[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

New proposed build for 1.2. link

This gives up some damage vs. the prior posted 1.2 build, but gains AOE radius and spell block. I think the damage should be in line with current 1.1.5 build (around 15-20k) but with a bit bigger radius making for more efficient clears. Another plus is not having to worry about getting much intelligence from gear.
First I would like to say I love this build, I have 7.5k dps without hatred at level 76 and 65/51 block. I am glad your updating it for 1.2, are you going to post not only the build but the leveling progression with the new build too? Thanks man you helped me survive POE on my first character.
"
RangerDanger wrote:
are you going to post not only the build but the leveling progression with the new build too? Thanks man you helped me survive POE on my first character.

You're welcome, RangerDanger! Yes, I always (so far!) update with all new progression builds. Waiting for the official site to update the skill tree as I don't particularly want to link off site to poebuilder for the guide trees.
Cool things ahead! This thread saved my 1st PoE char also as a self found player. Just wanted to say thanks again.
Would you recommend this build for a first character on new league? For cheap farming, leveling and mapping purposes.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
RangerDanger wrote:
are you going to post not only the build but the leveling progression with the new build too? Thanks man you helped me survive POE on my first character.

You're welcome, RangerDanger! Yes, I always (so far!) update with all new progression builds. Waiting for the official site to update the skill tree as I don't particularly want to link off site to poebuilder for the guide trees.

Great build, I love toe-to-toe melee and this guy looks fun!

Question: Any merit in trying to pick up some elemental/fire and concentrating on Molten Strike as main attack skill? Maybe swap out some 1h phys for fire, or forego the Witch "Area Dmg" cluster in favor of more fire dmg? Just curious what you think...I will be using your template as the basis for my Templar I think.
"
LostBearz wrote:
Would you recommend this build for a first character on new league? For cheap farming, leveling and mapping purposes.

Sure, but it's not going to be fast clearing until you get a nice weapon, like with any melee.
"
Halezor wrote:

Question: Any merit in trying to pick up some elemental/fire and concentrating on Molten Strike as main attack skill?

Molten strike did not measure up in my testing in the endgame. Investing nodes toward that would be a waste IMO.
Guide updated for 1.2.0. Will start work on progression builds soon.
Although certainly debatable, I decided to take 7% life and 1% cap fire res over 8 chaos res. So, the tree has been tweaked again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info