[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Couple of questions:

1. What gems should I focus on leveling to 20% quality first?
2. I was thinking of getting 1 Jewel with accuracy or mana regin? (see more of question 3 for location)
3. I'm currently at 88% accuracy, but I would like to be close to 95%. My plan of attack is specing into Galvanic hammer, accuracy and reduce mana, Versatility and the empty Jewel socket (with a accuracy Jewel) across from Golem's blood, but before I become to invested in this I would like to hear your recommendation?
4. Replacing the prismatic ring with a GG dimond ring? (but only close to end game I.E lv 90+)
"
Buiaka wrote:
Hey Sovyn, what's your opinion with rumi's concotion?
Say if you could keep up enough momentum/spec into passives that helps with flask charges so you have almodt 100% uptime with the flask.

That way we can stay at 45-55% block and once we use the flask we will stay at max spell block too.
Doing this we can unspecc some of the block nodes for some increased life/dps.
Or even go another shield instead for a 30% block one or maybe even dw? Of course this would nerf the armor, but maybe u could spec more endurance charges to make up for it? Imagine dw doryanis + soul taker. The dream?
Whats ur thoughts on this?

Hi Buiaka,

I know most "max block" builds use Rumi's to achieve that and it may theoretically have 100% uptime but it practice it doesn't because of the weak link, the user (speaking for myself of course). I barely bother with Atziri's Promise and that's a huge DPS difference, I can't imagine adding a second "must hit every x seconds" flask. The shield nodes add a ton of physical mitigation (armour) and a ton of damage too. All of that would have to be compensated for so I don't see the flask route being 'cheaper' on the tree really.

Pretty hard to max block with DW there is only 25% on the tree within reason and that's a stretch, and you lose the shield's big chunk on top of that problem.
Someone messaged me about my gear selection for Aegis Aurora setup. My setup definitely requires some currency, but here you go.

Spoiler

I've gone back and forth on The Taming and whether I should switch to a well rolled diamond crit ring.

My four jewels are 1% spell block + other things so I can get to 75% max block & 60% spell block. Two of them have >0.3% mana leech so I can get around 1% mana leech total to sustain static strike.

Gameplay is just shield charge in and static strike. I will occasionally back out for certain mechanics or mods. Phys reflect is barely noticeable. Ele reflect you have to go a bit slower.

I like the Aegis Aurora setup as long as you can get enough ES. I feel like it's a safe warning buffer so when your hp dips below half - you better pot and get out for a few seconds. 90% of the time I can just stand around and let everything kill itself if I wanted to. It's somewhat fun to watch other uber dps builds die to difficult mods until they ragequit =).

These screenshots are just standing in act 4 with auras on, and no other dps/defense boosts. I try to keep granite up at all times when actually clearing mobs.

Defense:
Spoiler

Offense:
Spoiler
IGN: Arcsist
Last edited by phildo on Aug 5, 2015, 12:04:04 AM
"
splinterboard wrote:
Thanks for this build.
Playing a Templar at level 26 Hard Core, solo and no problem for now, having fun.

Great! Welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask here. I do suggest completing the game first in standard league to learn the many 'gotchas' that Path of Exile has. Practice makes perfect!
"
Couple of questions:

1. What gems should I focus on leveling to 20% quality first?
2. I was thinking of getting 1 Jewel with accuracy or mana regin? (see more of question 3 for location)
3. I'm currently at 88% accuracy, but I would like to be close to 95%. My plan of attack is specing into Galvanic hammer, accuracy and reduce mana, Versatility and the empty Jewel socket (with a accuracy Jewel) across from Golem's blood, but before I become to invested in this I would like to hear your recommendation?
4. Replacing the prismatic ring with a GG dimond ring? (but only close to end game I.E lv 90+)

1) The attack skill and then the supports on your attack skill (except fortify which does not need quality). Nothing else matters that much, although curse on hit is OK.

2) Mana leech jewels are handy if you can get one with block on it too (only Veridian can have mana leech).

3) 88% chance to hit is fine. Galvanic Hammer is great assuming you are high level enough to start spreading your points out that much. As far as reduced mana cost, we take Unrelenting which is probably enough. Optionally, Versatility for two points would be fine as it would give the high level crit build some DPS as well. I wouldn't personally spec out of RT until around level 85 at the earliest. Need to establish the defenses, block and life, first. All the content up until around that level is easy to kill anyway except for Merciless Malachai which is optional content.

