[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi Sovyn!

Coming from a newbie (<100 hrs in as of now), this was an amazingly comprehensive and informative guide! One thing I didn't understand, though, was how you managed to achieve over 10k dps on Blade Flurry with your premium setup. I have pretty much the same gear as your premium setup minus the Bino Kitchen Knife (found that I actually got significantly lower DPS with the knife compared to the Scaeva), and I took the exact same passive tree nodes as you did but I could only achieve 4k with flasks up :( My character gear info is in my profile. I feel like with my current gear, my DPS and wave clear is really lackluster compared to a lot of the other POE builds I've seen so far but the tankiness really makes up for it.

Also, do you personally think Blade Flurry is/ will be the optimal skill gem for 2.6 and for the upcoming 3.0 for end game content like tier 10+ maps compared to melee skills like Cyclone/Ice Crash/EQ/Static Strike?
Last edited by k1mono on May 18, 2017, 10:08:53 PM
"
k1mono wrote:
Hi Sovyn!

Coming from a newbie (<100 hrs in as of now), this was an amazingly comprehensive and informative guide! One thing I didn't understand, though, was how you managed to achieve over 10k dps on Blade Flurry with your premium setup. I have pretty much the same gear as your premium setup minus the Bino Kitchen Knife (found that I actually got significantly lower DPS with the knife compared to the Scaeva), and I took the exact same passive tree nodes as you did but I could only achieve 4k with flasks up :( My character gear info is in my profile. I feel like with my current gear, my DPS and wave clear is really lackluster compared to a lot of the other POE builds I've seen so far but the tankiness really makes up for it.

Also, do you personally think Blade Flurry is/ will be the optimal skill gem for 2.6 and for the upcoming 3.0 for end game content like tier 10+ maps compared to melee skills like Cyclone/Ice Crash/EQ/Static Strike?

Don't forget to quality all of your items up to 20% with Armourer's Scraps for a nice boost.

You will find that brutal blade, fatal blade and heartseeker will give you a nice damage boost as you level. Level 76 is still less than halfway to the goal, so you are doing fine.

You should take another look at those jewels, reckless defiance is a low roll and no block on the second jewel, I would get a decent rare there instead.

Wasted points in blunt instrument and aspect of the lynx and weak attack speed node, etc. Try this far superior tree instead.

Blade flurry will be the best skill because you don't have to be within melee range to use it, so you'll die less and win more. As far as clear speed, it's somewhat of a tie between blade flurry, ice crash and earthquake, roughly in that order. The rest of the skills require too much moving around to kill packs so they are all second tier at this time.

Edit, noticed that it would be easy to improve your belt with a few blessed orb 15% to 22-24%, and also when Tora is level 8 you can reroll the weapon elemental to > 20% as well very cheaply.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 19, 2017, 1:37:05 PM
I really love the build, damage is crazy, I'm at 88lvl atm, still no Heartseeker or other 2x 25% crit chance passives but the damage is allready huge...

I would love to try Atziri but I wonder if it's possible, she use chaos dmg right? I remember I was doing Necropolis map and the boss took me down in like 2 seconds...

Btw. I tried 385 pdps mace with ice crash setup and comparing to Scaeva and passive sword nodes it was the same damage... So I guess you would have to get either a foil with 200+ dex requirement and like 400+ pdps, or a other weapon with 450+ pdps to beat Scaeva and it would cost you like 50ex or something...
Last edited by Shoxu on May 20, 2017, 12:25:04 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
I really love the build, damage is crazy, I'm at 88lvl atm, still no Heartseeker or other 2x 25% crit chance passives but the damage is allready huge...

I would love to try Atziri but I wonder if it's possible, she use chaos dmg right? I remember I was doing Necropolis map and the boss took me down in like 2 seconds...

Btw. I tried 385 pdps mace with ice crash setup and comparing to Scaeva and passive sword nodes it was the same damage... So I guess you would have to get either a foil with 200+ dex requirement and like 400+ pdps, or a other weapon with 450+ pdps to beat Scaeva and it would cost you like 50ex or something...

Well, the sword cluster is pretty huge, so that was a factor in your test. But yes, due to the 60% crit chance in main hand and maybe some multiplier too, it would take a very nice rare sword to beat scaeva. Since the best scaeva rolls are like 290 pdps and 6.2 crit, you would need I would guess, 380 pdps and 6.2+ crit in a rare sword to best it. Not much point, IMO, since a rare like that is like 150 times the price of a good scaeva (10-20 ex range).

