[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
archzin wrote:

so far enjoying reave which suits this build the most.

Thanks for the update, archzin! Nice gear you have on. I see you use the weapon switch. I considered that but I went the lazier and perhaps slightly safer method of maxing both types of block. :)

Glad your DPS is up, probably around 20k I'm guessing. Physical is so much better sometimes too.
"
Route1 wrote:
anyone know if the upcoming tree changes will affect the templar area in any major way?

Not that I have heard, but if the past is any indication, there will be some minor change to break the tree, and the build will still work fine with very minor adjustments.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kojack37 wrote:
Hey man, just want to say thanks.

I see you use one technique to move quickly, but I usually just get stuck doing groundslam til I'm dead.

Hi Kojack37 :) You're welcome!

Once you have some life leech, seething/bubbling flasks, and whirling blades or leap slam combined with faster attack support (2-link) and a fast weapon, you will be able to get around much better. You can invest in 30% movement speed boots, but I find that you can save your currency and just use a movement skill instead, so that you can get the resists and defenses you really need on the boots at a cost you can afford. It does take a little practice to use a movement skill due to items in the static environment blocking you in the game.

Thanks for the info! I actually mistook your whirling blades for cyclone and despite my mistake, it worked. My cyclone with the life on hit support gem allowed me to wither down the boss' shield enough to take it down! Now my main task is to find better gear, especially a shield and weapon (although your crafted shield does the trick so far!)

Gonna keep going on this using a mace and groundslam
"
Kojack37 wrote:

Ok! Try to find a fast mace though. Also, hopefully ground slam's mana cost willl be lowered in the mini-expansion so you won't have so much trouble with 5L (4 dmg supports) and 2 auras. Reave is fine, but lower mana cost than GS.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kojack37 wrote:

Ok! Try to find a fast mace though. Also, hopefully ground slam's mana cost willl be lowered in the mini-expansion so you won't have so much trouble with 5L (4 dmg supports) and 2 auras. Reave is fine, but lower mana cost than GS.

That's fair. I do find that groundslam's mana cost is going up and it's going to be a problem. I've actually linked my cyclone to life on hit and blood magic and I've been able to use that to beat the final bosses in cruel and make it to merciless, but I feel I'm going to hit a wall soon. I may just follow you and find a reave gem while going claw or another weapon, mace got me this far but it may not be enough. Once again, thanks for the reply and info!
if this is the new tree, every build is going to be changed a lot.

Spoiler
http://web.poe.garena.tw/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA

if any of u can read Chinese please translate it. :P

What i have noticed:

+2% Max resistance clusters are gone.

All 8-10%life nodes are 5-6%

Athleticism also has: 5% increased effects of buffs :D

Some life nodes have additional 2-5% modifiers that i can't read. :P

Shield clusters positioning has changed and totally wastes points in top ..... bad for us :(
Life+ chaos res cluster on the top is gone. but better news is they are now included in 4life circle that are with Holy strength passive currently..... huge boost for chaos resist though 20% chaos resist with life nodes woohoo :D

Bulwark passive is now: "4% additional Chance to Block with Shields","50% increased Energy Shield from equipped Shield"

Thick skin is now: 10% increased maximum Life + 8% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments

Remember those little one handed nodes below Resolute technique - Not worth taking anymore :(

Onder's Guile is now one point closer XD

Many more --- good or bad yet to be speculated, but one thing is confirmed that we are getting more life as we level (currently +8max life per level). Read Chris mentioning this on Reddit forums:

Not related, but shadow, Scion and Witch area looks totally revamped :O

Fingers crossed dudes.

I will study further. I have taken a small break from office :D :P
POEBUILDER has the new tree up at the moment
"
Robilar wrote:
POEBUILDER has the new tree up at the moment

Thanks for letting me know. The only annoying thing I see is that the spell block has been moved from the templar area over to the witch area, forcing an untenable travel route if one wants to max out spell block as I have done. I suppose I'll just have to be happy with 67% chance to block spells instead of 76%. Boo.

Other than that, looks workable.
Here is the initial go at it for the 1.2 build.

Gaining some good damage/speed. Life nodes do not look particularly appealing now, but I did take some of the best ones. Total Life should remain about the same as the 1.5 build despite fewer life nodes.

Still peeved about losing the spell block. :)
New video today - first time I've done a Torture Chamber map - boss was defeated no problem. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5-thbkUMA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info