4) Of course a diamond ring would be better than a prismatic if you don't need the resists. It would be costly though. Also you have to figure that any decent ring with physical damage would probably be worth more DPS than the diamond implicit so there's that.... getting a diamond with a good physical roll and life and mana leech too would be difficult but you can always use Poacher's Mark as your curse choice so you wouldn't need to find one with mana leech, relieving some of the pressure on the ring.
Hi again Lazy Pallies, great to see so much activity in here :)

I thought I'd post another process upgrade as I have hit level 71 and reached the end of Act 4 Merciless. In fact only the final Malachai fight remains for me, but I think I'll wait with him until I hit 75 and hopefully get Doryani's. So I am doing maps for now, and that goes quite well, although I did find the Dessert boss quite annoying as melee.

Here is my current gear:

I managed to get the Lioneye's Remorse for just 1c, and I consider that the best buy I have done so far. It boosted my armor from 2.500 to 10k, and I feel so much more tanky now.

On the to do list for upgrades, I still need to get Rainbowstride, Ramira's and Doryani's, and hopefully a 5/6 linked armor.

Was lucky to get a 13% quality Empower gem, and currently trying to level it, but it's really slow. Once I get it to level 2 I'll see if it's worhwhile fitting it into the gem setup somewhere.
"
Stefacle wrote:
Hi again Lazy Pallies, great to see so much activity in here :)

I thought I'd post another process upgrade as I have hit level 71 and reached the end of Act 4 Merciless. In fact only the final Malachai fight remains for me, but I think I'll wait with him until I hit 75 and hopefully get Doryani's. So I am doing maps for now, and that goes quite well, although I did find the Dessert boss quite annoying as melee.

On the to do list for upgrades, I still need to get Rainbowstride, Ramira's and Doryani's, and hopefully a 5/6 linked armor.

Thanks for the update my friend :)

No rush on Romira's, that's for levels over 85 IMO, the others are a lot more pressing. Especially Doryani's. However even before you do that a 5-link white armour chest for at most 5 chaos would be important to get. Then you can roll it with a few chaos for just life and a resist or two and likely have your upgrade for cheap. Adding the weapon elemental damage support will make a nice difference.
Yeah, I may see if I can grap a cheap 5l white armor, and see if I can roll some good stats on it :)
I was able to upgrade my non-Romira's ring slot today by picking this up for 1c:

Seems like a good deal, and the guy was nice about it. I guess the corruption roll he got is a weak replacement for whatever implicit it had, but I wouldn't need the extra Fire Resist anyhow, and it's still a pretty big upgrade over what I had.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Aug 1, 2015, 11:20:50 AM
"
Shoujo wrote:
"
cutun79 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,
Thanks a lot for the build, I really enjoy it so far (very detail guide for a beginner like myself actually). As because I like sword, I am thinking to change the passive tree towards the sword side on the right hand side but I believe that gonna lower my crit over 4% more block. I am wondering whether that would effect the other passive quite a lot somehow?
Thanks

Not Sovyn and not that experienced either, but if you go for the sword cluster it also puts you 1 travel node away from the Heartseeker crit cluster which also puts you next to a jewel node AND a +1 frenzy charge node. You're also placed right next to Soul Siphon so that can help relieve mana issues. It's a pretty attractive alternative if you ask me.

Potential big problem may be the loss of about 40% armor that you'd normally get from the Blunt Instrument cluster near templar.

Thanks for the highlight, that 40% is gonna hurt, I am wondering if I can make up using jewel.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
cutun79 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,
Thanks a lot for the build, I really enjoy it so far (very detail guide for a beginner like myself actually). As because I like sword, I am thinking to change the passive tree towards the sword side on the right hand side but I believe that gonna lower my crit over 4% more block. I am wondering whether that would effect the other passive quite a lot somehow?
Thanks

You're welcome cutun!

The trouble with swords is there is nothing affordable that remotely matches the dps of the Doryani's Catalyst.

You would need a 400 pdps rare sword to match Doryani's which would be much more expensive.

That said, if you insist, you can get slashing comeback instead of the scion block nodes, like this: link to sword tree.

Its true, just check sword price and it didnt look good at all lolz.

But my question is that how Doryani's match a 400pdps rare as I look at the number Doryani's dps isnt that much tho. Also if I stick with the original build but twist to the swords side and take the crit and jewel node like Shoujo suggested, would it make the build worse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info