[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Today's guide update

"
07-30-2015 -- Revised attack skill gem section

Mostly further emphasized switching back to static strike when multi is available late act 4. Almost seems silly to switch to ice crash for one act but it is easier to use for that short time so there ya go...

I put together a quick video of the Aegis Aurora version of this build running a 77 shipyard map slowly but with ease. I'm going to start pushing lvl80 maps and get more footage.

http://youtu.be/ry33Kd5Q8vk
IGN: Arcsist
Last edited by phildo on Jul 31, 2015, 2:39:41 AM
Hi Sovyn,
Thanks a lot for the build, I really enjoy it so far (very detail guide for a beginner like myself actually). As because I like sword, I am thinking to change the passive tree towards the sword side on the right hand side but I believe that gonna lower my crit over 4% more block. I am wondering whether that would effect the other passive quite a lot somehow?
Thanks
Hey Sovyn, what's your opinion with rumi's concotion?
Say if you could keep up enough momentum/spec into passives that helps with flask charges so you have almodt 100% uptime with the flask.

That way we can stay at 45-55% block and once we use the flask we will stay at max spell block too.
Doing this we can unspecc some of the block nodes for some increased life/dps.
Or even go another shield instead for a 30% block one or maybe even dw? Of course this would nerf the armor, but maybe u could spec more endurance charges to make up for it? Imagine dw doryanis + soul taker. The dream?
Whats ur thoughts on this?
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 31, 2015, 8:48:22 AM
"
Buiaka wrote:
Hey Sovyn, what's your opinion with rumi's concotion?
Say if you could keep up enough momentum/spec into passives that helps with flask charges so you have almodt 100% uptime with the flask.

That way we can stay at 45-55% block and once we use the flask we will stay at max spell block too.
Doing this we can unspecc some of the block nodes for some increased life/dps.
Or even go another shield instead for a 30% block one or maybe even dw? Of course this would nerf the armor, but maybe u could spec more endurance charges to make up for it? Imagine dw doryanis + soul taker. The dream?
Whats ur thoughts on this?

I thought of something similar too but found it easier in the end to have another Rumi's (dropped the quicksilver in favour of) at my disposal. With two Rumi's and a Vaal Haste with inc duration on standby I feel there are sufficient safeguards.

"
phildo wrote:
I put together a quick video of the Aegis Aurora version of this build running a 77 shipyard map slowly but with ease. I'm going to start pushing lvl80 maps and get more footage.

Nice vid! I always like seeing other lazy pallys (and everyone's own spin on it) in action.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Jul 31, 2015, 11:18:35 AM
"
cutun79 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,
Thanks a lot for the build, I really enjoy it so far (very detail guide for a beginner like myself actually). As because I like sword, I am thinking to change the passive tree towards the sword side on the right hand side but I believe that gonna lower my crit over 4% more block. I am wondering whether that would effect the other passive quite a lot somehow?
Thanks

Not Sovyn and not that experienced either, but if you go for the sword cluster it also puts you 1 travel node away from the Heartseeker crit cluster which also puts you next to a jewel node AND a +1 frenzy charge node. You're also placed right next to Soul Siphon so that can help relieve mana issues. It's a pretty attractive alternative if you ask me.

Potential big problem may be the loss of about 40% armor that you'd normally get from the Blunt Instrument cluster near templar.
"
phildo wrote:

Thanks phildo! If you don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and post that to the video section on the first page. :)
Thanks for this build.
Playing a Templar at level 26 Hard Core, solo and no problem for now, having fun.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
phildo wrote:

Thanks phildo! If you don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and post that to the video section on the first page. :)

No problem.
IGN: Arcsist
"
cutun79 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,
Thanks

You're welcome cutun!

The trouble with swords is there is nothing affordable that remotely matches the dps of the Doryani's Catalyst.

You would need a 400 pdps rare sword to match Doryani's which would be much more expensive.

That said, if you insist, you can get slashing comeback instead of the scion block nodes, like this: link to sword tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info