[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Altorparia wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Just turned 63 and took Bulwark right before I took on Vaal solo. Honestly I have died two times because of that Slam attack of its, I wasn't quick enough to hit Shield Charge to steer clear of that. Other than that it wasn't much of a pain. Vaal Oversoul dropped this:

It will be nice for my ranger for a while I guess.

I will try the gems, thanks for the tips.

Edit: Actually here is another question. At what point will I actually need Chaos Resistance? I am running around with -%60 and it is pretty annoying.

Sorry that Vaal got ya with his smash. Really the only way to live is to circle around to his back when he raises his arm. Can't get out of the way in time by running away.

I don't need chaos resist with max block and Ondar's + Grace. Minus 60 is just fine with those skills.
The only time I felt chaos damage is to those poison bomber in the sewer and in those cases I just shield charge to them and take them out first. (I'm at -60 also)
Most chaos damage is projectile based.

Here's how it will break down if you get the recommended gear and skills for this build:

We start with 100% chance to get hit to make things simple.

We have 30% evasion with a HIGH evasion and HIGH block shield (crafted, traded for...) combined with leveled up Grace running on blood magic support. BUT, since we have Ondar's, since Ondar's doubles chance to evade projectiles, that means a 60% chance to avoid getting hit with projectiles. No hit, no chaos damage taken.

Since evasion gets checked first, that means we have only a 40% chance to get hit.

NEXT, our 75% chance to block is checked.

So that 40% chance to get hit turns into 10%.

Yep, that's right, only a 10% chance to take that chaos projectile hit.

It's the same scenario with all kinds of ranged/projectile attacks as well, not just chaos.

I walk through "populated with ranged attackers" and "multiple extra projectiles" type maps without a scratch.
Cool.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
%90 through level 63 and I have just "banished" Piety from Crematorium. Pretty easy given the fact that I have outleveled the zone and she hits like a baby. I will farm some docks until 65-66 or so then progress all the way to Piety -I understand I don't have to outlevel the content but I like clearing the sub-zones and they can be a bit of a trouble-.

With the start of Season 3 I think I will try some races therefore won't be able progress decently for a while and am also working on my own build, a Battlemage of some sort.

Edit: Forgot to mention your Evasion + Block Chance calculation and I think I will keep my shield until I get Ondar's.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on Jun 28, 2013, 1:31:20 PM
"
Altorparia wrote:
%90 through level 63 and I have just "banished" Piety from Crematorium. Pretty easy given the fact that I have outleveled the zone and she hits like a baby. I will farm some docks until 65-66 or so then progress all the way to Piety -I understand I don't have to outlevel the content but I like clearing the sub-zones and they can be a bit of a trouble-.

Great! Keep us posted. :)

Speaking of side areas, I did find that merciless Catacombs, as it is now a level 67 area, can have some good damage spikes from necro + mages groups, especially without
. Max resists helps though. :)
Level 43 now, just started Act 2 Cruel. Died a single time so far, I believe it was due to laziness & a damage spike from a rare in Lunaris Temple 3. Still running my crappy MF gear, found six uniques this week (and got about fifteen others from a guy clearing his stash). The build is still going strong, block chance is now 71% with Perandus Crest and Tempest Shield. Earlier today I talked to another Templar who didn't believe how good a shield is ;-)
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
Thyrandor wrote:
Level 43 now, just started Act 2 Cruel. Died a single time so far, I believe it was due to laziness & a damage spike from a rare in Lunaris Temple 3. Still running my crappy MF gear, found six uniques this week (and got about fifteen others from a guy clearing his stash). The build is still going strong, block chance is now 71% with Perandus Crest and Tempest Shield. Earlier today I talked to another Templar who didn't believe how good a shield is ;-)

Thanks for the update! *thumbs up*

The occasional death is understandable in standard league because we don't play with the fear of god (knowledge that our character will be demoted as in hardcore). I do think the build would be fine in hardcore but obviously more gear farming and very tentative game play would assure best results. :)

I am finding that I'm near unkillable now that I'm over level 70 with this build. The earlier levels had a few deaths though due to poor gear and over confidence.
I stopped reading at

"
Click here to view the completed 120 point build

120 points for the build to be effective?
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
I stopped reading at

"
Click here to view the completed 120 point build

120 points for the build to be effective?

Not at all! See the progression builds - scroll down a little. :) It's viable all the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info