[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

I don't know if I'd bother, but you could get one with level 20 increased AOE and Hypothermia for an ice crash 6-link for clearing, then use your 6link chest for vaal double strike for boss.

ok, i understand, i'll go with the brine crown :)
"
DragonDante28 wrote:
Got all the equips needed, what should I link with ancestral warchief? Thanks for the help!

Melee physical, concentrated effect and ruthless.
Hello! I'm a new player on PoE, and this is my first build im trying to follow. I just finished all the acts and started on maps. For now, the build is tanking the damage as expected (aside from some particular bosses, of course) but I feel that Im missing a lot of DPS on my current build.

Can someone who is following this build please tell me a couple of tips to improve my gear/stats? (I warn in advance that is quite messy, just newbie things) I'll gladly hear your suggestions :D
Hello again!

Thanks for your help last time, after many tries I beat the Elder.

I'm trying to figure out how to completely maximize the Lightning Strike potential and after some quick reading I got to some conclusions and was wondering if you could help me with this.

As it stands now, I've got ~1300 accuracy rating, which according to wikipedia and accuracy spreadsheet
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kCeAy43G3LiL0NMFVEgrLy0Uf1DXMjuyx_-7hRq47y4/edit#gid=1)
puts me at 40% chance to hit the Shaper. Wouldn't it be better to switch from Aegis Aurora to Lycosidae for that fight, giving me 250% more damage?

Another question for Lightning Strike to optimize bosses fight. I've changed Ancestral Call to Added Fire Damage Support but I'm wondering if I should change Melee Physical Damage Support to something else. According to wiki, the dps is calculated only based on initial physical attack, while the projectile damage doesn't benefit from any melee. Since to hit with melee I have to get close anyway, I also hit with projectile.

The questions are:
1. On close range, can multiple projectiles from Lightning Strike hit one enemy?
2. Wouldn't it be better to switch Melee Physical to different gem? Iron Grip gives me 108% increased projectile damage and Phys to Lightning also seems like a good alternative.

And lastly, since with Elemental Overload I only care to Crit once per 8 seconds, wouldn't switching from Romira to Gifts from Above be better? This puts me to even less chance to hit but with some halfasssed calculations, alot more damage and block.

Thank you for your answers in advance.
"
PruebaXD wrote:
Hello! I'm a new player on PoE, and this is my first build im trying to follow. I just finished all the acts and started on maps. For now, the build is tanking the damage as expected (aside from some particular bosses, of course) but I feel that Im missing a lot of DPS on my current build.

Can someone who is following this build please tell me a couple of tips to improve my gear/stats? (I warn in advance that is quite messy, just newbie things) I'll gladly hear your suggestions :D

As you have a 4-link right now, I recommend at least getting a 5-link chest item for about 1 chaos usually with decent life and resists on it. As it stands in your 4-link, physical to lightning support is usually a better choice than added fire damage. You've just outgrown a 4-link for your attack skill.

Better yet, see the budget setup with bringer of rain.

You can get damage on gloves, physical damage XX-XX, attack speed.

Get an atziri's promise flask and use it all the time. When you save up, lion's roar also.

You're not using curse on hit, put that on there with elemental weakness. You can link that to tempest shield or reckoning.

Your tree looks good, probably get something like Strong Arm next.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 6, 2019, 3:09:46 PM
"
WoKoliS wrote:
Hello again!

Thanks for your help last time, after many tries I beat the Elder.

I'm trying to figure out how to completely maximize the Lightning Strike potential and after some quick reading I got to some conclusions and was wondering if you could help me with this.

As it stands now, I've got ~1300 accuracy rating, which according to wikipedia and accuracy spreadsheet
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kCeAy43G3LiL0NMFVEgrLy0Uf1DXMjuyx_-7hRq47y4/edit#gid=1)
puts me at 40% chance to hit the Shaper. Wouldn't it be better to switch from Aegis Aurora to Lycosidae for that fight, giving me 250% more damage?

