[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Thyrandor wrote:
Made level 54 yesterday and killed Cruel Piety with 2 deaths (one due to inattention, the other due to Shield Charge not working ;-)). Kole killed me once - because of what, I don't remember.

That's actually impressively few deaths considering you have little life/armour/evasion on your current gear. :)
"
TehDiablo wrote:
Just want to start off by saying thank you for your work and time on this build, I find it very enjoyable to play.

Cruised through Normal in 2 days with little deaths. Once my gear got rolling I was able to facetank pretty much anything. I had max fire and lightning resist on the 2nd half of act 1 and I just slapped on a cold resist ring for Piety made it all a breeze except for a death in level 3 temple due to my carelessness. >.<

"
No debuffs to repetitively cast, no endurance charges to worry about.

I noticed you said this in your first post but on your passive tree you took Stamina which gives you an extra endurance charge. Reason being? Just curious I don't mean to prod at ya about it. I just don't want to miss anything or go on some out-dated info as skimming through 40 pages could be a little rough.

Edit: How in the world do you link items on the forum here?

I'm glad you are enjoying. :)

If I took the Stamina node in one of the progression builds, it was a mis-click. Don't take it. :)

Endurance charges are fine, but too much like work to keep up and this build is plenty tanky without them. And, they were nerfed recently anyway. Even with two enduring cry gems I would have to mash them every few seconds. No time to pause, must rush to next pack of monsters before charges expire. Bah I say. Besides, I don't have room on the UI buttons due to all of the auras I'm running. I know you are not advocating for using charges but just wanted to type out the reasons for others that may be reading.
"
Altorparia wrote:

Update: Farming Docks right now and I am %1 away from level 68. I can tank everything with ease, even without Tempest Shield -honestly, I forget to cast it everytime I enter a new map-.

Not exactly sure when I will progress through the rest of the act.

Grats on 68!

I think spell block is pretty good against the voidbearers in docks. I took my amulet off and on and noticed a big difference.
"
kahoraho wrote:

It looks promising. Worst thing I think I will face will be lack of dps. I don't expect to improve it too much. A bit from improving my rings and probably a bit from some nodes.
As someone has told, I don't think on myself killing a high regeneration boss. I think physical reflect will be a pain too, but I think I will be able to kill them without dying.

Now a request for advice. This is my first melee toon, what suffixes are better to fill potions?. The one who recharge three charges when you get a critical or the one who is xx% increased recharges?.

DPS: If you are self found (pardon me if you said already) you can try hitting every siege axe that drops with an alchemy. When you get a high physical % roll plus flat physical bonus plus attack speed, it will be pretty good DPS even with this character. If you are a trader, I'm sure someone would part with a great weapon for cheap if you are patient. When you have a good weapon and leveled up skill gems, your attack should top 4k DPS.

Don't forget that you can add in more auras as you level up (or trade for) the reduced mana gems. Eventually you can run hatred which is a nice DPS boost at level 16.

As to life flasks, I think you need a couple of emergency instant recovery flasks - Seething and Bubbling prefixes can work. Suffixes that are good on those would be Dousing (to remove burning) and Staunching (to remove bleeding).

The other flasks are good for general topping up. I like the Catalysed and Ample prefixes. On Suffixes, Iron Skin, Gluttony.

Another possibility to try would be Saturated of Iron Skin to prolong the armour boosting effect (much longer than Granite, but less armour, but it's healing too).

It would take a lot of alterations to make any exact prefix/suffix combo, but the above gives you some ideas.

Edit - The "on crit" recharge won't work as we have Resolute Technique.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 5, 2013, 2:34:57 PM
"
Carlovski wrote:

It's a bit upsetting that tempest shield doesn't have more of an active effect - almost seems a waste of a skill and links for just a 4% block chance. I wonder if there are any other link options to try with it (Blind?)

The poster above mentioned some other possibilities, but I think blind is a great choice.

I don't think it's a waste because at end game I'll have two more skill points to spend on life, plus there are no other auras I really want that would fit. Up to you though if you want to grab two more block nodes and pass on Tempest Shield. Maybe you could fit Hatred on sooner.

I'd even go so far as to say spend the three points to get the 10% reduced mana reserved near the duelist area instead of two more block nodes and just keep tempest shield.
Last edited by Route1 on Jul 5, 2013, 3:26:25 PM
"
Route1 wrote:

Thanks for posting the link.

Here it is again, for this thread to see:

"
square0 wrote:

Looks like it's about as nice as my axe, maybe a smidgen better, so it should be a good alternative for those that are into trading!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kahoraho wrote:

Now a request for advice. This is my first melee toon, what suffixes are better to fill potions?. The one who recharge three charges when you get a critical or the one who is xx% increased recharges?.

As to life flasks, I think you need a couple of emergency instant recovery flasks - Seething and Bubbling prefixes can work. Suffixes that are good on those would be Dousing (to remove burning) and Staunching (to remove bleeding).

The other flasks are good for general topping up. I like the Catalysed and Ample prefixes. On Suffixes, Iron Skin, Gluttony.

Another possibility to try would be Saturated of Iron Skin to prolong the armour boosting effect (much longer than Granite, but less armour, but it's healing too).

It would take a lot of alterations to make any exact prefix/suffix combo, but the above gives you some ideas.

Edit - The "on crit" recharge won't work as we have Resolute Technique.

Thank you for your answer. I have to look for the meaning of these suffix as I'm not familiar with them.
My other toons are critical based, so all my potions has +1 charge when I critic.
Here I asked for the suffix that gives you +3 charges when you're hit by a critical. Do you think it works?. We have high avoidance, so it's supposed we won't be critical hurt too often. Probably the +xx increased recharges (you get more charges than normal when you kill a mob) works better.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
kahoraho wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I have to look for the meaning of these suffix as I'm not familiar with them.
My other toons are critical based, so all my potions has +1 charge when I critic.
Here I asked for the suffix that gives you +3 charges when you're hit by a critical. Do you think it works?. We have high avoidance, so it's supposed we won't be critical hurt too often. Probably the +xx increased recharges (you get more charges than normal when you kill a mob) works better.

I don't know how effective that would be, but it does seem counterproductive since we have so much avoidance built in. :) I'd just go with ample if you would like to have plenty of charges, and keep up the killing. I rarely run out anymore.
I'm testing another method just in case I run out of mana: Shield Charge + Mana Leech.
Am I out of mana?. Don't worry Shield Charge a mob and you'll have enough mana to start dealing Heavy Strike.

Anyway I'm not having real mana issues.
I had to use mana potions once on two different rares.
My physical damage + 2% mana leech on gear is enough to full my mana pool.
I'm not running clarity.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info