[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Hello and thanks for your question.

I am using wrath and I have a lot of lightning damage on my weapon as well.

However, I have not taken static blows yet as I think it is a lower priority than almost everything else. See the progression builds in the guide for details. :)

Oh, silly me I just looked at the 120 passive point build.
Thank you for your answer, I was myself wondering if it was interesting cause I need +10 intelligence so that would be a good excuse to go grab it.
After playing several hours yesterday, when hauling my last batch of loot back to town before logging off, I found this:

I tried it in Cruel Marketplace for a few kills, and it ROCKS! :-) It doubled my DPS.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Last edited by Thyrandor on Jul 2, 2013, 3:10:26 AM
"
Thyrandor wrote:
After playing several hours yesterday, when hauling my last batch of loot back to town before logging off, I found this:

I tried it in Cruel Marketplace for a few kills, and it ROCKS! :-) It doubled my DPS.

Good find!

It's really hard to beat a nice axe.
in your description you say something about farming maps... i don´t think farming means what you think it means...
"
Zupzs wrote:
in your description you say something about farming maps... i don´t think farming means what you think it means...

I thought it meant I am clearing maps to gather items and more maps.

I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farming

"
1. In videogames, collecting a certain item (usually a currency) in order to power one's character up.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 2, 2013, 1:13:42 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Zupzs wrote:

I thought it meant I am clearing maps to gather items such as orbs, possibly better base items or rares, and more maps.

I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farming

"
1. In videogames, collecting a certain item (usually a currency) in order to power one's character up.
"
Sovyn wrote:
I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)]

He probably did since farming with single target DPS classes is a pain in the ass.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on Jul 2, 2013, 2:04:44 PM
"
Altorparia wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)]

He probably did since farming with single target DPS classes is a pain in the ass.

*nod* I agree some people may find it to be tedious. However, I do enjoy playing my character and find that with multistrike I don't have to kill every single one from full health. Multistrike as you know cycles hits through all available targets, and my range is quite good with the +2 melee range node from the duelist area. It's really not hard. :)
Interesting build, I think it would well for a Mara -- you could get better melee phys nodes than you are taking at the beginning of the Templar tree. I have a 2H IB/melee splash Mara that is actually pretty close to this build. I also found a couple things last night that are tempting me to respec into 1H/Shield IB/melee splash:

I would just need to whetstone that axe up. I'm not happy with my squishiness as a 2H, and I haven't found a decent 2H weapon in a while -- still using a Kaom's Primacy
(I am also playing self-found). It seems like a Bringer of Rain would be really nice for this build, but I guess I'm not likely to get one as a self-found player.
"
andaval wrote:
Interesting build, I think it would well for a Mara -- you could get better melee phys nodes than you are taking at the beginning of the Templar tree. I have a 2H IB/melee splash Mara that is actually pretty close to this build. I also found a couple things last night that are tempting me to respec into 1H/Shield IB/melee splash:

I would just need to whetstone that axe up. I'm not happy with my squishiness as a 2H, and I haven't found a decent 2H weapon in a while -- still using a Kaom's Primacy
(I am also playing self-found). It seems like a Bringer of Rain would be really nice for this build, but I guess I'm not likely to get one as a self-found player.

Thanks for your post!

Yes, Mara would work. I do like how the Templar starting area is positioned with proximity to some great block nodes. But, Duelist, Mara or Templar, the build can work with any of 'em.

60% melee damage at the Templar start is not bad for 5 points. I'm sure you could make it up somewhere for the same 5 points.

Nice to meet another self found player - the axe you found looks promising.

This build would solve your 2H squishiness issue.

Bringer of Rain would be a dream item for this build but not going to happen most likely. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info