[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

FINALLY managed to get a decent sword for 18 Chaos.

DPS with Reave instead of Melee Splash stayed about the same, but I now got more reach so that's even more survivability...nice effect! Plus no more mana problems.

With this build, it seems like I really don't do much moving around (compared to, let's say, the Fireball Witch I was playing beforehand). So I'm really thinking about getting that Anvil amulet to enhance my standing in the mid of crowds hacking away without any strategy...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:

DPS with Reave instead of Melee Splash stayed about the same, but I now got more reach so that's even more survivability...nice effect! Plus no more mana problems.

With this build, it seems like I really don't do much moving around (compared to, let's say, the Fireball Witch I was playing beforehand). So I'm really thinking about getting that Anvil amulet to enhance my standing in the mid of crowds hacking away without any strategy...

As an anvil owner, I can honestly tell you, save your currency. I generally only use the stone of laz or my itemfind farming neckie, there's very few melee mobs that I worry enough about to actually bother with the anvil. The downsides (slower run, slower attack etc) aren't balanced by the extra block/and the tiny amount of damage provided by the thorns effect.

If you find a good stats/dps neck, you'll get more bang for buck when you're not wearing stone of laz.
Level 49, about halfway through Act 3 Cruel. Reave DPS is 1330. Was using Mightflay until I used one of my twinked Rapiers.

Died twice to Cruel Vaal, though that was because I got lazy and stood inside his lightning. Haven't died besides that.

Once I get to Bringer, my DPS will skyrocket.

I brought this for 30 chaos as a sword to use until I get to endgame. I overpaid, but honestly I was desperate to buy something, and all the other sellers were on Invasion or Ambush and didn't want to trade on standard, or just weren't responding.

This is why I hate trading.

I have less than 2 Exalts of liquid wealth remaining, and I don't think I'll have enough for what I need for mapping. I think I'll have to run Purity of Elements until I can get some better rings when I get to Merciless. And because I can't find a seller, I may just need to build my own shield with Trans/Aug/Alt/Regal/Exalt.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 18, 2014, 12:35:45 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Level 49, about halfway through Act 3 Cruel. Reave DPS is 1330. Was using Mightflay until I used one of my twinked Rapiers.

Died twice to Cruel Vaal, though that was because I got lazy and stood inside his lightning. Haven't died besides that.

I brought this for 30 chaos as a sword to use until I get to endgame. I overpaid, but honestly I was desperate to buy something, and all the other sellers were on Invasion or Ambush and didn't want to trade on standard, or just weren't responding.

I have less than 2 Exalts of liquid wealth remaining, and I don't think I'll have enough for what I need for mapping. I think I'll have to run Purity of Elements until I can get some better rings when I get to Merciless. And because I can't find a seller, I may just need to build my own shield with Trans/Aug/Alt/Regal/Exalt.

Ouch, 1.3 exalts for that?

Umm, not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen when you hit 66. With the sort of gear you're talking about currently, you're miles ahead of the curve just having a BoR (even a non legacy).

This is my gear currently:

Spoiler

The axe (304 total DPS) and the chest were 2 exalts total, Stone of Laz was 1 chaos and the rest is self found. I clear maps fairly fast when running grace/hatred and using that crappy cleave (have a great heavy strike but trying to move away from it with melee splash being inefficient).

Not having a go at you mate, but if you're worried about performance with one of the best bits of kit in game for this build already under your belt, effectively a 7 link, you shouldn't be... =)
"
Saviourself wrote:
Ouch, 1.3 exalts for that?

Umm, not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen when you hit 66. With the sort of gear you're talking about currently, you're miles ahead of the curve just having a BoR (even a non legacy).

This is my gear currently:

Spoiler

The axe (304 total DPS) and the chest were 2 exalts total, Stone of Laz was 1 chaos and the rest is self found. I clear maps fairly fast when running grace/hatred and using that crappy cleave (have a great heavy strike but trying to move away from it with melee splash being inefficient).

Not having a go at you mate, but if you're worried about performance with one of the best bits of kit in game for this build already under your belt, effectively a 7 link, you shouldn't be... =)

Yeah I agree that I overpaid, but I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to sell on standard. Not a lot of sword suppliers, it seems.

In regards to the endgame and maps, I'm just a bit scared after my GS Mara faceplanted (though some of that was because 1.1 made him lose a bunch of health).
This guide is awesome :D

My gear atm!

Spoiler

"
scrooge999 wrote:

The increased range that reave gives you means you clear more efficiently. DPS tooltip has little to do with your actual time efficiency. Also, people pay dozens of exalts to solve their mana problems with a soul taker, so looks like you did really well.

Don't forget to use whirling blades to hop between packs for even more efficiency. You can forget about needing movement speed on boots if you get the technique down well (mostly have to be careful with doorways).
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Well, you are only 1330 reave DPS now, should be no problem to get to 6000 with that weapon when you are level 80 or so. And that's before hatred.

Maybe you will find a few decent yellow items (rings, boots, gloves) to mix and match your resists to max. I did, but I farmed a while and am self found, so that's a slower approach. Don't forget to keep your eye out for giveaways or new threads selling cheap that appear occasionally on the forums as well.
"
tyvar1 wrote:
This guide is awesome :D

My gear atm!

Glad you are enjoying!
This is probably the most comprehensive guide I have come across for a build, kudos to Sovyn for putting it together.

So far, I have leveled my Lazy Pally to 66, and its rather enjoyable. Right now I am farming the Docks for a couple more levels, then move on to Piety farm runs while I build my stockpile of maps.

I was using an Axe prior to getting a claw weapon, I figured the implicit properties on the claw would not be wasted and I could get back to using reave. So far my DS and Reave dps are around 2900 each, so its respectable, single target dps may be a bit low, but when I get another Multistrike DS should jump to 3800.

I still cannot use grace and determination, but hopefully a couple more levels on my reduced mana gem will get me there.

I'm still poor so I am still looking to get items on the cheap. But this is what I have so far. I don't even have my Gem links straightened out yet.

Spoiler

Man, just alchemy'd this, almost perfect. Not sure what to do with it yet.
Last edited by Abelos on Mar 18, 2014, 10:09:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info