[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Xeneize wrote:
By the way, I use Weapon Elemental instead of Life Leech, that was there because I was in a BM map so I couldn't run any auras.

You should try Melee Damage on Full Life support instead. It's pretty crazy with Aegis.
"
Snayperskaya wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

What's your opinion on starting duelist?I notice you go within 3 nodes of the duelist start. The 4 nodes at the start of temp add up to 42% melee damage, whereas the 3 nodes starting duelist would add 30% damage and 1% life regen with an extra node (3 used instead of 4). This adds one extra point which can be used on "Fell the weak" +20% axe damage +10% armor. So the total would be:

Duelist:50% damage/1%life regen/10% armor

Temp:42% damage

Slightly better for min/maxing purposes, plus I just like the duelist as well. I feel as if he has a strong early game with access to more health nodes.

What is your opinion?

Hi Snayperskaya. Yes, you can start as duelist. If you will always be using an axe (say, if you have soul taker), that plan may work. It's 27%, not 30% FYI. If you are struggling to find axes, better to stay with the build's core tenant of generic damage nodes.

The downside to duelist start location is that it's slower to get key things like the block wheels near templar and resolute technique.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Xeneize wrote:
By the way, I use Weapon Elemental instead of Life Leech, that was there because I was in a BM map so I couldn't run any auras.

You should try Melee Damage on Full Life support instead. It's pretty crazy with Aegis.

Oh wow, I didn't even know such gem existed! never came across it... But sounds amazing!
"
Xeneize wrote:

Anyhow, my gear is almost complete, I traded for some godly Rainbow and plan to perfect my BoR and my Aegis with divines. I also need better gloves and belt... but happy so far

Id recommend a Meginords for Belt, especially since you dont need the Manaleech from Wurms with Soultaker.
"
Mithrandelat wrote:
"
Xeneize wrote:

Anyhow, my gear is almost complete, I traded for some godly Rainbow and plan to perfect my BoR and my Aegis with divines. I also need better gloves and belt... but happy so far

Id recommend a Meginords for Belt, especially since you dont need the Manaleech from Wurms with Soultaker.

Yup that's pretty much the one i'm, set for if not a good rare. Thanks
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:

What do you guys think I need to start upgrading for gear? what's a good weapon (I'd like to stick with maces because I've been leveling ground slam)? How does my gem set-up look so far? Thanks for any advice!

Hi, Radagastt. :)

Yes, brightbeak is a little too low damage for Cruel as it's only 74 DPS. It's only a level 20 weapon after all .Something around 150 DPS would be better. As uniques are very limited in the 1-hand maces, you will need to use 'rare' (yellow) weapons. Look for % physical, flat physical and especially attack speed. Preferably all three on the same weapon. Good maces are hard to come by, so I would get ready to trade for one if I were you. :) Or, you can level up cleave if you have a better sword. It won't take long. I'd switch to reave later in the endgame when you will have plenty of dex following my guide. That's why I suggest leveling up all three as it gives you a lot of flexibility with the weapon choice.

Gloves, boots, rings should not too hard to upgrade.

If you advise switching to Reave for endgame, does that mean a sword is ultimately the best weapon for this build?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nimroo wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to ask if this is a good armor for this build to try 6L ?

TY in advance :)

Hi nimroo. :)

Never try to 6-link yourself, the odds are too low (2500 to 1 or something).

Best you can do yourself is 6 socket then 5 -link. However, as there is no life roll, I would not.

If you are not exclusively self found, you can trade for a 6-link white item and chaos it much cheaper than doing it yourself.

I appreciate your help. Your point of view and experience is really very valuable for me. That clear and reasonable answer helped me made the best decision right now, i think. The most important is to heave pure fun with the game without needless frustration :D

Thank you once again.
Maybe this has been asked, but I didn't want to look through 150 pages, but can you extrapolate on using facebreaker with this build? First, what gem combination do you recommend? I am doing a infernal - melee physical damage - mana leech - added fire damage AND a cyclone - increased AoE - melee physical damage - life leech - blood magic. Also, when using facebreaker/meginord's/anvil/BoR it seems like you really need good tri-resist boots. Is there a better way to reach resist caps while supporting facebreaker with this build? Thanks.
"
Radagastt wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:

What do you guys think I need to start upgrading for gear? what's a good weapon (I'd like to stick with maces because I've been leveling ground slam)? How does my gem set-up look so far? Thanks for any advice!

Hi, Radagastt. :)

Yes, brightbeak is a little too low damage for Cruel as it's only 74 DPS. It's only a level 20 weapon after all .Something around 150 DPS would be better. As uniques are very limited in the 1-hand maces, you will need to use 'rare' (yellow) weapons. Look for % physical, flat physical and especially attack speed. Preferably all three on the same weapon. Good maces are hard to come by, so I would get ready to trade for one if I were you. :) Or, you can level up cleave if you have a better sword. It won't take long. I'd switch to reave later in the endgame when you will have plenty of dex following my guide. That's why I suggest leveling up all three as it gives you a lot of flexibility with the weapon choice.

Gloves, boots, rings should not too hard to upgrade.

If you advise switching to Reave for endgame, does that mean a sword is ultimately the best weapon for this build?

Not necessarily
"
Radagastt wrote:

Careful with the word "best" :D That would be a legacy soul taker.....

But yes, a sword or claw for most mortals. I'm doing intensive testing with different attack skills and supports as regular readers may know, and reave has the best clear times I've seen so far. Bear in mind, that's with junk gear, so YMMV. :) I have also not tested ground slam much other than "yeah, that works good..." I think I got a lazy pally to all of level 20 with it one time, and also cleared the merciless docks just to be sure it was competitive, but no stopwatch runs yet 'till it's leveled more.

You won't have the dex for much 'till later on..... 60+?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info