[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Stupid flicker-strike mobs. RIP lvl 32 Hardcore Lazy Pally
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Are you avoiding his smash attack? When I was using this build I never touched the pot when I was fighting him in A3M.

I could swear that I was, though I did get hit by Lightning a few times. I think most of my damage was coming from falling rocks or something.

In any case, I'm at Gravicius now, his Arcmages are being a pain. Fortunately, I managed to craft this thing, which should serve until BoR. Not the best chest, but it will have to do.

Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 19, 2014, 10:58:32 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Are you avoiding his smash attack? When I was using this build I never touched the pot when I was fighting him in A3M.

I could swear that I was, though I did get hit by Lightning a few times. I think most of my damage was coming from falling rocks or something.

In any case, I'm at Gravicius now, his Arcmages are being a pain. Fortunately, I managed to craft this thing, which should serve until BoR. Not the best chest, but it will have to do.

Those women and their lightning damage. :/ Not sure if wearing a Stone of Lazhar will help though. I just mooched off my lightning arrow friend during that whole battlefront quests since he was able to spam his lightning arrow and take them out quickly, not a fan of that area.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Those women and their lightning damage. :/ Not sure if wearing a Stone of Lazhar will help though. I just mooched off my lightning arrow friend during that whole battlefront quests since he was able to spam his lightning arrow and take them out quickly, not a fan of that area.

Heh well, I did some mooching myself. I beat Grav on my own without dying, but in Piety, I set up a party (because I was only 62). I got some level 90 dude doing a Blender build with Soultaker and Cyclone who carried me and 3 other dudes past Piety.

I went back to try to see if I could solo Kole. I facetanked and beat him without even using Temporal Chains.

Though it's not all good news. I wanted to see what an Exalt Orb would do to my Amulet, if it could make it good. Well...

It's usable at least.

EDIT: Soloed Piety for fun, she was a joke even when I was just level 63. Died twice in her temple due to crazy desyncs.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 20, 2014, 1:52:34 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Heh well, I did some mooching myself. I beat Grav on my own without dying, but in Piety, I set up a party (because I was only 62). I got some level 90 dude doing a Blender build with Soultaker and Cyclone who carried me and 3 other dudes past Piety.

I went back to try to see if I could solo Kole. I facetanked and beat him without even using Temporal Chains.

Though it's not all good news. I wanted to see what an Exalt Orb would do to my Amulet, if it could make it good. Well...

It's usable at least.

Piety is so easy with this build that it's kinda ridiculous. My gear in the previous league:

I don't really play him anymore after he was moved to standard league, now I'm just farming in Ambush to make an awesome tanky templar. And yeah, I was wearing MF gear to farm Piety and maps with this build. 2ez.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

I don't really play him anymore after he was moved to standard league, now I'm just farming in Ambush to make an awesome tanky templar. And yeah, I was wearing MF gear to farm Piety and maps with this build. 2ez.

Lol dude, your gear is amazing haha. How expensive was it?
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 20, 2014, 2:06:05 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Lol dude, your gear is amazing haha. How expensive was it?

You're not going to believe it, but most of it was self found and lucky Chaos rolls. The only thing I traded for was that gold ring.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
You're not going to believe it, but most of it was self found and lucky Chaos rolls. The only thing I traded for was that gold ring.

You've been sucking the RNG out of the server lolol...

EDIT: Speaking of RNG, thanks Chest!

Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 20, 2014, 6:38:45 PM
On the good news front, managed to trade for this little beauty to finally move to a reave build...

294 dps (admittedly, not pure, but wth) for 2 fricking chaos...

Using my 5 link with conc effect has resulted in a sickening increase in DPS over cleave and my old 304 dps axe...

The biggest problem? Unlike cleave (or heavy strike), when you stall due to an extra attack that hits no one (desync or just overenthusiastic shift clicking)causing a lack of mana, you just stand there rather than doing your default physical attack... Be nice if any melee attack would default back to a standard hit to take advantage of any % mana drain items you have.

Tested this with 2% mana drain and no mana leech and it wasn't enough to keep up.

I'm looking at a cheap strat for spellcaster bosses, rathpith globe + stone of laz = close to 100% of block chance applied to spells. Even losing block down to 30% on the shield, you're looking at a 65-70% spellblock. Combined with overcapped resists, hopefully this should help in the one place I'm weak, against heavy spell damage bosses...

It ain't aegis aurora by any stretch of the imagination, but it should work... =\

ps. Ya lucky bastard getting an exalt, I still haven't seen a single one. Even wearing my 'lucky hat'.

"
Saviourself wrote:

ps. Ya lucky bastard getting an exalt, I still haven't seen a single one. Even wearing my 'lucky hat'.

Not so lucky given what happened to it. I was trying to craft a shield, and I had excellent life and decent resist rolls on it, so I thought I could Exalt it and get lucky with a +Eva roll, making it an excellent shield.

"Block and Stun Recovery."

I guess a noob like me learned a harsh lesson over these few days: Exalts are for saving, not for using.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 20, 2014, 8:39:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info