[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Snayperskaya wrote:
Think you could help me out with a duelist tree?

Something like this: Link
"
Arish wrote:
pls explain, how much your amulet(anvil i meany) recover life for blocks and so high spell block? Are u can, literally, stay afk with him and not be killed?

No, it helps but not OP like that. Mostly use anvil for +3 block cap and 10 block. Armour is nice too.
"
Sparkl wrote:

Though I see I will need to invest in a better claw/something. What do you suggest I look for?

Here are 48 claws for sale real cheap that are much better than that 82 dps claw you are using -

http://poe.xyz.is/search/inisasugamokoh

There's even a few over 185 dps there....
"
Arish wrote:

So as i see - The Anvil rocks with this build and with 10% SBlock from witch it may be much better that SoL - right?

Anvil + Rathpith Globe + Rainbowstride is very powerful with this build for the endgame bosses. The trio allows for max and then some to both block and spell block so you can tank a flurry of spells and attacks. Before the endgame bosses, all sorts of different gear works just fine. You can see in my Dominus video that his lightning stream does nothing to me, just for example.
What's your opinion
about the "Atziri's Mirror Golden Buckler" Instead of something like the "Crest of Perandus"?
"
DuoCores wrote:
What's your opinion
about the "Atziri's Mirror Golden Buckler" Instead of something like the "Crest of Perandus"?

Atziri's Mirror has 12% less block, so that's a lot more nodes one would need, or one would have to use pricier uniques like BoR. I don't think its curse reflection is anything special. The resists and evasion are nice.

Would not use over Crest.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 27, 2014, 8:51:21 PM
"
Sparkl wrote:
Though I see I will need to invest in a better claw/something. What do you suggest I look for?

I have a ~170dps claw sitting in the bank you can have if you want, IGN is Heretictoc. Think I've also got a couple of pairs of slitherpinches in the guild bank if you want one of those as well. I play on Aus times so it might be a bit difficult getting in touch.

Also, woohoo, 314 (mostly pdps) new claw makes clearing a hell of a lot faster...

Also, been looking in to crafting and while some might be aware of this, it seems that most of the mods lazy pallies care about (+min/max phys dmg, +%phys dmg and +%phys dmg & accuracy) are all prefixes and are shared with elemental damage prefixes and leeches. This is important if you've got a weapon with spare slots on it that you might consider exalting.

http://www.poemods.com/index.php?item_type=claw

You can only have 3 prefixes, and 3 suffixes. The only suffix I really care about is weapon speed, the other two are filler (+life on hit is nice though). Prefixes, to get the best bang for buck, you need the three I listed earlier and a min ilvl on the item of 77 to roll the highest tiers in all 4.

So just be aware when buying weapons with only 3-4 mods on with the idea of exalting a few extra tasty stats, the thing might already be as good as it can get...

This is a good example (despite being a chest):

Ostensibly 3, but it's actually 4, and all 3 suffixes have been filled. (http://www.poemods.com/index.php?item_type=chest)

Local evasion rating
Local Evasion Rating +%
Local Evasion Rating +% / Base Stun Recovery +%
Base Stun Recovery +%

It's a good candidate for a divine though, because it's +evasion rating sits low in the range (320-400, actual value = 329), where the % values have much smaller ranges of change.

edit: Oh yeah, there might be a bug with the shield crafting currently where you can double apply +% to evasion, eg.

You can see 2x +% evasion, which shouldn't be possible, but would allow for significant improvement in an evasion shield with a high rating and a spare affix slot.
Last edited by Saviourself on Aug 27, 2014, 11:31:56 PM
"
Saviourself wrote:

Also, woohoo, 314 (mostly pdps) new claw makes clearing a hell of a lot faster...

Congrats on your new claw, Saviourself! Yes, a good weapon makes all the difference....
I have also managed to step out of the temporary crisis :)

Level 60 atm, things are starting to look much better.
Block is almost capped now (with the crest of perandus ofc), spell block is halfway. Ever since I connected IC with CWDT (along with molten shell and enduring cry) I feel a lot more tankier.

I solved the claw problem by looking at my existing claw and figuring it has great potential to be upgraded at the hideout. So I upgraded it like this:

Now I have 2.1k phys DPS which is finally enough to leech effectively. Now I can really enjoy the tankiness of this build on merciless. Will have to see how it does on act 3 though. Will be a nice challenge I guess :)
Oh and btw, for fellow templars, I have a few interesting items:

These two items are quite nice for leveling aswell.
If anyone needs them, contact me ingame - IGN: RageAgainstTheMachinery - and we can work it out.

Saviourself:

After thinking, I would actually need slitherpinch so I can try to replace the claws with the sword (higher dps) but maintain the same leech %.

If we meet ingame we can talk :)
Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 27, 2014, 11:57:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info