[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I've bought a pure physical mace, 257 dps.

My former sword was higher on dps but had a mix on physical and elemental.

So my dps has been raised from 3391 to 4386.
Heavy Strike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Melee Splash

Hurray !!!

Btw this vendor still have 3 decent weapons at 3-4 gcp.
If someone wants to bought any of them, he can look for him on my profile.
I'm going to bring back the sword I was using to a friend, I think he will try to sell it at 2-3 gcp.

Sorry for the ads, I'm trying to help. If anyone thinks I shouldn't had talked about vendors, just told me and I will delete this part of the post.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
Sovyn wrote:
The poster above has good advice, but I'd say I prefer mostly armour gear combined with a high evasion shield and maybe one hybrid armour/evasion piece. This way we get some mitigation and some avoidance. I know most people go for all of one and none of the other, but I think a balance somewhere in between is best for this build.

My chest, boots, head and gloves are mixed armour/evasion.
My shield is pure evasion. I have some armour from belt and one of my actual rings has evasion.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 6, 2013, 10:04:50 PM
"
kahoraho wrote:

So my dps has been raised from 3391 to 4386.
Heavy Strike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Melee Splash

Hurray !!!

Grats! Over 4k with melee splash is very good. :)
"
Altorparia wrote:
He didn't take that Stamina node, not even in the progression builds, mate or I am progressing in the skill tree way too wrong.

I was pretty sure I saw that node lit up bright, then again this was after a session of playing I might of been a little tired so no worries. :p

Anyways I was going to post some of my gear to show you how my character is coming along Sovyn.

He's currently level 38 and my damage is starting to lack a little bit. I find myself taking on way too many mobs because the tankyness goes to my head too much and I get myself into a big pickle. The other night in cruel, heading to Merveil, I encounterd Ian Darkshroud grouped aroind a pair of gold mobs. Let's say that was a couple deaths.
"
TehDiablo wrote:
Anyways I was going to post some of my gear to show you how my character is coming along Sovyn.

He's currently level 38 and my damage is starting to lack a little bit. I find myself taking on way too many mobs because the tankyness goes to my head too much and I get myself into a big pickle. The other night in cruel, heading to Merveil, I encounterd Ian Darkshroud grouped aroind a pair of gold mobs. Let's say that was a couple deaths.

Thanks for the progress update. :)

When you are level 46 or so you can pick up a corrugated buckler that will give you a nice boost in blocking if you craft or buy one with a good block mod on it (should be at least 35% block, which is nice for quite a while).

As far as damage we are very weapon dependent so we have to upgrade often as we level up I'd be looking to get a good Tomahawk next level.
So, managed to desync hard (and die) with my HC EleCleave Templar yesterday.
Well... good chance to start a Lazy Pally in Hardcore :)
Already bought a
Spoiler

and ready to go...
I did play a Lazy Pally in Anarchy League until Level 40ish and had a lot of fun with it. Suits my (lazy, slow and sometimes very noobish) playstyle, so I'll give it a try in HC now.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Thyrandor wrote:
Farming Merciless Ledge till 58 or 60 now.

I actually know someone that made it to level 67 on the ledge. It was painfully slow toward the end (about 2-3% experience per run).

Definitely right. After turning 59, it started to get slow, so I continued on through Act 1. Neither Brutus nor Merveil gave me much trouble. I also changed some of the MF gear to more adequate one. Doing 1800 DPS with Infernal Blow + Melee Splash now, HP are around 1900.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
Raffel wrote:

I did play a Lazy Pally in Anarchy League until Level 40ish and had a lot of fun with it. Suits my (lazy, slow and sometimes very noobish) playstyle, so I'll give it a try in HC now.

Let us know how you get on! Be sure to not get overconfident. :) That's got to be the biggest killer.
Update: Hit 72 today and found a 5 socket Astral Plate and decided to alch it, this came out:

I am trying to at least 4 link it -it was 3 linked when I found it- but after 10 fusings the result is dissapointing. Nonetheless I will 4 link it!

I have thought about alching every Siege Axe I find but instead of blowing loads of alch on that I have decided to search for one in the market.

Questwise; I have unlocked Barracks waypoint and will progress soon to kill Gravicius.

P.S. Pretty much everything is a faceroll except magic Undying Impalers in Marketplace, with their Puncture stacked I just melt, literally melt.

Update #2: 3 fusings and 1 chrom later:

IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on Jul 7, 2013, 5:57:36 PM
"
Altorparia wrote:
Update: Hit 72 today and found a 5 socket Astral Plate and decided to alch it

Well done on 4-linking. I rolled a 5 socket on my Astral and 4-linked it. That's the most economical thing we can do within reason. Jeweler's orbs are plentiful from selling all the 6-socket weapons I find and buy from the npc vendors. So getting enough to 5 socket an item is no problem even for the self found like me. :)

The odds of 4-linking seem to be much better on a 5 socket item vs. a 4 socket item.

So as mentioned, 5 socket chest and 4 linking it seems to be the affordable route. :)

PS Enough puncture monsters will kill most any build outright. However, I don't seem to be as vulnerable to them as I used to be, with life leech and if I don't move and keep swinging, I'm fine. Maybe pop one of my instant flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info