[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Loving this build!!!! So far I've gotten up to level 49. Can't wait for your progression builds to come out!!!!
"
Loving this build!!!! So far I've gotten up to level 49. Can't wait for your progression builds to come out!!!!

Soon, my friend :)
Added the progression builds for 1.2.0.
Hi, just coming back to PoE and hoping to make a mace/shield Templar using Glacial Hammer as the main attack (my Shadow uses Reave and want to try something new).

I seen a brief mention of GH in your main post. How viable do you think GH is end game and what support gems do you think would work best with GH? What problems might running GH instead of Reave cause end game? Also would the recommended talent tree need tweaked any for GH or should it work well as is? Something about enemies shattering that I really like :D
IGN: Daemak
I walked the GH (great single target dps, still use it time to time) road but lacked AoE that any build in this game needs imo. You might wanna consider some skill that has the ability to take down many bogies at the same time.
"
2ndHouse wrote:
Hi, just coming back to PoE and hoping to make a mace/shield Templar using Glacial Hammer as the main attack

Ground slam and use the build as-is.

If you really want to try GH, perhaps use with melee splash + blood magic support. After that, elemental proliferation, multistrike, cold penetration for the 6L. A fast mace will make it less dull. :) (but Doryani's Catalyst is a popular choice.) You could grab Catalyse for two points rather than a couple of the melee damage nodes (untested). Best wishes.
Surprisingly, i got more life, more dps, more evasion, somewhat same armor (even after the chest armor nerf), less mana consumption and more life regen with the new passive skill tree :D. The loss of spell block and 2% max res does not impact me that much as i have taken different route of using alternate weapon switch to use my saffels!! Yay!!!

My recent passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEswkzC2EQ8BK8FFIVIBkuGjgbrRv6I00j9iXfJ-0qTSzpMgk1kjbpOtg94j8nQDZBdERySO5KfUrITZJN2E99UWBT31b6WNtZ818_ZU1mnmebZ6BsFmxGbmluqnJscql2K3fXeA15aHzZfuJ_K4BWgIqBb4TEhNmHGYd2jHaQVZuDnjygtKIAo4qkGaeEqW6sqqyvr6K0-bXyt9O-ir6nwA_AGsEEw4bRNtJN1I_WitfL2L3dDeIs42rkUeeR7DjuDvAf8lrzBvdN-tL7qvxL_MU=

cheers all. Happy grinding.
Last edited by archzin on Aug 21, 2014, 9:05:46 AM
Well this build is rly cool i like it a lot and its rly good that is newbie friendly but i saw taht there were some nodes that were taken that give accuracy and crit which u dont need since we are using Resolute Technique so i tried insipred by this build to tweek it a little :D let me see what u guys think about it btw i am a newebie player :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAUTQSzgzjvfIFvnjxN2DrY7DgaOKeEkFXAGlnzrKpyqXzZZp760n7igFZPfVFgNunjah0Uj0aboffXrJg6WFXGg9sEB0yzKw1CS4XF374n7cT2PC2X_igqm2pnm-RR-6qgtPMGxq63Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzGetfJuqkrIPycqTRUg0TYJM-IsLOndDfzFZ6CHdkp9Vvp3138r1oq3F1z5ZFo4lu4Oo4pMYASxlWbXy7fTPeJI7niul5VSUz1fX8rd0V4fDPfp1alueA2-igHcpBkb-iXfhNlY21Pfm4Osr-eR
"
shadoworb wrote:
ut i saw taht there were some nodes that were taken that give accuracy and crit which u dont need since we are using Resolute Technique

.. Swift Precision is 8% attack speed which provides a lot of DPS, the rest of what it offers is irrelevant. I'd take it if it were just the 8%. So I did. :)

Edit, I decided to analyze your build out of courtesy. Unfortunately, it is low on life and dps, and too much block. There some nodes not taken that are obvious must haves and others that are taken that are not that good when the math is done properly. Sorry to bring bad news.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 21, 2014, 2:28:19 PM
I just wanted to take a second and thank you so much for this guide. As a newer player, it's a wonderful resource and very well done. And thanks for the quick 1.2 progression update! I am having a blast with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info