Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

You all rock.

Easiest way would be changing my weapon to a physical one and follow the path, but today I was thinking on having an alternative route... You know, many exiles can't use the right way xD

I have to meditate it, I'm not in a hurry.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
kahoraho wrote:
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

You all rock.

Easiest way would be changing my weapon to a physical one and follow the path, but today I was thinking on having an alternative route... You know, many exiles can't use the right way xD

I have to meditate it, I'm not in a hurry.

Many variations of attack skills work great with this build. I'm not sure I could recommend any changes to the passive skill tree though. :)

Keep us updated on how you get on!
Level 50 now, just defeated Crematorium Piety. Still running the crappy farming equipment, therefore deaths have started to happen more frqeuently. I died six times to Cruel Vaal because the battle had moved to the door and I get insta-gibbed at least once by his slam attack. However, everything else is just fine.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
Thyrandor wrote:
Level 50 now, just defeated Crematorium Piety. Still running the crappy farming equipment, therefore deaths have started to happen more frqeuently. I died six times to Cruel Vaal because the battle had moved to the door and I get insta-gibbed at least once by his slam attack. However, everything else is just fine.

Thanks for the update!. Yes, Vaal is the hump encounter for sure. If anything will kill a melee character, it's him. :) I would lean toward saying one should get solid life gear plus maybe a level 7 enfeeble before facing him. In merciless, probably 4500 life and max resists would be a good idea. That means pretty decent gear. But, it is possible to do him with less. In any case, running to his back side in a tight circle when he raises his mace arm for the smash is an essential technique to master.

I don't envy those trying to solo Vaal in hardcore.
For any of the new people out there, I highly recommend this build. Not only is it fun, but there’s also enough flexibility that you can try new stuff and learn why some things work and some things don’t. I’m only at the start of Act 1 Cruel, however, I’ve gone from very easy, to difficult, and back to easy again, all by just changing my playstyle and gem setup.

For example, I started with Infernal Blow, and coasted until I got to late act 2. At that point, I was having trouble killing stuff without running out of mana. I added multi-strike, and while I killed faster, I ran out of a mana faster. Then I tried running anger instead of MS, but still tough on mana. I finally broke down and just stuck a paua amulet in there, and things got better. Played around with Enfeeble and Enduring Cry, but eventually just stuck with “Charge+Beatdown” over and over. A few more levels and I picked up Melee Splash, so I swapped out IB for Heavy Blow and added the Melee Splash and it was nuts. I was plowing through stuff. Less mana used (I guess because HB is physical and leeches better?), and a couple more levels and I dropped the amulet and could run anger as well without any problem. These crazy ribbons that gave my other characters so much trouble were cake.

I know a lot of you experienced guys might already be familiar with all this (and normal is pretty easy anyway), but for someone new (that has never even seen Merciless), this is a lot better than the guides that say, “here is the tree, here is the gear you need, here’s the way to fight.” It’s forcing me to swap stuff around, actually craft things(!), and has kept my interest much more than my LA archer or FP Witch ever did. Now, if I can only find a Blood Magic gem…

Thanks for the fun build!
"
dfscott wrote:
For any of the new people out there, I highly recommend this build. Not only is it fun, but there’s also enough flexibility that you can try new stuff and learn why some things work and some things don’t. I’m only at the start of Act 1 Cruel, however, I’ve gone from very easy, to difficult, and back to easy again, all by just changing my playstyle and gem setup.

Thanks for the fun build!

Thanks for sharing your experience and for the good PR. :)
Hi, I have a question about static blows.

You took it with resolute technique which means you have 10% chance to shock from this passive but can't shock with crit. The lightning damage are comming from tempest shield right ?
Aren't those damage too low for the shock to last on end game mobs ?

Or is it for people using lightning strike (wrath maybe) ?
"
Jhonnyboy wrote:
Hi, I have a question about static blows.

You took it with resolute technique which means you have 10% chance to shock from this passive but can't shock with crit. The lightning damage are comming from tempest shield right ?
Aren't those damage too low for the shock to last on end game mobs ?

Or is it for people using lightning strike (wrath maybe) ?

Hello and thanks for your question.

I am using wrath and I have a lot of lightning damage on my weapon as well.

However, I have not taken static blows yet as I think it is a lower priority than almost everything else. See the progression builds in the guide for details. :)
i completely agree everything dfscott said
i am very impatient guy, i usually get tired of playing X character then i switch to Y character, but with this guide i hit level 69 which i never coulda done that with other build.
i have own and delete like 6 character cuz i never touch them anymore and they are all around level 20 - 26...best guild so far as i known in POE
question : the double evation of arrow include spell ? also is that double BASE ON your OWN evation %

thank you
"
PMTrigger wrote:
i completely agree everything dfscott said
i am very impatient guy, i usually get tired of playing X character then i switch to Y character, but with this guide i hit level 69 which i never coulda done that with other build.
i have own and delete like 6 character cuz i never touch them anymore and they are all around level 20 - 26...best guild so far as i known in POE
question : the double evation of arrow include spell ? also is that double BASE ON your OWN evation %
thank you

I'm glad you enjoyed your character. :)

As to your question - Ondar's Guile does not apply to spells. It applies to projectiles. Projectiles can carry status ailments such as burning. Projectiles can also do chaos damage which can hurt because it is difficult to get resistance for chaos. So, having a lot of evasion for these attacks is very useful.

Yes, Ondar's doubles your character sheet evasion rating for projectiles.

30% character sheet evasion is a good target figure with this build, so that would give 60% chance to evade projectiles.

PS We do get some spell blocking too with the unique amulet and one node on the passive skill tree. I have 47% spell block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info