[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Udonitron wrote:
Damn I just spend my 45 points, after not playing for 2 years, on the LVL 100 Breach SC - CI PURE ELE BLADEFLURRY INQUISITOR and I regret it now considering the gear I already have...bah.
I should have just done this build.

Well, it would only take a few hours to level up another templar into the 40s and compare the two. Pretty sure this build would win. Best of luck, whatever you decide.

OK, I just have to get the proper gear then as my previous build was tankish thus I have more strength based gear currently.
"
Shoxu wrote:
Here is my current gear:

I still miss some damage and also can't figure out how to get 75% spell block. Also how the hell that guy with legacy Aegis got maxed out 75% block and spell block chances without tempest shield?

Also Im thinking about sword like this isn't this better then Scaeva?

One thing you're deffinaetly right is that Main Hand Crit Chance, when I switch scaeva to other hand my total global crit chance goes down from 30 to 20... That's a huge loss.

You can get spell block on jewels (easy) or corrupted shield (super expensive if you are not lucky).

Most likely he has block on gloves as a master craft. You'd have to give up something for that, usually. There's also 1% more block near marauder for 1 skill point.

That sword should be an upgrade from sacaeva. Your crit chance will go down but your dps will go up quite a bit so it may be better depending on how much you value the elemental resist penetration from ascendancy (which incidentally, would be the argument for Bino's).

Edit, by the way, I would change melee damage on full life for something else since you switched from aegis. There is not enough es protecting your life pool so overall even rthough at rest tooltip will go down, something like faster attacks, concentrated / increased AOE (most of the time) would be better.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 15, 2017, 1:57:43 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
You can get spell block on jewels (easy) or corrupted shield (super expensive if you are not lucky).

Most likely he has block on gloves as a master craft. You'd have to give up something for that, usually. There's also 1% more block near marauder for 1 skill point.

Oh I see now, he uses 4 jewel setup on passive tree not 3 like we all following your build, and + that 2% from gloves yep that makes it 75% total since I have 72 atm. Ok thank you for the explanation. I guess I could give up the bonus armor on my gloves but the question is if I will be able to get me that bonus block, you know the implicit/prefix system, i have no damn idea how it works. And also I don't see any simple way to get 4th jewel passive, I would have to drop 2x passive skill on that :( Im just 87lvl atm, I still cant reach Heartseeker nor Amplify...

"
Sovyn wrote:
That sword should be an upgrade from sacaeva. Your crit chance will go down but your dps will go up quite a bit so it may be better depending on how much you value the elemental resist penetration from ascendancy (which incidentally, would be the argument for Bino's).

So quick question for you Sovyn just to be done with this one, what would you do? Would you stick to Scaeva? Im not so smart about making my own way in builds so I just follow guys like you :D Just tell me what would you do with the surrender setup I use.

"
Sovyn wrote:
Edit, by the way, I would change melee damage on full life for something else since you switched from aegis. There is not enough es protecting your life pool so overall even rthough at rest tooltip will go down, something like faster attacks, concentrated / increased AOE (most of the time) would be better.

Honestly I have that op life leech on surrender and Im pretty much all the time at full hp, but thank you I will consider changing, but for now I have no more currency for new belly 6L and I will deffinaetly not mess with chromatics, knowing my luck i will end spending 1000+ of them ^^ Or maybe there is any other red gem I could switch?
Last edited by Shoxu on May 16, 2017, 2:21:27 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
etc

You could use two reckless defiance if you really don't like tempest shield and weant a cheap solution. The downside is that you will take more damage.

Fourth jewel isn't worth it IMO, two points is expensive. You can get 1 more block for 1 point on the tree in Mara area if needed.

The haku block mod is a suffix, so you would give up a resist for it (resists are suffixes), and the item would need 5 mods or less to begin with, at most 2 suffixes. You can find a list of prefixes and suffixes here for each item type.

Scaeva is a good endgame choice. The weapon you mentioned may be an upgrade in DPS. The only weapon I have that good is a claw, and it is 390 pdps, 6.5 crit. My DPS goes way down (like 2000 less) changing that out from Scaeva, may be because I do have the sword nodes, but I wouldn't hold my breath. So, not sure without a proper rare sword to test.

