[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Yes I agree with you.

Although considering BoR is also always a good option IMO. Especially for physical damage defense, you pretty much blind everything almost instantly with it.

The only thing with the belly is that I think it will take me forever to get it all red socketed.

"
Sparkl wrote:
The only thing with the belly is that I think it will take me forever to get it all red socketed.

Luckily since belly is such a low level item it takes only 92 chromes on average to get all red sockets on it.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Maybe I'll look into doing that. I might have to reconfigure my resists a bit, since Belly of the Beast gives a bit of all-resist, and I'm just barely maxed in all categories. I'll lose a lot of life though of course.

With a 6-link, have you found it necessary to have a second piece of mana leech in addition to Romira's? With a 5-link I haven't needed it.

Hard choice for you as Belly gives you hundreds more life than a 50 life chest would. Basically all you get with the 6-link chest is more DPS (unless you are not using Fortify there now, then the 6th link would be a defensive boost overall if you now feel OK with putting Fortify on your main link).

Yes, 0.4 mana leech is not quite enough with a 6-link but you can try it. It won't be terrible, especially on large groups of monsters. Added Fire instead of Faster Attacks. Maybe with a slow mana flask if you don't mind working it. Or Poacher's/Warlord's for the curse.

Maybe some day I'll get 1500 fusings and 6-link Belly of the Beast. Hard to imagine doing that much grinding though, haha.
I went with luck on mine... Took me 24 fusings.

RNG stuff man.
Finally got my gear set up.

The only thing that is beyond me is how you managed to climb up to 52k dps on static strike.

I am still below the dps of what I have with BoR, currently sitting at around 20k dps.

Whats the problem? Sovyn to the rescue!:P

P.S.: I know, the skill gems arent 20 yet, Im waiting for that. But this alone cant be the reason fur such a difference in dps?

I know that your doryanis has a bit more dmg aswell.

Edit: On the other hand, I am now happily sitting at a healthy 4.4k HP thanks to that belly.
Last edited by Sparkl on Oct 18, 2015, 8:13:35 AM
"
Sparkl wrote:
I went with luck on mine... Took me 24 fusings.

RNG stuff man.

I did about 100 a while back on something else, but no luck. It was only a 1/15 chance for me to get it, I guess. But I don't really want to roll them on the Belly because I'm using it and I don't want to have to 5-link it again. I have a second Belly but it has worse rolls. I dunno.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Oct 18, 2015, 9:27:48 AM
"
Sparkl wrote:

The only thing that is beyond me is how you managed to climb up to 52k dps on static strike.

I am still below the dps of what I have with BoR, currently sitting at around 20k dps.

P.S.: I know, the skill gems arent 20 yet, Im waiting for that. But this alone cant be the reason fur such a difference in dps?

Edit: On the other hand, I am now happily sitting at a healthy 4.4k HP thanks to that belly.

I think one thing is that he's level 95, so he has 14 more passive points than you, right?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:

I think one thing is that he's level 95, so he has 14 more passive points than you, right?

I dont know man. Sure he is higher level, but also tested the dps of static strike while his gem was on lvl 12 apparently.

Nevertheless, lvl 82 now and agressively dedicating points into crit nodes. We'll see where this goes.

BTW: What about lightning strike? As far as I see, the base damage of the skill gets higher, but not sure about the lightning projectiles, as compared to static strike.

Edit: Nevermind, tested LS myself. The projectile dmg output sucks compared to SS.
Last edited by Sparkl on Oct 18, 2015, 10:03:00 AM
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Maybe some day I'll get 1500 fusings and 6-link Belly of the Beast. Hard to imagine doing that much grinding though, haha.

1500 fuse is worth something like 34 ex whereas a 6-link belly on standard is only 18ex. As usual in PoE it's much cheaper to buy than to craft.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I have a second Belly but it has worse rolls. I dunno.

Not a big deal if you want to try and craft it you can and if it 6-links just use a few divines to fix the rolls. As I said though it's usually cheaper to just save up and buy the final item outright.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info