[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Rizzophrenic wrote:
Can someone explain the thought process behind levelling cast when damage taken to level 2 exactly ?

Sure! I need enduring cry to cast as often as possible. The lower level CWDT is, the more often it casts. Level 1 is fine, but I thought that level 2 would be good so that Molten Shell can be leveled to 8 instead of 7. Little more armour. Negligible differences though, I just needed something to say, any CWDT setup 6 or under should be fine. (6-7 is where the trigger damage taken starts to go up more per level)
Hmm, I had another question I forgot to ask.

Sovyn, how important are those shoes you have on? I've seen them selling around for at least 3ex which sounds kind of overkill for this. The only really handy stat is the block to spell convert.

But, I was thinking that if I keep the Stone of Lazhwar and combine it with the 60% block to spell shield, I have spell block capped anyway.

How important is the anvil for our survivability?

At lvl 71, I am able to facetank anything that kole and piety have to offer easy with this gear:

Spoiler

The only thing that I need here is more spell block (currently 48% - would do that with the shield) and hp. I have exactly 3khp with this gear on lvl 71. It feels kind of low. Well, Kole for now hits the most (didn't try to stand in front of vaal smash yet tho) and if he crits I still have 200-300 life to spare and together with leech and a pot I can heal up to full like instantly.

Will have to swap the weapon soon aswell, tho I'm not doing too bad right now, on full life (if I switch the reduced mana for added phys dmg on full life) with hatred I sit at 10k dps with reave.

Block: capped
spell block: 48%
ele res: capped
eva: 43% with grace
dmg reduction: 40% without determination
"
Sparkl wrote:

Sovyn, how important are those shoes you have on? I've seen them selling around for at least 3ex which sounds kind of overkill for this. The only really handy stat is the block to spell convert.

Rainbowstride + rathpith + anvil overcaps your block to 78, provides armor and raises your spell block to (up to) 76%. I paid 25c for my rainbowstride. I got a good deal. You need patience and some negotiating skills to get good deals. There are plenty for sale at 1ex (32c roughly) and a few under though. The trick would be to get a 25% one. One tip - big difference between asking prices and "selling for". Another tip, try the guys that don't have a buyout.

As to whether it's better than SoL + Rathpith + BoR, I think it is because you get a little higher block and don't have to use a BoR (because you have 10% on the anvil to make up for the relatively low block on rathpith). So, it's easier to max resists, and certainly cheaper than legacy BoR by a bunch.

Spell block at cap is only important for certain endgame bosses. All are skippable, so it's up to you really. I wanted to be able to do 'em.
Hmm cool. Well will consider that.

Am btw, I just got myself this:

Cool thing, though only raised my dps for around 2kDPS. I expected more. Paid for it 1 ex.

One thing I was wondering... with melee dps on full life and hatred, I now get 12k dps on reave.

How did you get yours up to 16k? Does the added ele dmg on your claw really make that much of a difference?

Plus I was wondering: How in earth do you manage your mana? :P I have 47 mana available when I run hatred + grace and with melee on full my reave sucks 42 mana per use. 1 little desync etc and I have to autoattack or use mana pot. Quite annoying especially when you desync a little and have to pot and I loose a whole lot of life leech. That's why I'm running a reduced mana gem, brings my mana consumption to 24 which is the sweetspot for me right now. But then, I loose a ton of dps, reducing it at 8.5k dps... :/
Hey Spark, thanks for the tips. I actually have a pendarus shield and that stone of lazhuar lying around with my stash, I'll use them now. Actually played around with my character a little bit and I got his DPS to about 4k (mind you im lvl 73 so that's still probs too low) and my res are all around 50% or over. Managed to sort out my mana issues with the DPS raise, but thanks for letting me know that elemental damage does not add to leech. My sword I'm using is a unqiue vaal blade, but over half of my dps comes from elemental so I'm sure that's my problem. I guess I just need to find a good weapon and all my issues will be sorted.

"
Sparkl wrote:
How did you get yours up to 16k? Does the added ele dmg on your claw really make that much of a difference?

Plus I was wondering: How in earth do you manage your mana? :P I have 47 mana available when I run hatred + grace and with melee on full my reave sucks 42 mana per use. 1 little desync etc and I have to autoattack or use mana pot. Quite annoying especially when you desync a little and have to pot and I loose a whole lot of life leech. That's why I'm running a reduced mana gem, brings my mana consumption to 24 which is the sweetspot for me right now. But then, I loose a ton of dps, reducing it at 8.5k dps... :/

Well, my claw has 86 dps fire damage on it on top of the physical. While it's not multiplied by anything, it helps a little bit, how much I don't know. My gloves have both flat physical and more importantly 14% attack speed, which is a big boost.... one ring has a good physical roll too. Lastly, I have a 24% rustic sash. I also am using a 6-link. Levels help too because we take some damage nodes in the early 80s. Each of these things helps a little. If you are using BoR you should be able to beat my 16K DPS at least until I get my gems' quality up.

Mana: I have 86? mana remaining because I have a level 19 reduced mana on my auras. I have mana regen on rings. I have 2% mana leech. 86 or whatever mana is plenty to cycle the skill two times, which is the threshold of being able to easily sustain constant attacks, barring 50-100% reduced mana regen map mod, where blood magic support (don't forget to level one) is used temporarily instead of the melee damage on full life/added fire damage.
Well indeed, but both my rings also bring phys dmg, gloves aswell + 9% att speed, and bor is basically a 7 link, minus blind = 6 link, so I can incorporate the same gems as you do.

The fire ele should raise things up, but not for 4k? :P Or maybe, who knows...

"
Sparkl wrote:

The fire ele should raise things up, but not for 4k? :P Or maybe, who knows...

I think you will see your dps go up as you level up and get some more levels on those gems and goodies on the passive skill tree. :) Your damage sounds fine for your level though.

PS Don't forget to quality that claw....
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 30, 2014, 9:32:13 PM
Oh shoot, forgot to quality my claw... well, damn. :P

Edit: Well, q20 on claw with all the gems brought me up to 14.5k dps on reave :)

Awesome! Now I just need to get some dmg nodes...

264 pDPS now...
Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 30, 2014, 11:42:27 PM
Finally got time to try this build again.

I'm Level 67 now and the build works fine so far. I died only once while tripple facetanking dominus lighting throw :D
Resists are capped, block at 69 (need some levels). dps with hatred is around 10.5 k. My only worry is my hp pool so far. I'm sitting on 3,2k, maybe 4k with more levels but I'm not sure if this is enough later on.

Have you tried Added fire instead of melee dmg when full hp? Or are you really always on full hp? Furthermore, does reave beat heavy strike in clearing speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info