[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Was gonna try to run this build as a Duelist.

I'm a bit of a new player and so far haven't grasped building a character, so I'm a little confused on how to tailor this for Duelist.

Could you elaborate a bit more about the "Elemental Damge" nodes I'm supposed to unspec? I looked in the skilltree and the ones I found at the start of the Templar section aren't even in use.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Guys,
I am playing the Lazy Pally and have been doing well so far.
The only problem now is my lack of DPS (only 5L + Blood Magic).

I wanted to ask, when the best point of removing resolute technique
and moving towards crit starts. I am at level 86 right now.

My hope was that due to this the dps would be higher, but I am not sure
when exactly to switch. I already have the doryani's btw.
Thanks guys!
"
Was gonna try to run this build as a Duelist.

I'm a bit of a new player and so far haven't grasped building a character, so I'm a little confused on how to tailor this for Duelist.

Could you elaborate a bit more about the "Elemental Damge" nodes I'm supposed to unspec? I looked in the skilltree and the ones I found at the start of the Templar section aren't even in use.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Finetic, I'm not quite sure what you mean about elemental damage nodes, only thing I can say is they are generally not as good as the physical damage nodes for this build. I don't take any except Galvanic Hammer at very very high level which is good but only because it has a lot more going for it than ele damage.

As a duelist you want the shortest path to connect into the normal build, so this...

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBmy34ocKOGbQ=

.. Then it's all exactly the same as possible, head to resolute technique first then try to follow the general ideas in the progression builds.

"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:
Hey Guys,
I am playing the Lazy Pally and have been doing well so far.
The only problem now is my lack of DPS (only 5L + Blood Magic).

I wanted to ask, when the best point of removing resolute technique
and moving towards crit starts. I am at level 86 right now.

My hope was that due to this the dps would be higher, but I am not sure
when exactly to switch. I already have the doryani's btw.
Thanks guys!

That's about the right time to to head into crit RaveHeart but your DPS probably won't go up much if any at first... that's the way forward from where you are though. Might be actually highest yield to get a couple pieces with mana leech on 'em and lose the BM gem.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Hi Finetic, I'm not quite sure what you mean about elemental damage nodes, only thing I can say is they are generally not as good as the physical damage nodes for this build. I don't take any except Galvanic Hammer at very very high level which is good but only because it has a lot more going for it than ele damage.

As a duelist you want the shortest path to connect into the normal build, so this...

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBmy34ocKOGbQ=

.. Then it's all exactly the same as possible, head to resolute technique first then try to follow the general ideas in the progression builds.

Thanks for the clarification, that's exactly what I ended up doing. I was mainly referring to the FAQ in the OP that mentioned removing an Elemental Damage node and 2 Intelligence nodes from the build's finished tree in the Templar area if playing a different class, though I may have misunderstood it.

Also, I should eventually spec out of the 4 nodes I take at the beginning (Attack Speed/Accuracy and 3 Dexterity), yes?
Last edited by Drewsheng on Nov 4, 2015, 5:05:33 PM
"
Thanks for the clarification, that's exactly what I ended up doing. I was mainly referring to the FAQ in the OP that mentioned removing an Elemental Damage node and 2 Intelligence nodes from the build's finished tree in the Templar area if playing a different class, though I may have misunderstood it.

Also, I should eventually spec out of the 4 nodes I take at the beginning (Attack Speed/Accuracy and 3 Dexterity), yes?

It's likely that mention in the FAQ still refers to an old version of the build, a minor error that I should take a look at. :)

No, you will need to keep the accuracy and dex nodes if you are a duelist. That's how you connect to the build skill tree and the path has to remain continuous. You will get a little DPS from it at least and it will help you equip claws and stuff like that earlier on. The Templar start does not take anything really useful for three nodes as well, so it's roughly the same.
Just thought I'd mention that this build will be updated in time for Content Update 2.1.0 on December 11th.
Just for fun, here is a new video I made today showing a Cast on Crit variation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap3a4gws-Gc

Here are the gems, note they are not leveled all the way:

Fun but overall a little bit slower clearing than the usual melee skills like Static Strike. Enjoy.
In the above I forgot to mention the skill tree and the items are all the same as in the guide just changed out the gems in the chest (Tabula). Just showing how flexible the build is regarding attack skill choices. :)
Hi Sovyn and people, any comments on the new ascendency classes?

Seems like duelist has the blocks and fortify and what-not. I hope the templar classes have defensive nodes (the revealed templar one has notable damage penetrations and lots of elemnental damage).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info