[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Xelnarox wrote:
How fun is this build? I'm worried I'd find it too easy to enjoy.

The build is enjoyed by many that prefer an easy to play melee build. If you enjoyed "weaving" many skills in an MMORPG for example this may not appeal to you. If, like me, you don't care for a ton of skills and buttons to worry about, it's great. The build is also good for folks new to path of exile as it can get into maps with minimal investment (for a melee build that is) so they can skip the trading game for the most part.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:
I've been looking at the meginord girdle for a while myself. Its just that doryanis invitation gives so much ele res its difficult to say goodbye to it...

In my testing a long time ago, I recall that a good rare rustic sash is better than meginord (legacy even). It is harder to get, as with any good rare, but it can have resists too.

My rares look like this, selffound:

There are better but Strenght + Life is a good stat, especially when you are using many uniques on other slots.
Best for melee would be a strength + life + res + weapon damage one like the first only with better resists.

You can get easy a healthy bit of chaos resi on a rare girdle, too. Half of my deads the last time have been to chaos damage.
Heh, I was pretty lucky yesteday with a nice ring drop

It would need at least mana leech to be a really good option but man... It sure looks a pity to sell. So I'm using it at the moment and its working out just fine. I dropped some mana leech gauntlets today so gonna try how this works out.

Im now lvl 86 and farming lvl 75 maps with ease. With the exception of torture chamber which is just ridiculous.

Highest tier I tried was rare tier 9. No problems at all, boss was a piece of cake. :)
"
Llyrain wrote:
My rares look like this, selffound:

Nice for self-found. I'd probably go for that first one, of course the resists are nice on the other one so maybe swap for chaos bosses. Belts can have armour too but I know it's hard to get perfect stuff self-found. :)
I don't really believe that 300 armor makes such a big difference so I would probably personally always go for life + resist first, then added dmg.
"
Sparkl wrote:
I don't really believe that 300 armor makes such a big difference so I would probably personally always go for life + resist first, then added dmg.

Absolutely but the perfect belt would have armour too. :) Unattainable for most perhaps.
Oh Sovyn, one last question (at least for now lol):

How would you do the build around aegis aurora? I like at least the looks much more than lioneyes, but I seem to be much tankier with lioneye's than aegis.

I even tried determination, which raised my armour to 6.5k, and the ES leech was awesome but I still think I'm way squishier.

Does aegis even work with this build?
"
Sparkl wrote:

Yes just as well as it does with any other build pretty much. You can load up on es/armour/life hybrid gear if you want but that is costly. Armour nodes on the tree, meh. You can get to 10K easy with Aegis which is enough. Maybe use granite flask too. I opted for lioneyes for more armour, more life, cheaper cost which enabled me to get spell block there too. Also no problems with legacy stigma.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sparkl wrote:

Yes just as well as it does with any other build pretty much. You can load up on es/armour/life hybrid gear if you want but that is costly. Armour nodes on the tree, meh. You can get to 10K easy with Aegis which is enough. Maybe use granite flask too. I opted for lioneyes for more armour, more life, cheaper cost which enabled me to get spell block there too. Also no problems with legacy stigma.

What armor and ES should I be aiming for (a decent value) ?

Also, should I switch to determination or not?

Edit:

Atm with aegis I have:

4.3k armor (6.3k with determination)
808ES

HP 4002 with aegis (I know, it's low, but still didn't unlock the chaos + HP nodes (went for dps first).
Last edited by Sparkl on Oct 22, 2015, 7:35:54 PM
"
Sparkl wrote:
4.3k armor (6.3k with determination)
808ES

ES is fine but that armour is low, I would think 8K would be easy to get. I recall others using Aegis with my build about 8-10K armour. Determination is not good because you need hatred there instead.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 22, 2015, 8:23:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info