Atziri is a snap if you do it right. The trio before Atziri has some chaos damage. When the cyclone guy does his spin, the ground near him has a chaos damage effect, easy to move out of it or just pop atziri's promise and kill it. Atziri herself has no chos damage as far as I know, just the flameblast which you'll need to learn to dodge with whirling blades by moving to the room edge when you see the flame circle starting to get bigger (indicating an explosion is coming). Once you do, she goes down fast and easy with this build.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Well, the sword cluster is pretty huge, so that was a factor in your test. But yes, due to the 60% crit chance in main hand and maybe some multiplier too, it would take a very nice rare sword to beat scaeva. Since the best scaeva rolls are like 290 pdps and 6.2 crit, you would need I would guess, 380 pdps and 6.2+ crit in a rare sword to best it. Not much point, IMO, since a rare like that is like 150 times the price of a good scaeva (10-20 ex range).

Atziri is a snap if you do it right. The trio before Atziri has some chaos damage. When the cyclone guy does his spin, the ground near him has a chaos damage effect, easy to move out of it or just pop atziri's promise and kill it. Atziri herself has no chos damage as far as I know, just the flameblast which you'll need to learn to dodge with whirling blades by moving to the room edge when you see the flame circle starting to get bigger (indicating an explosion is coming). Once you do, she goes down fast and easy with this build.

It's not just 60%, I have almost 80% on my Scaeva (total of 104%) so it's a huge loss...

I'm just gonna stick to that Scaeva for now, I was trying other options cause of the low 1.3 speed. But when I tried other 6L (cheap one) chest just to switch concentrated effect for 50% faster attacks it really changed nothing... Speed went from 4.44 to 5.03 but I couldn't see any difference other then numeric one... So as you said many times before, Scaeva is propably best thing you can have. (especially that cheap, I paid for the new one 3c wich is ridiculous price cause this sword is really like 380 pdps).

What about Uber Atziri, did you manage to beat her? Or anyone who follow this build guys? I'm still low level honestly, If I could atleast get that Heartseeker allready but it takes ages now, like 50x t10+ maps for 1 lvl...
Last edited by Shoxu on May 21, 2017, 6:40:48 AM
"
Shoxu wrote:
What about Uber Atziri, did you manage to beat her? Or anyone who follow this build guys? I'm still low level honestly, If I could atleast get that Heartseeker allready but it takes ages now, like 50x t10+ maps for 1 lvl...

I didn't try uber, but should be doable as the mechanics are basically the same.

They slowed down experience progression several times so it does take ungodly amount of maps now, but at least they added some higher tiers.
By the way I was wondering about Abyssus, what do you think Sovyn?
"
Shoxu wrote:
By the way I was wondering about Abyssus, what do you think Sovyn?

Big damage boost at the cost of not being able to use blood rage and possibly dying if you meet a high physical hit when you may not have before.
Hmm, what do you mean with Blood Rage, we don't use it anyway in this build right?

And by the way, I have no idea what to do with the shield sockets... I figured out that this life leech/mana leech setup is kinda useless...

Could you help me a bit and tell me what should I use here? Also I'm not sure what to do with this golem, where should I put him since I spawn him myself, cause cast when damage taken could only support him at low level...

Spoiler

Here is my full gem setup, maybe you could tell me what should I change. Btw. I have lot of chroms so dont worry about the colors just tell me what should I do, if I should stay with this setup or maybe go for something else.
Last edited by Shoxu on May 23, 2017, 9:04:42 AM
"
Shoxu wrote:
Hmm, what do you mean with Blood Rage, we don't use it anyway in this build right?

Here is my full gem setup, maybe you could tell me what should I change. Btw. I have lot of chroms so dont worry about the colors just tell me what should I do, if I should stay with this setup or maybe go for something else.

The build uses blood rage except with aegis (as the ES would be drained). See the budget setup as an example. Blood rage provides a lot of damage. You can skip it, if you don't want to be bothered with removing it for low regen maps.

For surrender, you can use it for the curse on hit setup (CoH, curse, life leech or blind). You won't get your curse applied anywhere near as often with CWDT.

This is the closest to the setup I use since I have a different shield and don't use enlighten:

helm: vengeance, stun, riposte, endurance charge on melee stun
shield, curse on hit, enfeeble (or whatever), life leech or blind
gloves, CWDT, immortal call, increased duration, tempest
boots, arctic, enlighten, hatred, HoA
weapon, blood rage (manual), whirling, fortify

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info