You could stick life leech on there instead of melee damage on full life. I don't think you would though.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 17, 2017, 3:26:49 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Shoxu wrote:
etc

You could use two reckless defiance if you really don't like tempest shield and weant a cheap solution. The downside is that you will take more damage.

Fourth jewel isn't worth it IMO, two points is expensive. You can get 1 more block for 1 point on the tree in Mara area if needed.

The haku block mod is a suffix, so you would give up a resist for it (resists are suffixes), and the item would need 5 mods or less to begin with, at most 2 suffixes. You can find a list of prefixes and suffixes here for each item type.

Scaeva is a good endgame choice. The weapon you mentioned may be an upgrade in DPS. The only weapon I have that good is a claw, and it is 390 pdps, 6.5 crit. My DPS goes way down (like 2000 less) changing that out from Scaeva, may be because I do have the sword nodes, but I wouldn't hold my breath. So, not sure without a proper rare sword to test.

You could stick life leech on there instead of melee damage on full life. I don't think you would though.

Hmm so I guess there is a free spot for block chance on my gloves:

I managed to sell my belly of the beast and bought a new one, switched melee damage on full life for concentrated effect and after I got lvl 88 I finally unlocked amplify passive so I lose not much from that gem but have way more damage now, thanks for all the help Sovyn.

So I will just stick to Scaeva for now, maybe if I get rich I'll try with some rares.

Here's my damage atm, still missing Heartseeker and the other 2 passives with crit :( And I just vendored hatred and herald of ash for 20% quality so starting from lvl 1 again ^^ But the damage is pretty good allready. Awesome build I really enjoy it great job Sovyn.

Btw. I tried Ice Crash but it was like 60k dps total with all buffs/golem/flasks -.- Ridiculous... I'll stick to flurry :D
Last edited by Shoxu on May 17, 2017, 11:12:13 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kohoutekkk wrote:
Hey guys. I've been browsing the thread and realityed, that I am nowhere near your dmg output with my setup, could you give me some tips on what my weak links are. I'm sitting on 100c, so pls keep that in mind while giving me tips on what to upgrade. here is my gear.

I would grab brutal blade instead of aspect of the lynx, like this. If you need the 10 INT, change a jewel or two to get it.

You can see the gloves I chose for the budget setup are more damage oriented than yours, as is the ring (I know that ring is a little bit uber... but you could get closer).

Other than that, uber lab for the attack speed ascendancy. Quality on the attack skill support gems.

It's just minor things adding up, really.

Don't forget to check the peak damage when you have all six charges up, that's what I'm showing. I know that in battle, they come and go all the time.

So I was lucky and managed to get
Spoiler

for 50c
but before that i gbought
Spoiler

and aegis. but i had very low armour, so it was not healing much. the thing is that ppl here with surrender are using dmg on full life and i dont know why. i feel like it is off half ot the time why is that? I am now also very overressisted, so my dmg is not that hight and i have low AS. but that will get better. Thanks for the reply
Last edited by Kohoutekkk on May 17, 2017, 2:21:44 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
Hmm so I guess there is a free spot for block chance on my gloves:

Nope, the gloves have three suffixes which is the limit already. (Accuracy, speed, resist)

Glad you found the right choices on your gems.
"
Kohoutekkk wrote:

Spoiler

and aegis. but i had very low armour, so it was not healing much. the thing is that ppl here with surrender are using dmg on full life and i dont know why. i feel like it is off half ot the time why is that? I am now also very overressisted, so my dmg is not that hight and i have low AS. but that will get better. Thanks for the reply

I would change that to either another blue (easier) or another green and put phys to lightning or faster attacks instead of melee damage on full life. That gem is only for aegis because your life is protected (unless you are undergoing chaos damage, of course).
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kohoutekkk wrote:

Spoiler

I would change that to either another blue (easier) or another green and put phys to lightning or faster attacks instead of melee damage on full life. That gem is only for aegis because your life is protected (unless you are undergoing chaos damage, of course).

thats what I was thinking. except I ran out of chromatics. But I got an exalt today and am thinking about getting something with different base like glorious plate
"
Kohoutekkk wrote:
thats what I was thinking. except I ran out of chromatics. But I got an exalt today and am thinking about getting something with different base like glorious plate

The one green socket recipe from vorici should knock out a three red, two blue, one green in no time. Statistically that takes 18 chromes, but orbs directly on the item averages only 14.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info