[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I've bought a 2% mana leech ring for one alchemy.

As far as I be geared with 4% mana leech, I don't think I have any problem with mana. ;D
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
kahoraho wrote:
I'm testing another method just in case I run out of mana: Shield Charge + Mana Leech.
Am I out of mana?. Don't worry Shield Charge a mob and you'll have enough mana to start dealing Heavy Strike.

Anyway I'm not having real mana issues.
I had to use mana potions once on two different rares.
My physical damage + 2% mana leech on gear is enough to full my mana pool.
I'm not running clarity.

The only time I run out of mana is when I cast molten shell a couple times or enduring cry a few times as those don't leech mana. But I don't use those skills so no problem. I link enfeeble to a blood magic support.
"
kahoraho wrote:
I've bought a 2% mana leech ring for one alchemy.

As far as I be geared with 4% mana leech, I don't think I have any problem with mana. ;D

Wow, awesome ring for this build. Congrats.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Thyrandor wrote:
Made level 54 yesterday and killed Cruel Piety with 2 deaths (one due to inattention, the other due to Shield Charge not working ;-)). Kole killed me once - because of what, I don't remember.

That's actually impressively few deaths considering you have little life/armour/evasion on your current gear. :)

Thanks, shows that my playstyle and this build go great together. I always have one get-away skill ready (Whirling Blades or Shield Charge). Flasks with instant recovery on low life/mana help a lot as well.
Just made level 56, still running the MF crap - dropped my third Facebreaker today thanks to it. Farming Merciless Ledge till 58 or 60 now.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
Thyrandor wrote:
Farming Merciless Ledge till 58 or 60 now.

I actually know someone that made it to level 67 on the ledge. It was painfully slow toward the end (about 2-3% experience per run).
Well... just made it to L75. Guess what I spent July 4th doing? :) I have re-spec some of my points and I'm now heading towards Ondar's Guile. My current passive looks like:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNGNsZLhoyGjgaVRv6HRQhYCNNJd8n7SjFMokzljboQDZAoEGMRHJHfkp9TDVPfVBHUWBT31RJVcZXDVfiWNtZ81uvYEthIWSjZU1mnmegbmlyqXM_dO108Xfleu982YBWhMSE2YTvh3aPRpBVm4OezaC0ogCkGacwp4SplayqrK-0-bndvqfAD8AaxLjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP1fjZYd0N51LsOO8O8B_yL_O--tL7qvzF

Right after I picked up Strong Arm, I came into the possession of this:

I think the weapon makes the man. :) I'm also at about 5.5K armor now which only gives 40% dmg reduction at my level. Since I'm doing maps now, I'm hoping to be able to find some armor that is pretty good. One thing that could be improved is my shield. I went with a high block shield:

But I think I can do better from an armor perspective.

Now that I'm starting to map in earnest, I have been joining groups. I can usually hold my own but I still get jealous of those double elemental cleave duelists that run around and wipe everything off the map. :)

"
Dwarg wrote:
Well... just made it to L75. Guess what I spent July 4th doing? :) I have re-spec some of my points and I'm now heading towards Ondar's Guile. My current passive looks like:

Right after I picked up Strong Arm, I came into the possession of this:

I think the weapon makes the man. :) I'm also at about 5.5K armor now which only gives 40% dmg reduction at my level. Since I'm doing maps now, I'm hoping to be able to find some armor that is pretty good. One thing that could be improved is my shield. I went with a high block shield:

But I think I can do better from an armor perspective.

Thanks for the update. :) You are coming along nicely!

Very good axe there. If it had attack speed it would be godly. Still great!

On the shield I would suggest a high evasion shield with 37-38% block (vaal buckler). Frees up a couple of nodes. With grace you can get some nice evasion going for both melee and projectiles with Ondar's along with adequate armor from your other gear.
I don't know if this was covered already or not but do you recommend armors with high armor or armor and energy shield?
"
OneLazyAsian wrote:
I don't know if this was covered already or not but do you recommend armors with high armor or armor and energy shield?

I think this build is on templar forum because Sovyn liked the starting nodes on templar, very close to good block nodes.
But I imagine character mostly as a duelist, high strengh and dexterity, low intelligence.
You can't play ES gear because you take too few intelligence nodes and zero increase ES nodes. Also you'd have to look for a trick to regenerate ES as you are a melee.

You can take armour, armour/evasion or pure evasion gear.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
OneLazyAsian wrote:

The poster above has good advice, but I'd say I prefer mostly armour gear combined with a high evasion shield and maybe one hybrid armour/evasion piece. This way we get some mitigation and some avoidance. I know most people go for all of one and none of the other, but I think a balance somewhere in between is best for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info