[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
yOmi26 wrote:
Hi,just wanted to ask,why are u investing 3 skill points in Berserking and not in Aspect of the panther.
Berserking and the 2 skills before gives u only 18% attack speed,
Aspect of the panther gives u much more.

Not really, it's been tested and it's a tie. Go with whichever you want, it won't hurt anything, but Berserking will help build up reave stacks faster which improves clearing times.
"
K0rrupted wrote:

This is an adapted version of your build that I'm using for a Sword Reave build, giving up Resolute Technique (though the Sword, extra Dex, and Finesse should cover some of that) and some block nodes (covered by BoR) in exchange for more life and damage, and starting as a Duelist. It still uses Ondar's Guile and max Block.

The problem is, giving up RT you will lose leech consistency which is required to run two auras. Your chance to hit will be about upper 80s-90% at best.
"
Polarization wrote:
Playing this, I'm at level 55, 1.7k HP in A3 merci and have 1.4k single-target and 570 AoE DPS. Any suggestions? I'm getting stunned a ton. This is what I'm using:

If you are getting stunned, you need more life. I see there is a lot of room for improvement on gear for life. Time to farm or become a merchant. :) Everyone has to make that decision, regardless of build. The game is not designed to play through Merciless without a bit of work.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

This is an adapted version of your build that I'm using for a Sword Reave build, giving up Resolute Technique (though the Sword, extra Dex, and Finesse should cover some of that) and some block nodes (covered by BoR) in exchange for more life and damage, and starting as a Duelist. It still uses Ondar's Guile and max Block.

The problem is, giving up RT you will lose leech consistency which is required to run two auras. Your chance to hit will be about upper 80s-90% at best.

That is a problem, and Mana Leech can let me get rid of Blood Magic on Reave for something allowing me even more power, I think.

Well, RT is only a couple points away, I can restructure the tree accordingly.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 16, 2014, 3:16:47 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
That is a problem, and Mana Leech can let me get rid of Blood Magic on Reave for something allowing me even more power, I think.

Since we don't crit anyway (5%) the extra DPS support gem will definitely increase your killing speed. lvl18 reduced mana (no quality needed, so it's cheap) linked to auras leaves enough mana to use the config I recommend nearly non-stop even with two 60% auras.
"
Polarization wrote:
Playing this, I'm at level 55, 1.7k HP in A3 merci and have 1.4k single-target and 570 AoE DPS. Any suggestions? I'm getting stunned a ton. This is what I'm using:

It looks like you're playing self-found...if you're not, it's definitely time to upgrade for the low price of a few Chaos. Your gear is not that bad, but you need at least one four-link for your main attack and some higher life rolls on your other items, plus some movement speed on your boots. If you're online, you can call me up @scroogetemplar and I'll hook you up with whatever I have for free (including a higher-DPS Axe if you don't want to go for Reave anyway, which would probably give you better DPS than Cleave if you already have a Sword). For comparison, at level 55 I had around 2.5k HP, and that's not much by any means.

I also definitely recommend putting Cast When Damage Taken (if you have it) into your gear, either with Enfeeble + Molten Shell + Enduring Cry (keep it relatively low-level) or with Immortal Call + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration (can go higher-level).

scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"

You should use reave instead of cleave which allow you to gain 30% dps.
You could looking for a 4 linked sockets item in order to use melee physical dmg with reave.
For the stun issue, you have two solutions. First take several life nodes, if the problem isn't solve that way, you have the "heart of oak" node which need to modify a bit your tree.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Since we don't crit anyway (5%) the extra DPS support gem will definitely increase your killing speed. lvl18 reduced mana (no quality needed, so it's cheap) linked to auras leaves enough mana to use the config I recommend nearly non-stop even with two 60% auras.

Right. Well, it's settled then. RNG in this game being what it is, I'll run Blood Magic until I can get some good mana leech gear, then spend like 4-5 respec points going into RT.
"
gilgameshsan wrote:
"

You should use reave instead of cleave which allow you to gain 30% dps.
You could looking for a 4 linked sockets item in order to use melee physical dmg with reave.
For the stun issue, you have two solutions. First take several life nodes, if the problem isn't solve that way, you have the "heart of oak" node which need to modify a bit your tree.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Polarization wrote:

If you are getting stunned, you need more life. I see there is a lot of room for improvement on gear for life. Time to farm or become a merchant. :) Everyone has to make that decision, regardless of build. The game is not designed to play through Merciless without a bit of work.

Great advice; I switched to reave, bought a multistrike and some +life gear, and picked up a couple life nodes and I'm sitting at 2.4k HP, 1.7k/800 DPS, and running both of my auras! I definitely feel a lot more survivable now. I also swapped out the amulet for a +life one I had lying around; I'll switch back when I run spell-heavy zones. Might pick up an Anvil if I can get some +movespeed boots.
Last edited by Polarization on Mar 17, 2014, 2:47:25 AM
"
yOmi26 wrote:
Hi,just wanted to ask,why are u investing 3 skill points in Berserking and not in Aspect of the panther.
Berserking and the 2 skills before gives u only 18% attack speed,
Aspect of the panther gives u much more.

4% Attack Speed vs 16% Phys Dmg, 10 Life and 4% Movement Speed - I would also choose the latter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info