[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
helm: vengeance, stun, riposte, endurance charge on melee stun
shield, curse on hit, enfeeble (or whatever), life leech or blind
gloves, CWDT, immortal call, increased duration, tempest
boots, arctic, enlighten, hatred, HoA
weapon, blood rage (manual), whirling, fortify

Thank you! I run same exact setup atm. I found out there is no spot for golem, but honestly it gives me total of 2% more global crit chance so it's not a big lost i guess...
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Shoxu wrote:
By the way I was wondering about Abyssus, what do you think Sovyn?

Big damage boost at the cost of not being able to use blood rage and possibly dying if you meet a high physical hit when you may not have before.

I'm playing another sword+board build - and yes, after T10 you'll die to a big physical hit every now and then with abyssus. But nice damage. And no leveling past 90 or 92.

I use it for special things - like going up the fire breech to the boss where there is much fire damage, or the Atziri fight (not the ones before) where is no physical damage at all. In labyrinth
it's pure suicide.

Almosts doubles the damage under certain conditions (fast sword, no scaeva). But under a legit lightning coil for compensating the damage not for standard fighting.
Hi guys. I'm also tryn this build too. It's very nice, but i'm having a hard time on resistances and INT :(
Could you help me out with some sugestions?
Thx in advance!

Spoiler

At level 64 i'l change the shield with Surrender
Spoiler

PS: still low level at this moment (60)
"
Monolici wrote:
Hi guys. I'm also tryn this build too. It's very nice, but i'm having a hard time on resistances and INT :(
Could you help me out with some sugestions?
PS: still low level at this moment (60)

Your gear looks fine. Looks like you need 94 int most for the rainbows.

You can spend one point for 30 INT if needed, or get a jewel socket early for 1 point and get a jewel with up to 16 INT on it along with other useful properties. For example, I just grabbed these pretty cheap without shopping for long:

One cost me 5 chaos, the other was 20

Remember that jewels can also have good resists like this:

You can regret a damage node or two to fix your INT or resist situation. The optional diamond skin node may help. With your gear I am surprised you have a resists problem. It's probably just not balanced right, that is, you have too much of one and not enough of the other. The simple fix is to replace an item or two (the rares) with the correct resist. One prime candidate would be the rare ring, you don't need mana leech or added mana, those are wasted stats. Get something with life and a lot higher resists to fix your issues.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 26, 2017, 1:12:26 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

You can regret a damage node or two to fix your INT or resist situation. The optional diamond skin node may help. With your gear I am surprised you have a resists problem. It's probably just not balanced right, that is, you have too much of one and not enough of the other. The simple fix is to replace an item or two (the rares) with the correct resist. One prime candidate would be the rare ring, you don't need mana leech or added mana, those are wasted stats. Get something with life and a lot higher resists to fix your issues.

Hi, Sovyn!

Thank you very much for the help and the guide.
I made some improuvements:
Spoiler

Level 65 now :)

Resistances are ove 90 all of them in merciless (got dimond skin and sentinel). Depending on the next upgrades i will lose the diamond if i will be over 80 :)

How about chaos? I have -60 now (without previous belt)?

Any other sugestions?

Many thanks!
"
Monolici wrote:

This build does not provide chaos res.
"
Monolici wrote:

Usually just using an atziri's promise flask or two is enough to defeat any chaos encounters.
"
Shoxu wrote:
"
Monolici wrote:

This build does not provide chaos res.

Used to, but took it off as it took a lot of points to go up there and it's just a little bit anyway. Not much on the tree.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 27, 2017, 4:26:49 PM
I'm not sure if anyone asked before, but isn't it possible to get to elemental equilibrium? half of our dmg is elemental and while using phys to lightning it is even more and we get all three elements and it is 6 points away? has anyone tested it?
"
Kohoutekkk wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone asked before, but isn't it possible to get to elemental equilibrium? half of our dmg is elemental and while using phys to lightning it is even more and we get all three elements and it is 6 points away? has anyone tested it?

No point.

Dev quote for you:

"
A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.

Of course, that's for the monster, not you.

We do however penetrate very well already with Inquisitor, and, optionally, elemental weakness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info