[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Shoxu wrote:
I have no idea how did you get this speed...

You are looking at your default attack. Try blade flurry instead.

Also, did you do uber lab yet? That's 20% attack speed.

How about berserking? That's another chunk.

Omg I'm such an idiot ^^...

Well everything is clear now, I guess now I gotta work on damage, not the speed :D
Last edited by Shoxu on May 7, 2017, 6:01:06 PM
Hi Sovyn,

Thanks for the guide, it's been very helpful. Not just the build itself but also the information explaining certain mechanics. I got lucky with an Ancient Reliquary key and acquired a Legacy Aegis. Looked to find a build based around it and came across yours.

Reached level 92 and killed corrupted rare Chimera and Minotaur. I've also easily done full key Uber Lab runs with the build. I'm yet to try Shaper/Uber Atziri and the rest of the Guardians.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
http://poeurl.com/biZ0

Dropped tempest shield as I had already reached max block on tree/gear and the DPS from it seemed negligible.

I've ran an Enlighten setup with Arctic Armour as was talked about in the FAQ of your guide. I found an affordable level 3 Enlighten with 3 auras/buffs was enough to sustain skills without needing to buy the more expensive level 4 Enlighten. I tried Herald of Ice instead of Arctic armour but it didn't seem worth it in comparison. For faster clearing I guess running Herald of Ice instead would be optimal.

Put Summon Ice Golem onto a socketed ring. I think the increase in DPS is worth the implicit though I've not done exact calculations. Perhaps a Steel Ring may be better.

Switched out Elemental Weakness for Enfeeble in T16+ boss fights. I think it helps massively with preventing damage spikes and one-shots during non-blocks allowing you to replenish ES in-between with Aegis.

Max level Elemental Weakness/Enfeeble required a lot of Intelligence which I got on gear. Not sure if it was worth it or perhaps it would be better to keep them at low level and get more useful stats on gear.

Found bleed and DoT a problem (lacking chaos resistance on gear). I switched the anti-bleed flask onto the granite flask so as to be more proactive in preventing bleed rather than reacting with a anti-bleed health flask.

Anti-freeze on the health flask to counter freeze on strongboxes. I got Surgeon's prefix instead of instant on health flask as I found it countered DoT more easily (in combination with leech) and helped stay on full life more efficiently for the Melee Damage on Full Life Support. It also helps with sustaining life during bosses where you're less likely to be refilling flasks with kills.

Went with the extra jewel node on the tree near the Heartseeker cluster as I don't have enough passive skill points to fully complete the Disembowelling cluster on the far left of the tree.

Gone with Whirling Blades instead of Shield Charge as the primary movement skill. I've found it was more responsive in quick changes of position and less likely to get stuck on things like Shield Charge does.

Found leech enchants on boots useful but also the Commandment of Fury enchant on gloves. It helps with clearing and has high tooltip DPS (I think because it uses and converts physical attack damage and benefits from Hatred and Herald of Ash). As it's attack on hit I think it fits in with the Lazy Pally theme.

On around 5k life with 1.2k ES, 75 block, 73 spell-block. Blade flurry hideout DPS at 15k buffed (without power charges).

Do you have any feedback on my current setup and how it can be improved? Also, is there any merit to getting corrupted implicits on Scaeva like Culling Strike or +2 Weapon Range? Thanks again for your help!
Last edited by smokeeeeeeeee on May 8, 2017, 11:49:26 AM
"
smokeeeeeeeee wrote:
Do you have any feedback on my current setup and how it can be improved? Also, is there any merit to getting corrupted implicits on Scaeva like Culling Strike or +2 Weapon Range? Thanks again for your help!

Good job gearing the build and providing detailed feedback.

Yes, I agree with whirling blades, used it a bunch myself, especially for Arziri. Shield charge just seems more themeatic.

Switching curses out situationally was my intent in the guide, so, good. However, leveling them up and requiring more INT, not sure if that's worth it. The helmet and ring are not bad though.

I would think that disemboweling would be better than berserking and the 2 point jewel socket and the 30 INT node (delevel curse gems with the recipe)... Or, make the move and get the notable next level.

I think that the 40% accuracy implicit would give you a lot of DPS, I probably wouldn't corrupt the weapon. Weapon range is only useful for one skill, Cyclone, which incidentally is getting improved soon for better pathing, but blade flurry will still be superior for range.
At lvl 94 and i've killed all the Guardians at this point several times. Can usually pull it off without dying depending on the map mods. I went with Earthquake over blade flurry and also run the same Enlighten setup.

Spoiler

Character is super tanky so I usually just stand in 1 place and trade blows with whatever I fight. I think its a testament to this build that it can be built in several different ways.
"
jackal917 wrote:
At lvl 94 and i've killed all the Guardians at this point several times. Can usually pull it off without dying depending on the map mods. I went with Earthquake over blade flurry and also run the same Enlighten setup.

Character is super tanky so I usually just stand in 1 place and trade blows with whatever I fight. I think its a testament to this build that it can be built in several different ways.

Thanks for posting. Nice demo of nearly ideal items. Not sure if the rainbowstrides could be improved, I usually just look for 25% spell block.
What would you change for a Mjolner arc addition to this? With Lightning based support gems.
Would Sunder with multistrike be better then the mace based skills you have listed?
Last edited by Soulcrie on May 11, 2017, 7:00:18 AM
Mainly interested in talent tree changes, not quite sure what to add or subtract yet still keep the integrity of the build in tact.
"
jackal917 wrote:
Character is super tanky so I usually just stand in 1 place and trade blows with whatever I fight.

Ehh, would love to be as tanky as you, I die from 1 izaro hit... I have no idea how i managed to finish uber lab after my 1st attempt, now 6 times in row I die in 3rd trial... Cant survive his hit... Maybe it's character level I dont know, im 87 atm.
Last edited by Shoxu on May 11, 2017, 1:20:33 PM
"
Soulcrie wrote:
What would you change for a Mjolner arc addition to this? With Lightning based support gems.
Would Sunder with multistrike be better then the mace based skills you have listed?

Last time I tested sunder it was terrible at killing bosses. We don't have room for two skills.

As far as Mjolner, I think that you would need the shadow crit nodes to do much with it, which we can't get. For us, earthquake, blade flurry (not a mace skill) and ice crash are were it's at.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info