[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

What's best in terms of gear for this, pure armor or armor/energy shield? I'm only level 22, but so far I've been going armor/energy shield.
best is armor evasion
energy shield besome good when you get aegis aurora
"
Radagastt wrote:
What's best in terms of gear for this, pure armor or armor/energy shield? I'm only level 22, but so far I've been going armor/energy shield.

What 1Waffle said, but you can use armour / ES as low level as you are, we get a couple of ES boosting nodes very early. By level 50 you will probably want to start thinking about getting your damage reduction and evade both around 40% on your character sheet.
Is a BoR the best next purchase for me?

Build

Running a 5L Reave build with multistrike, faster attacks, melee damage, and concentrated effect. Tooltip DPS is just shy of 9k.

Evasion is at 51%, armor is at 39%. Life is 3k. Maxed resists, -50% chaos.

Gear

If not a BoR, what would y'all recommend for me?
"
Bandray wrote:

Hi Bandray. :)

BoR is one option, or Aegis Aurora which is a different direction, but it's currently too good to not at least consider.

Or, there are 20% quality gems for your reave combo.

Or, I see you could replace one or even two of your mana leech items with something with more life and defense and flat physical damage / attack speed.

Or, your shield could be replaced with something with more life and 3%-4% more block to re-route a block node or two or max it finally.

The belt also looks worth tweaking up to 24% with a few blessed orbs.

Looks like you are in a pretty good place already, but at minimum some of the smaller tweaks I mentioned.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Bandray wrote:

Hi Bandray. :)

BoR is one option, or Aegis Aurora which is a different direction, but it's currently too good to not at least consider.

Or, there are 20% quality gems for your reave combo.

Or, I see you could replace one or even two of your mana leech items with something with more life and defense and flat physical damage / attack speed.

Or, your shield could be replaced with something with more life and 3%-4% more block to re-route a block node or two or max it finally.

The belt also looks worth tweaking up to 24% with a few blessed orbs.

Looks like you are in a pretty good place already, but at minimum some of the smaller tweaks I mentioned.

Thank you for the thoughtful response. What's your opinion on a 5L Carcass Jack for me? Am I giving up too much defense in exchange for damage?
"
Bandray wrote:

Thank you for the thoughtful response. What's your opinion on a 5L Carcass Jack for me? Am I giving up too much defense in exchange for damage?

Certainly possible, although it can be a little hard to roll the socket colors on that particular item. I'd hate to see your mitigation go lower though, so you would need to get some titan gloves / boots with high rolls (450++) armour each too. Which puts pressure on life and resists there. Better than BoR damage wise? Doubtful. As to overall area clearing efficiency due to increased area size, testing would be required I'm afraid. I'm doing a lot of combinations of skill/support gems in my testing project but don't own these uniques to give you a concrete answer which is better as I'm totally self found.
I 'crafted' that 5L evasion chest I found about 12 times with alchemy / scour, repeat and I did get several very high evasion rolls, but I was after life + resists, so I settled on this:

Ignore the gems, I just stuffed random ones into the sockets to make room in my inventory.

Now to re-roll the socket colors.

I'd say it's only slightly better than my prior 5-link chest, but that's how it goes.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
HUSOZERFICKER wrote:
So here, this is my equipment at Level 65, Nemesis :)

Docks - try Stone of Lazhwar - also, you should have Ondar's.

Damage - try reave and skip the blood magic - see combo in linked sockets section of the guide - you will need a sword/claw and higher level reduced mana for your auras. Also see new 120 point build, has a few pertinent damage nodes you could take sooner if desired.

Shield - whatever shield gives you minimum 40% evade 40% reduction will be fine - note that you can do it pretty easily with perandus, I see you already have actually, so nothing to see here. Actually, you can get up to 500-600+ armour per on your helm, boots and gloves, so you still have room to improve there. Note you don't have quality on helmet currently. If anything, save up for an Aegis Aurora rather than dabbling with sideways upgrades here.

Thanks for help, i'll try to do that. But I definitly won't be able to afford an Aegis, way too expensive for me. So I kinda need to buy either one of those "cheaper" shields soon.
Just beat normal difficulty with this build. There wasn't a single moment I was even close to death until I got a bit overwhelmed by zombies during the Dominus fight and had to portal to restore health/mana/flasks.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

Fortunately, from leveling other characters, I had all of the leveling uniques mentioned in the write-up of the build except the Brightbeak. Unfortunately, the Brightbeak seems to only be useful for a few levels, as it's starting to take longer than I'd like to kill stuff.

What do you guys think I need to start upgrading for gear? what's a good weapon (I'd like to stick with maces because I've been leveling ground slam)? How does my gem set-up look so far? Thanks for any advice!
Last edited by Radagastt on Jan 15, 2014, 9:12:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info