsters running from me as I'm pretty much invulnerable now that I'm over-leveled for the maps I can find. Maybe monsters fleeing would be helpful for leveling. Not sure. I do encourage individual experimentation with support gems!

I don't think TS even does enough damage to shock mobs. There's a certain threshold of damage you need to do with lightning which corresponds to a certain duration of shock, anything less than that damage doesn't shock. I don't know the specific number though.

Mobs running around isn't a problem because I use Reave, so it catches everything in melee regardless if they're running around or not. It might be annoying if you're one of those multistrike/heavy strike people who don't run any splash and just rely on multistrike. It is useful when ranged mobs are shooting at you while you're contending with a pack of melee mobs, then the ranged mobs run around like morons leaving you to finish off the melee mobs.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Sep 6, 2013, 1:05:32 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
maffa50 wrote:

So I did a little checking and perhaps the new claw + EK isn't the best idea for this build, for two main reasons.

1st reason - EK only leeches from support gems which can be a problem

2nd reason - EK does not scale off weapon damage and therefore the increased weapon damage nodes (around Water Dancing and Weapon Artistry) are wasted. I'm not entirely sure but I would assume that Melee Physical Damage doesn't affect it either. Also the two 8% WED would be wasted as well.

However, with a little tweaking I would imagine that if someone really wanted to they could still use the new claw + EK to great effect with most of the key structure of the build still intact. Just goes to show how flexible this build is ^_^ please someone correct me if i'm wrong in any places.

Edit - Summary/TL;DR: new claw + EK (or maybe other spells even) can work with the core of build but normal attacks will be better I think :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
Last edited by maffa50 on Sep 6, 2013, 1:46:13 AM
"
lulurisos wrote:
Hey Sovyn, that's my gear not considering gems that I have in other character, It'd be good to use ur build?

Hi and welcome!

Your gear looks nice, of course it will work with this build. :)

I'd suggest some mana leech on an item, and some evasion on your shield. I'd try to find or trade for a Vaal Buckler with evasion % and flat bonus, life bonus and block bonus on it (38% is ideal).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info