[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Well, you are only 1330 reave DPS now, should be no problem to get to 6000 with that weapon when you are level 80 or so. And that's before hatred.

Maybe you will find a few decent yellow items (rings, boots, gloves) to mix and match your resists to max. I did, but I farmed a while and am self found, so that's a slower approach. Don't forget to keep your eye out for giveaways or new threads selling cheap that appear occasionally on the forums as well.

DERP, I had been forgetting to level up Hatred haha. Well, with Hatred on, my DPS is around 1700 (at level 52).

Act I Merc has begun, still going pretty good. I died for a third time after I got cocky and tried to fight Hailrake and 20 of his cannibal buddies (level 58 area), but oh well.

I think my variant build will really come together in Merciless. So far I spent a lot of nodes nabbing all the good stuff in Duelistland, and traveling to Marauderland and Rangerland. Now I'm at Ondar's Guile, the good Ranger Block nodes, and am 3 nodes away from the good Marauder ish.

In any case, I'm also started running a parallel Templar (that copies your build exactly) in Ambush, where I don't have any money at all.

Anyways, while we're on the subject of losing money:

Lost 2 Chaos worth of Alt Orbs (and Augments) trying to roll a Reflexes suffix, fortunately I got Ample right after that with my next Augment. Also was a pain getting the Baubles together. But it should make it pretty easy to facetank Merc Brutus (and Kole, when the time comes).

EDIT: Merc Brutus dead, I just stood there hitting him and didn't drop below half health the whole time. I think there's something to this build.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 18, 2014, 8:33:48 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
EDIT: Merc Brutus dead, I just stood there hitting him and didn't drop below half health the whole time. I think there's something to this build.

Wait till you try a map "Emanant x of hordes" (ie. shitloads of ranged mobs)...

Three things occur:

1. You're like a kid at christmas, ranged mobs have low HP and you mow them down like crazy
2. You take almost no damage. Turn off determination and fire up hatred!
3. Every object standing out of the environment will be absolutely coated in arrows/spikes/stuff in a nice line parallel to the ground.

So far, the only things I can't easily dispatch are a couple of the new Vaal bosses and merc Dominous/map variants on Dominous, although I think my new boots combined with slitherpinches and replacing mana leech on my five link with faster attacks might finally see the prick fall.
"
Saviourself wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Three things occur:

1. You're like a kid at christmas, ranged mobs have low HP and you mow them down like crazy
3. Every object standing out of the environment will be absolutely coated in arrows/spikes/stuff in a nice line parallel to the ground.

So far, the only things I can't easily dispatch are a couple of the new Vaal bosses and merc Dominous/map variants on Dominous, although I think my new boots combined with slitherpinches and replacing mana leech on my five link with faster attacks might finally see the prick fall.

Yeah, Dominus is just a pain for melee players imo. Oh well, we will overcome.

In any case, I'm now overcapped on resists in Merc, and while I'll lose some of that when I swap out my helmet/chest for BoR, I think I should be fine overall. This belt (a gift from one of my friends) is really helpful.

Also, I pretty much always run -60% Chaos Resist (not out of choice), so I've been crafting up an Amethyst Flask for use against Chaos enemies. My progress so far:

Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 18, 2014, 11:32:14 PM
"
Saviourself wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Three things occur:

I saw the goat boss in one of the corrupted areas and was wondering how the hell can any melee characters fight his 1 billion fireball fork spam. My searing bond build couldn't even kill him.
"
Abelos wrote:
This is probably the most comprehensive guide I have come across for a build, kudos to Sovyn for putting it together.

So far, I have leveled my Lazy Pally to 66, and its rather enjoyable. Right now I am farming the Docks for a couple more levels, then move on to Piety farm runs while I build my stockpile of maps.

You're welcome, Abelos!

It will be hard to replace your current shield on the cheap, unless you go for Crest (for the max block). Anvil or BoR would fill out the block with your current shield, which would be decent.

Might want to shoot for a bit more life on gear for the maps over level 67-ish. Some maps are much easier than others though, so even some of the high maps would be doable, just not all of them. Need 'great' gear to do them all (not skipping bosses). If you pick and choose what maps and mods to do, you don't have to play path of trading. :)

The claw looks pretty decent.
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Act I Merc has begun, still going pretty good. I died for a third time after I got cocky and tried to fight Hailrake and 20 of his cannibal buddies (level 58 area), but oh well.

Hailrake has killed lots of people, probably more than any other boss.

Nice flask!

Grats on Brutus, we seem to be very strong vs. him. (many have commented)
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I saw the goat boss in one of the corrupted areas and was wondering how the hell can any melee characters fight his 1 billion fireball fork spam. My searing bond build couldn't even kill him.

Not sure if you know or not, probably, but just in case, any spell caster is easily defeated with this build if you swap to spell block uniques. Rathpith Globe, Saffell's Frame, Rainbowstride, Stone of Lazhwar. Stack two or more.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Not sure if you know or not, probably, but just in case, any spell caster is easily defeated with this build if you swap to spell block uniques. Rathpith Globe, Saffell's Frame, Rainbowstride, Stone of Lazhwar. Stack two or more.

Yeah but that fireball spam. I literally saw a long chain of fireballs from that boss and the fireballs splitting again, that was ridiculous as hell for anyone who doesn't have at least a Stone of Lazhwar.
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Mar 19, 2014, 3:15:26 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Nice flask!

Heh, thanks.

Level 60, a3m has begun. For some reason, Vaal Oversoul was quite a pain, moreso than in any other build I've run. I kept losing large amounts of HP against him for no discernible reason. I actually died twice :(. I have no idea why this is or what's going on. Is there a source of Physical Spell damage somewhere?
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Nice flask!

Heh, thanks.

Level 60, a3m has begun. For some reason, Vaal Oversoul was quite a pain, moreso than in any other build I've run. I kept losing large amounts of HP against him for no discernible reason. I actually died twice :(. I have no idea why this is or what's going on. Is there a source of Physical Spell damage somewhere?

Are you avoiding his smash attack? When I was using this build I never touched the pot when I was fighting him in A3M.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info