Another question for Lightning Strike to optimize bosses fight. I've changed Ancestral Call to Added Fire Damage Support but I'm wondering if I should change Melee Physical Damage Support to something else. According to wiki, the dps is calculated only based on initial physical attack, while the projectile damage doesn't benefit from any melee. Since to hit with melee I have to get close anyway, I also hit with projectile.

The questions are:
1. On close range, can multiple projectiles from Lightning Strike hit one enemy?
2. Wouldn't it be better to switch Melee Physical to different gem? Iron Grip gives me 108% increased projectile damage and Phys to Lightning also seems like a good alternative.

And lastly, since with Elemental Overload I only care to Crit once per 8 seconds, wouldn't switching from Romira to Gifts from Above be better? This puts me to even less chance to hit but with some halfasssed calculations, alot more damage and block.

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Take iron grip on the skill tree for two points. That's mentioned on the optional nodes section of the guide.

I have 93% chance to hit a normal monster or the shaper, it doesn't matter (according to PoB).

Now what does change due to the shaper is his resistance which is +40%. That just means your damage is cut by about 30%.

For best shaper DPS with LS projectiles you'll want to use: ele damage, phys to light, ele focus, lightning pen, vicious projectiles.

Gifts from above is a little better, 70.5K to 73K DPS for me on shaper calcs. Of course, crit chance drops from 13.5 percent to 9 percent. But when not on consecrated ground, Romira's is a little bit better DPS, about 1K higher.

I believe that LS can only hit one target with one projectile. There is a way to use ancestral call to hit with the melee hit from the call along with your projectiles (see youtube for that).
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 6, 2019, 3:39:41 PM
Thank you very much for posting a detailed and exquisitely written guide. I was wondering if you would mind taking a peak at my character and letting me know what I should improve on? It seems like I am either totally impervious to damage on some maps and other maps I just get one shot every time i turn around. I think it may have something to do with my survival and block gems and a lack of health. I'm currently using consecrated path to clear maps and then switching into smite for my single target boss fights with great dps on both. Thanks in advance.
"
grenaddier wrote:
Thank you very much for posting a detailed and exquisitely written guide. I was wondering if you would mind taking a peak at my character and letting me know what I should improve on? It seems like I am either totally impervious to damage on some maps and other maps I just get one shot every time i turn around. I think it may have something to do with my survival and block gems and a lack of health. I'm currently using consecrated path to clear maps and then switching into smite for my single target boss fights with great dps on both. Thanks in advance.

Be careful with blood rage on an an aegis build. It doesn't really go.

Missing life on ring and gloves.

Maybe balance resists and life, these are my latest

With the mana leech you have I don't think that you need a mana flask. Get another dps flask instead, lion's roar or taste of hate. Kill fast = less dying.

My current flasks

You'll want to go with enfeeble for your curse if you are having trouble. If you can keep ele overload running without the charges there is not much point to assassin's mark.

Try phys to light instead of added fire. Try conc effect for boss / inc aoe for clear. (instead of faster attacks)
Thank you for the quick response, I'll go ahead and try your suggestions this weekend and see how things go.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
PruebaXD wrote:

As you have a 4-link right now, I recommend at least getting a 5-link chest item for about 1 chaos usually with decent life and resists on it. As it stands in your 4-link, physical to lightning support is usually a better choice than added fire damage. You've just outgrown a 4-link for your attack skill.

Better yet, see the budget setup with bringer of rain.

You can get damage on gloves, physical damage XX-XX, attack speed.

Get an atziri's promise flask and use it all the time. When you save up, lion's roar also.

You're not using curse on hit, put that on there with elemental weakness. You can link that to tempest shield or reckoning.

Your tree looks good, probably get something like Strong Arm next.

Thanks for the tips Sovyn! Just another question. Should I get the Bringer of Rain or search for another helmet similar to the premium budget setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info