[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Altorparia, except if you want to play only self found items, I'd suggest you buy a white 5L chest. You can find them at 2 gcp. Then spend one alchemy and some chaos to have some decent properties. If you are patient enough you'll be able to trade 8 fusing to 1 gcp.
I can point you to a vendor with decent physical mace / swords at 3-4 gcp if you want.

I have found its cheaper to farm alterations, then trade into chaos / gcp and bought decent & cheap items rather than try to craft them.

Of course, if it's your first toon, you'll be screwed because of the lack of orbs.
Drop me a message if you want to find any item and I will try to help you.

I have spent more than 12 gcp buying items for this toon. Level 66 at this moment.
Tonight I activated Hatred, that left me 130 free mana, but I don't have serious mana issues. I run Grace and Tempest Shield too.
My dps has been boosted up to 5.3k, Heavy Strike + Mana Leech + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Melee Splash.
I have 2.5 k life, and I think I'm around 30% evasion and physical reduction.
I killed Piety yesterday, but I was in a group so I can't say if it's easy to do or not. I have to came back alone and try kole and Piety alone.

I like very much Shield Charge as scape route or to reach up to those Ranged mobs that hide behind a melee wall. Like those lighting guys on barracks. They've always been a pain with other chars, but quite easy with this character.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
kahoraho wrote:
Of course, if it's your first toon, you'll be screwed because of the lack of orbs.
Drop me a message if you want to find any item and I will try to help you.

First character, indeed. I think I have one exalted worth in orbs right now, mostly gcp and chaos/regret.

Thanks, I might actually take you up on that offer.

Question: Should I drop Purity and take Grace? I have a level 17 Purity but without it I am already at %77 Fire, Cold, Lightning Resistance. It seems pretty useless yo utilize it right now.

Minor Update: I have just "severed the Right Hand". Gravicius was pretty easy but again the magic mobs in Barracks were a pain. I have ~5200 Armour with Determination but %56 Block Chance with TS. I might respec the Marauder tree for now and go for more block nodes maybe.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on Jul 8, 2013, 12:09:11 PM
"
Altorparia wrote:
First character, indeed. I think I have one exalted worth in orbs right now, mostly gcp and chaos/regret.

Thanks, I might actually take you up on that offer.

Question: Should I drop Purity and take Grace? I have a level 17 Purity but without it I am already at %77 Fire, Cold, Lightning Resistance. It seems pretty useless yo utilize it right now.

Minor Update: I have just "severed the Right Hand". Gravicius was pretty easy but again the magic mobs in Barracks were a pain. I have ~5200 Armour with Determination but %56 Block Chance with TS. I might respec the Marauder tree for now and go for more block nodes maybe.

Wow you're rich, I doubt my first toon had 5 gcp equivalent in orbs before killing Piety. If I were you I would spent some of this orbs improving my equipment.

Agree Grace will give you better damage avoidance than Purity, once you're 77% capped.

Block cap is a priority on this build. At your level you should be block capped. Sovyn's pointed best block passives. There's a high block nodes in the way before reaching the dualist area, just in case you're too short on reset points. A shield with high block chance is a must have. I'd say over 32% minimum on shield, and it's a low value. Go for the unique 40% block shield if you don't find anything decent soon. I can lend you one of these uniques until you find a better one.
My actual shield is 36% with >800 evasion, a few life and resistances. It could be better, but it only cost to me 1 chaos ;)
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 8, 2013, 2:27:31 PM
Edit: nuts, I shouldn't post from phone, it posted three times same answer. Sorry for the spam.

Magic mobs in Barracks were a pain?. I suppose you're talking about the lighting throwers that shocks you.
You can Shield Charge to them, kill, then Shield Charge away if you're shocked or hurted.
You could also try to lure the melees away from the casters, hide behind a truck, kill them, then go for the casters.
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 8, 2013, 3:37:56 PM
Edit: sorry for the spam
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 8, 2013, 2:24:56 PM
"
Altorparia wrote:

If you are capped on resists you can set aside Purity for now until your gear changes and get Hatred. Grace goes on blood magic, it would mess up aura stacking to mix percentile and flat auras on the mana globe.

Nice amount of armour. I would definitely say that boosting block to max and losing a bit of something else (even armour) would be worthwhile.

The unique amulet pretty much makes you immune to lightning spells (except maybe lightning thorns) with max block. (I have 47% spell block.)
"
kahoraho wrote:

My actual shield is 36% with >800 evasion, a few life and resistances. It could be better, but it only cost to me 1 chaos ;)

*Thumbs up*
A few days ago I uploaded a video of a map clear I did.

link to youtube

As you can see at the start of the video this is a rather challenging map with monsters doing 88% extra lightning damage plus 39% increased pack size. The end boss is a little bit harder than most of them as well, particularly when doing 88% more damage. I edited out parts of the video because it was too long originally (30min including looting, etc.). I'm level 72 in the video.
Sovyn you lazy paladin!!!

Do you use only 2 skill button?. Lol
I will keep an eye to your video when I'm at pc. Thanks for sharing.
What auras are you running on life?. Grace and... Looks like they take a small part of your life.

I have to review my items and change to a glove with life. Mine isn't great, around 2.5 I think. Too much items without life, gloves, amulet, one ring... But I am so comfortable with my gloves, the uniques with 3% life leech and 2% mana leech, they are hard to replace.
"
kahoraho wrote:
Agree Grace will give you better damage avoidance than Purity, once you're 77% capped.

"
Sovyn wrote:
If you are capped on resists you can set aside Purity for now until your gear changes and get Hatred. Grace goes on blood magic, it would mess up aura stacking to mix percentile and flat auras on the mana globe.

Nice amount of armour. I would definitely say that boosting block to max and losing a bit of something else (even armour) would be worthwhile.

Thanks for the advices. I am still using Titucus Span, Reinforced Tower Shield -found here- but I will upgrade both the shield and the weapon.

Can you explain the reason behind using Hatred? Does the cold damage help? I was taking a look at my stash and Haste seems like a better option than both Grace and Hatred. It gives +%movement, attack, cast speed.

By "magic mobs" I meant the magical packs, blue ones, you know magic, rare, unique that magic. They tend to hit me like a truck. I am not having any trouble with the "lightning bolters" but with the shielded melee mobs.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info