[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Shoxu wrote:
"
jackal917 wrote:
Character is super tanky so I usually just stand in 1 place and trade blows with whatever I fight.

Ehh, would love to be as tanky as you, I die from 1 izaro hit... I have no idea how i managed to finish uber lab after my 1st attempt, now 6 times in row I die in 3rd trial... Cant survive his hit... Maybe it's character level I dont know, im 87 atm.

You'll notice he has the surrender with blind, life leech and life gain on hit. That's a pretty good idea. Also, arctic armour with enlighten which definitely can't hurt if one can also sustain enough mana.

Also, with a weapon like that, fights are over very quickly.

For most folks, including me, just watch for Izaro's windup and don't be there when it lands. Pretty much the same for most recent encounters, Atziri, Malachai, etc.

Use blade flurry and attack from range for additional safety.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 11, 2017, 2:05:58 PM
Damn I just spend my 45 points, after not playing for 2 years, on the LVL 100 Breach SC - CI PURE ELE BLADEFLURRY INQUISITOR and I regret it now considering the gear I already have...bah.
I should have just done this build.
"
Udonitron wrote:
Damn I just spend my 45 points, after not playing for 2 years, on the LVL 100 Breach SC - CI PURE ELE BLADEFLURRY INQUISITOR and I regret it now considering the gear I already have...bah.
I should have just done this build.

Well, it would only take a few hours to level up another templar into the 40s and compare the two. Pretty sure this build would win. Best of luck, whatever you decide.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Shoxu wrote:
"
jackal917 wrote:
Character is super tanky so I usually just stand in 1 place and trade blows with whatever I fight.

Ehh, would love to be as tanky as you, I die from 1 izaro hit... I have no idea how i managed to finish uber lab after my 1st attempt, now 6 times in row I die in 3rd trial... Cant survive his hit... Maybe it's character level I dont know, im 87 atm.

You'll notice he has the surrender with blind, life leech and life gain on hit. That's a pretty good idea. Also, arctic armour with enlighten which definitely can't hurt if one can also sustain enough mana.

Also, with a weapon like that, fights are over very quickly.

For most folks, including me, just watch for Izaro's windup and don't be there when it lands. Pretty much the same for most recent encounters, Atziri, Malachai, etc.

Use blade flurry and attack from range for additional safety.

I still dodge most of the wind up hits like Izaro with shield charge, usually not worth risking taking the hit. I decided to try the Enlighten setup and life leech and life gain on hit because I was having trouble surviving boss fights. The life gain helps as I regen around 300 life a second. So a block and running around a bit can put me back in the fight. I have low chaos resist, so chaos damage is something I always have to watch out for. I worry more about the snake adds during the Chimera fight than Chimera.
Hey guys. I've been browsing the thread and realityed, that I am nowhere near your dmg output with my setup, could you give me some tips on what my weak links are. I'm sitting on 100c, so pls keep that in mind while giving me tips on what to upgrade. here is my gear.
Spoiler

my dmg per tick with both flasks popped is 5.2k and attack speed is 3.92 a/s with blade flurry.
my tree looks like this atm.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAADuApYEsQSzBS0GIAY5BqIJMwthDPcNzRQgFSAX3BhdGbQaPhuXG60cziP2JP0oKipNK1As6S2DLlMvzDB8Mk41kjwFPC087z0PPeI_J0CgR35I7krITZJPBFBHUUdRYF8_YuxlTWebaPJuqnSgdO14rnk5eu97FH7ig1-DzITZhO-Gs4rki0-NfZJul3mb7Jx7ogCjiqmVrK-uPq9sr6exs7Xytoq3PrxWvTa-p8BmwL_BgsT2xq7RNtJ802_TftRS2L3aweIs5FHnVO1h7w7vevAf8i_zBvaj-6r-Cv5U_94=
And I dont have uber lab nodes, because I don't have all trials.

mz block is 69 and 63 without tempest shield and i have max resistances actualy even too high (75c 76l 81f)

Thank you for any tips

Last edited by Kohoutekkk on May 12, 2017, 11:08:53 AM
"
Kohoutekkk wrote:
Hey guys. I've been browsing the thread and realityed, that I am nowhere near your dmg output with my setup, could you give me some tips on what my weak links are. I'm sitting on 100c, so pls keep that in mind while giving me tips on what to upgrade. here is my gear.

I would grab brutal blade instead of aspect of the lynx, like this. If you need the 10 INT, change a jewel or two to get it.

You can see the gloves I chose for the budget setup are more damage oriented than yours, as is the ring (I know that ring is a little bit uber... but you could get closer).

Other than that, uber lab for the attack speed ascendancy. Quality on the attack skill support gems.

It's just minor things adding up, really.

Don't forget to check the peak damage when you have all six charges up, that's what I'm showing. I know that in battle, they come and go all the time.
I just realized that you are actually using Bino's not Scaeva... So should I use Bino's or Scaeva I'm confused now...

Also I just got the chest but white... and it's so damn hard to get a nice roll ehh... What should I do, keep going with alc/scour? Maybe some essences?
Last edited by Shoxu on May 12, 2017, 5:06:06 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
I just realized that you are actually using Bino's not Scaeva... So should I use Bino's or Scaeva I'm confused now...

Also I just got the chest but white... and it's so damn hard to get a nice roll ehh... What should I do, keep going with alc/scour? Maybe some essences?

Right now I am using the scaeva with the optional sword nodes.

I would chaos that until you get a nice life roll and call it a day. If you can master craft an extra resist or ar/es, great. I don't know anything about essences.

Here's what I got after 30c ehh... Im gonna keep it for now.

Would be awesome if you update first two posts, with your current setup, current skill tree, maybe some videos. This build is really great, would be cool if you keep updating it :)

"
jackal917 wrote:
At lvl 94 and i've killed all the Guardians at this point several times. Can usually pull it off without dying depending on the map mods. I went with Earthquake over blade flurry and also run the same Enlighten setup.

Spoiler

Character is super tanky so I usually just stand in 1 place and trade blows with whatever I fight. I think its a testament to this build that it can be built in several different ways.

By the way is this setup good? Is it something that I could follow if I get some more currency? Would you support it Sovyn?
Last edited by Shoxu on May 13, 2017, 9:36:43 AM
"
Shoxu wrote:

Here's what I got after 30c ehh... Im gonna keep it for now.

Would be awesome if you update first two posts, with your current setup, current skill tree, maybe some videos. This build is really great, would be cool if you keep updating it :)

By the way is this setup good? Is it something that I could follow if I get some more currency? Would you support it Sovyn?

I want to keep the sword nodes optional so as to encourage people to be able to use any skill they like. So the standard tree will remain weapon type agnostic.

Bino's is fine, I intended to just give an example rather than something set in stone.

That setup is good, I mention all the various parts of that in the guide somewhere already.

Yes, it may be a bit of an upgrade for you. Try it and see.

I'd still stay with blade flurry though.

By the way you should master craft ar + es not just ar on the chest. Easy to fix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info