[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sparkl wrote:
Sovyn...What can I say. You have outdone yourself once more.

I have already written about this build in this thread before (2 years ago) and it still works as good as ever! If not even better, especially dps wise.

My gear is not exactly "beginner" friendly yet I would say that its much easier to obtain BoR (even legacy) rather then a full blown 6l chest.

Welcome back Sparkl! Always great to hear from an old timer. :)

I have to add though that anyone with level 8 Vorici (or a friend or find a master service on the forums) can buy an armour type 6-link corrupted rare chest and roll it with the one red recipe and get their 6-link for 1ex (best deal) on standard. So a 6-link chest is a very affordable option now on standard.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:
Sovyn...What can I say. You have outdone yourself once more.

I have already written about this build in this thread before (2 years ago) and it still works as good as ever! If not even better, especially dps wise.

My gear is not exactly "beginner" friendly yet I would say that its much easier to obtain BoR (even legacy) rather then a full blown 6l chest.

Welcome back Sparkl! Always great to hear from an old timer. :)

I have to add though that anyone with level 8 Vorici (or a friend or find a master service on the forums) can buy an armour type 6-link corrupted rare chest and roll it with the one red recipe and get their 6-link for 1ex (best deal) on standard. So a 6-link chest is a very affordable option now on standard.

What does the "one red" recipe do? Does it let you re-roll the stats on the chest?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
What does the "one red" recipe do? Does it let you re-roll the stats on the chest?

If you are level 8 master you can re-roll the socket colors on corrupted items, saving you tons of ex because folks let that stuff go cheap. The trick is to know what the easy re-rolls are so you don't waste lots of vaal orbs. Shop smart.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vorici,_Master_Assassin

http://exar.ch/files/chromaticorbs.html
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

If you are level 8 master you can re-roll the socket colors on corrupted items, saving you tons of ex because folks let that stuff go cheap. The trick is to know what the easy re-rolls are so you don't waste lots of vaal orbs. Shop smart.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vorici,_Master_Assassin

http://exar.ch/files/chromaticorbs.html

Ah, but you'd have to find a corrupted one for sale that has stats you want, or else it wouldn't be very different from using a Tabula Rasa, right?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Ah, but you'd have to find a corrupted one for sale that has stats you want, or else it wouldn't be very different from using a Tabula Rasa, right?

It's much better than a tabula as there are always cheap 6-link corrupted chests with 50 life and a resist and like 500 armour or something. Not as good as the top end stuff but very nice.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

It's much better than a tabula as there are always cheap 6-link corrupted chests with 50 life and a resist and like 500 armour or something. Not as good as the top end stuff but very nice.

Maybe I'll look into doing that. I might have to reconfigure my resists a bit, since Belly of the Beast gives a bit of all-resist, and I'm just barely maxed in all categories. I'll lose a lot of life though of course.

With a 6-link, have you found it necessary to have a second piece of mana leech in addition to Romira's? With a 5-link I haven't needed it.
Ok after some additional testing...

BoR really does a good job and stands very very well. Especially for its price.

I have now switched to 6l though. I feel that now I have more freedom to switch rings and other gear around.

My gear atm:

Spoiler

Suma summarum : BoR is an excellent choice for all those "begginers getting rich" type of guys. :)

Especially that block it gives.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

Maybe I'll look into doing that. I might have to reconfigure my resists a bit, since Belly of the Beast gives a bit of all-resist, and I'm just barely maxed in all categories. I'll lose a lot of life though of course.

With a 6-link, have you found it necessary to have a second piece of mana leech in addition to Romira's? With a 5-link I haven't needed it.

Mana leech is pretty much necesarry to have. 6l eats mana for breakfast.
"
Kamina100 wrote:

Hard choice for you as Belly gives you hundreds more life than a 50 life chest would. Basically all you get with the 6-link chest is more DPS (unless you are not using Fortify there now, then the 6th link would be a defensive boost overall if you now feel OK with putting Fortify on your main link).

Yes, 0.4 mana leech is not quite enough with a 6-link but you can try it. It won't be terrible, especially on large groups of monsters. Added Fire instead of Faster Attacks. Maybe with a slow mana flask if you don't mind working it. Or Poacher's/Warlord's for the curse.
"
Sparkl wrote:
Ok after some additional testing...

BoR really does a good job and stands very very well. Especially for its price.

I have now switched to 6l though. I feel that now I have more freedom to switch rings and other gear around.

My gear atm:

Suma summarum : BoR is an excellent choice for all those "begginers getting rich" type of guys. :)

Especially that block it gives.

Thanks for the update Sparkl!

As I've been mentioning there are 6-link chests for not much more than the cost of an ordinary low-rolled BoR even, certainly on standard, for those that want the additional flexibility you mention but on a budget. A 6-link belly is quite high end. There are options in between.

The only challenge can be finding the sellers online which tends to be the problem with buying rares in general. Uniques are always plentiful.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 17, 2015, 10:22:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info