[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sparkl wrote:
Oh and btw, for fellow templars, I have a few interesting items:

These two items are quite nice for leveling aswell.
If anyone needs them, contact me ingame - IGN: RageAgainstTheMachinery - and we can work it out.

Saviourself:

After thinking, I would actually need slitherpinch so I can try to replace the claws with the sword (higher dps) but maintain the same leech %.

If we meet ingame we can talk :)

No worries ; )
Darn nice claws you all got there. Been trying to find / craft better weapon for reave but no luck so far. Got this atm
. Eventyally i get one as drop or lucky strike on crafting.
"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Darn nice claws you all got there. Been trying to find / craft better weapon for reave but no luck so far. Got this atm
. Eventyally i get one as drop or lucky strike on crafting.

Don't forget trading unless you are determined to be self-found. Cheap one-handed swords: link
Aye i might have to start spending my hard earned few chaos orbs cause need to upgrade big time to survive in maps etc. Ty again for tips and know hows! Have a good one you all.
Hey ya, everyone!
Me and my friend decided to revisit PoE because of FM patch.
Yahoo! Now we are in the normal league!
First of all, my friend bought Aegis for his marauder and BoR for me, 2 pairs of Rainbows as well.

My current gear. I donno, but after a couple of hours playing with BoR I am starting to think, that I lost a lot of armor and, especially, resists because of that:

and helmet compared to this, but in the shared guild stash.

Currently I have 90% F 80% I 68% L resist. 75 block, 58 on spells, or something close, 20% armor and evasion (31 and 35 with Determination and Grace).
Starting to look at lightning resist node in Scions tree to not to bother with finding\crafting\mixing gear for additional one.
Using Double Strike with LGoH because of survaivalability. If I use Splash Damage, sometimes mana depleats even with one aura very often because of 2 Cast wdt gems.

My main goal is to change belt, gauntlets, maybe rings and shield, because, goddamit, i use it from maybe 40-65 level till now!
And, offcourse, I want claw for Reave Armageddon!
I donno wats wrong with mana. Maybe because of lags after patch some hits do not register, but counts in mana? I expirience that weird situation hiting mods 1-2 second with no effect and then little teleport too often.

I try not to forget to take my friends Aegis, while he is not playing, cos it OP on this build.
Yo there, awesome guide, the only drawback I'm seeing so far is getting a good weapon...
Right now at level 50 I'm using this, but it's way tooooooo slow

Still trying to find a better rare weapon :| every time I try to contact someone found on poe.xyz, he is offline, the last one (having a rare sword with awesome 232pDPS) even refused to trade because he doesn't play standard league much .-.
As I have already said, I am on standard league and I can sell you one of these:

If you are interested, pm me here, and we can meet ingame.

"
Starting to look at lightning resist node in Scions tree to not to bother with finding\crafting\mixing gear for additional one.

Lantan57, just looking at your gear, you could easily hit the cap of lightning too just by simply crafting your Oblivion Twirl with lightning res stat for 2 alch (you will get a random 16-20% resist stat). Edit: Ah, nevermind, I see you already have 5 stats on it... Well, find a ring with good stats and craft in a 5th stat with lightning res and you're good to go :)

It's a very cheap solution to your resists. As for BoR... Well it's what it brings - excellent for those who seek the edge in dps, but crap for those who wish to play more defensively.

Although you will get the same effect out of a 6 link, it will cost you much more than just having bor. I guess look at the other items, if you can, replace them with something that gives you a much bigger eva/armour rating and see where that gets you, after all if you are runing a leveled determination it should still bring you somewhere...

Unfortunately, for defensive playstyle, bor also brings heavy requirements on other gear... mostly asking for expensive items for it to work. Depends on your luck too :)

I just managed to snatch an around 80% increased spell damage shield for my brother just for a wicked 1 fuse... I guess the guy had no idea what he was selling hehe... Well, luck for me :)
Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 28, 2014, 4:35:22 PM
delete
Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 28, 2014, 5:25:23 PM
I dunno, BoR has worked out well for me so far such that I'm leaving a few pieces of what I consider GG in the bank until I can get a set working for me...

Spoiler

This has capped resists, capped block, ~38 evasion (76 evasion for projectiles) and -7% chaos resist, 3700 life (bit low, could be better replacing aurseize but I do love the IIR).

Stuff I've got in the bank:

Spoiler

Once I get enough fuses to 6 link the chest, I'll probably swap that in, but in the meantime, BoR does the job really well (note that it's configured for farming/gem leveling atm with IIR/IIQ).

Also, freebies for other lazy pallies looking for a bit of decent kit:

Spoiler

240 dps + Atk speed mod not occupied
168 dps
164 dps
210 dps
290 dps
294 dps

Hit me up in game if you see me on Heretictoc (although I will be away for a week from Sunday).
"
Lantan57 wrote:

My current gear. I donno, but after a couple of hours playing with BoR I am starting to think, that I lost a lot of armor and, especially, resists because of that

I donno wats wrong with mana. Maybe because of lags after patch some hits do not register, but counts in mana? I expirience that weird situation hiting mods 1-2 second with no effect and then little teleport too often.

Lantan, first, with BoR you lose the resist on a helm and chest. That puts a lot of strain on your rings and gloves to have massive resistances. (Expensive)

You can go the route I took (see current gear) relatively cheaply and get more block and spell block plus easier to cap resists. Just a thought. Won't really lose DPS from BoR because you can then afford to get physical damage on rings and gloves because you won't need godly tri-resists there (can't have everything).

As to mana, if you are using melee splash with it's 160% multiplier you won't be able to keep up. That's why I always recommended a skill with built-in AOE, then you won't have any mana problems. LGoH is an offender too (150%), so I use a claw which has leech on it. I'm not afraid to use a flask now and then too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info