[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
WarlockHolmez wrote:
I wanted to ask, how well does this build function as a tank/support when grouped with some glass cannon friends? Are there any modifications I can make to move it in that direction slightly?

You could go Guardian and take unwavering crusade, bastion of hope and time of need. You would run hatred and herald of purity and omit vaal pact.
"
Exileee wrote:
Hello, I'm trying this build for hardcore and I'm currently lvl 72. I'm looking at the budget setup and I just can't figure out how you're at 13.6k avg dmg. I've got basically the exact same setup and when I flask up and got all my heralds on it only gives me 3.1k. What am I missing?

Probably missing some damage nodes, a sixth link for attack skill, or not counting the power charges, blood rage and frenzy charges, etc. Cumulative effect. Can trade off by taking optional damage nodes early, but you are hardcore, so probably not the best idea.

The best 5 link for blade flurry damage is:

BF - Phys to Light - Melee Phys - Ele Damage - Conc. Effect (swap to AOE for clearing)

With your gear and tree, 20/20 gems, standing on cons ground, flasks up, frenzies and powers, blood rage, you get 114K DPS on your 5 link at 6 stages.

Sixth link would boost you to 172K with damage on full life (not great for boss), or 163K with ele focus (no shock), or 152K with added fire no shock, or 219K with shock.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 21, 2019, 2:53:28 PM
Hey guys.I am new to this game(last played it for a little bit back when i created an account)and trying this built and have to say compared to my ranger i made first/My templars a baws.I am going different skills and equipment tho as i like to experiment to find stuff working for my play style and idk how the currency work and don't speak in game :D
"
klariska wrote:
Hey guys.I am new to this game(last played it for a little bit back when i created an account)and trying this built and have to say compared to my ranger i made first/My templars a baws.I am going different skills and equipment tho as i like to experiment to find stuff working for my play style and idk how the currency work and don't speak in game :D

There is no end to spend qurrency I have change little bit , it cost me 7ex right now..

Fİnally. I tested 3 options of this build
Blade flurry
molten strike
lightning strike
As I seen blade flurry is better against the bosses but hard to use in clearing cworded maps
molten strike is the fastest way to clear map but it's slow against bosses
lightnin strike is slow at both ( couse the attacks can hit from far and triggleble skills and curses are not working) and most useless way to do it ...
Last edited by kesmen on Jan 26, 2019, 11:54:29 PM
Hi Sovyn, i'm new in the game (just few months) and i'm trying this build. Now i'm level 87 and i'm following the guide chapter and verse but i still die very often with bosses (mostly for one shot kill, even in tier 9/10) while mapping is pretty safe.
Can you give a look at my equip and tell me what i have to improve?
Thanks a lot
"
collaprene wrote:
Hi Sovyn, i'm new in the game (just few months) and i'm trying this build. Now i'm level 87 and i'm following the guide chapter and verse but i still die very often with bosses (mostly for one shot kill, even in tier 9/10) while mapping is pretty safe.
Can you give a look at my equip and tell me what i have to improve?
Thanks a lot

Some map bosses are very hard unless you know how to avoid their special abilities, I think that's generally the case for almost all builds. PoE is meant to be a challenge.

However, you can also note that your tree is halfway between the uber and standard builds so you are missing some attack block as you don't have red nightmare. That's why the standard budget friendly build that may be more appropriate for a newer player such as yourself takes the ranger area block nodes instead. As your build standard you are taking more damage and less defense, which is a valid approach as well but the result is as possibly as expected (a few more deaths). Also consider the Brine Crown instead for the good chunk of life and armour instead of the broken crown, you can always switch back for chaos based boss.
"
Sovyn wrote:
consider the Brine Crown instead for the good chunk of life and armour instead of the broken crown, you can always switch back for chaos based boss.

is it work good against red elder ?
Hello and thanks for the guide.

I've used it to build a somewhat decent char (compared to my first one, which was... Well it's best not to talk about it I guess). :)

Anyway - it's not an *entirely* exact copy of your proposed Skill Tree and some equipment is obviously different, but I did manage to get a better gameplay experience with it, up to a point. However, now that I reached higher levels (by leeching XP from parties) I've come to realize that it isn't effective at all and I even get killed on T3 - T5 maps when ran solo (leeching XP from parties was quite tricky too).

Just ran a Temple of Atzoatl with Level 72 monsters (me being 87) and I've lost 50% XP because of Rare Monsters (some with life regen that were impossible to kill - stalemate at best). Very vulnerable to mobs aswell. Long story short, bad clear speed (if I can clear at all) and very glassy.

I've made the Profile public and would appreciate any suggestions you might have regarding improvements. Or would it just be better to ditch it and start all over again ? The way things are going it seems I might be stuck at this level with no real incentive to do anything but farm low-tier maps for scraps.

Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks !

EDIT - Added offensive & defensive stats:

[ .. ]
Last edited by Jebedaias on Jan 27, 2019, 7:00:49 AM
"
Jebedaias wrote:
bad clear speed..

You have a 4-link. Get a bringer of rain, a decent 5-link or even a tabula. Also, I don't think reave is best right now for this build, try blade flurry, molten strike, or smite. Get the DPS flasks and use them. Remember, in PoE you have to kill things quickly to an extent. Also you are missing any real life on 3-4 of your pieces. Get MoM over that duelist stuff.
"
Jebedaias wrote:
Hello and thanks for the guide.

I've used it to build a somewhat decent char (compared to my first one, which was... Well it's best not to talk about it I guess). :)

Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks !

Remove the chest armour, it is killing you. Wish there was a good way to see what kills you when you are playing, but not being able to avoid spells is BAD in current game. Especially since you have taken a few nodes that gives spellblock, but the chest armour prevents it.
Getting Rainbowstride boots and maybe an amulet with spellblock% to get around 30 will make you survive a little bit easier.
I love this build but with gladiator for having 82% block and spellblock, sure way less damage but it just survives.

remove riposte, reckoning, they are to limited with their cooldown so they will not trigger often enough to help.
For mapping having herald of thunder with curse on hit is awesome, for bossing having Tempest shield with curse on hit is triggering more often. adding blind to them gives you a nice survivability buff for "free"

Jewels in the skilltree is your best friend also, noticed you are using 0 of those, read into them, study them, they are powerful

Noticed you have 340regen if you remove vaal pact, remember with vaal pact, regen on gear/nodes are useless as a stat. non-physical damage on gear is also kinda useless so find other stats then cold damage on rings

Good luck, have fun, and keep leveling, noticed your character is 89 now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info