[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
NetherArum wrote:
What about Haste?

It increases weapon attack speed, cast speed and movement speed, thereby saving a node that could be reallocated elsewhere.

It would also increase DPS by a bunch.

Thoughts?

It won't save a node and grace and determination are required by most people to survive in maps. However, if one has my recommended 40% evade and 40% mitigation on the character sheet without any auras running, hatred and anger or haste (pick 2) work nicely for added damage.
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

I'm really worried about dying if I'm up in melee while wearing things like Goldwyrm, Aurseize, Perandus and those MF rings (I can never remember their name)
I've got a shadow that I might repurpose but it looks like I'm going to have to reroll for an MF character. Well, I guess that means I can keep my lazy pally intact! I really just using him for whatever maps my RF char can't do

I think a reaper's pursuit on switch with spectral throw - faster projectiles (for range) - item rarity - item quantity would work, and you can wear all that stuff you mentioned. With spectral throw and faster projectiles you can hit off screen easily and so you are not any more vulnerable than with any other build. Whatever you are comfortable with though. Incidentally, here is an interesting thread about the diminishing returns of MF: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/725812
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 17, 2014, 11:30:37 PM
Heya everybody and Sovyn:)

Started playing your build few hours ago (lvl 27 atm - using quality multistrike cleave heavy strike) and have just some questions.

1. U mentioned a combo with leaving cast w.d.t. at 2+end.cry at 5+m.shell at 8+enfeeble at 5 and you also mentioned another combo with leaving cast w.d.t. at 9-11+immortal call+increased duration+enduring cry
-What lvls should my immortal call be, increased duration be and enduring cry#2 be?
-What about all other gems? Is there any one in your build that you also limited to a specific level or you max lvl all the others? (i am talking about others like blood magic, leap slam, multistrikes, faster attacks etc.)?

2. How fast should i rush to Ondars? should i get it before 60ish or is it more important to get all others and then Ondars after 60?

my current build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMUIBRxGF0aOCNNOthANkGqRHJN2Fnzcql82YFvhMSMdpBVnjyiAKcwp4SsqrT5wBrsOPAf9zL46w==

I went down on your build because I am playing entire "normal" with 2h sword and plan on skipping to shield around Act 2 Cruel

tnx in advance

Br,
J
"
mysantrop wrote:

1. U mentioned a combo with leaving cast w.d.t. at 2+end.cry at 5+m.shell at 8+enfeeble at 5 and you also mentioned another combo with leaving cast w.d.t. at 9-11+immortal call+increased duration+enduring cry
-What lvls should my immortal call be, increased duration be and enduring cry#2 be?
-What about all other gems? Is there any one in your build that you also limited to a specific level or you max lvl all the others? (i am talking about others like blood magic, leap slam, multistrikes, faster attacks etc.)?

2. How fast should i rush to Ondars? should i get it before 60ish or is it more important to get all others and then Ondars after 60?

Hi J. :)

Level immortal call as high as you can while not exceeding the required level of the CWDT. Each person is going to have to make their own decision about how high to level this chain as I recommend CWDT fire at about half or a little bit more of your life pool. Mine are level 11. The increased duration can be 20 as it supports immortal call, not CWDT. Also, the second enduring cry must go before the immortal call in the chain or it's useless. The idea there is to pop a quick endurance charge to extend the duration of the immortal call invulnerability. The gems are activated in order on CWDT.

All other gems are leveled to 20. The gems on your attack skill should have 20% quality eventually too.

The exception is a movement-only skill like leap slam, which I stopped leveling at 5. No point raising its mana requirement.

Follow the progression builds to see where you get Ondar's. Getting it where I chose in the progression is fine.
Here is some research I've been working on.

Update 01.18.2014 added cleave, cyclone, spectral throw.

I've been full clearing the Merciless Archives (over and over and over) with no movement speed items or skills (which obviously would speed things up, but to make the results more consistent, I did not use them). The Archives is a fairly good and somewhat consistent testing area.

This is all to show (approximately) which skill combos are most efficient with this build. The DPS tooltip number actually has little to do with it, thus this research.

Of course, I am limited as I don't have many linked items to choose from. But it is still interesting.

Each skill has been run several times with a stopwatch until the area is fully clear and the run times averaged for greater accuracy.

Here are the average clear times for various skill and support gem configurations, ranked from good to terrible:

reave - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks - concentrated effect
456 seconds

cyclone - melee physical damage - faster attacks - blood magic (note: risky)
583 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - faster attacks
594 seconds

infernal blow - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
625 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - faster attacks - concentrated effect
656 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
657 seconds

heavy strike - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks
776 seconds

double strike - melee splash - blood magic - faster attacks - increased area of effect
817 seconds

cleave - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks
858 seconds

spectral throw - lesser multiple projectiles - faster attacks - added fire damage - blood magic
958 seconds

infernal blow - faster attacks - mana leech - melee splash - concentrated effect
1031 seconds

infernal blow - mana leech - melee splash - melee physical damage
1223 seconds
quite interesting results.

i assume you ran cyclone only with 4 gems cause conc effect would have increased the mana cost too much?

could you run cyclone - conc - faster attacks - bm - lifeleech?
"
Mithrandelat wrote:

i assume you ran cyclone only with 4 gems cause conc effect would have increased the mana cost too much?

Sure, I can try that combo. Concentrated effect does make the AOE size smaller, and it's quite small on cyclone already. :) I did try with concentrated effect, but truly feared for my life as the life cost with blood magic was SO high when I desynced (which is quite often with cyclone as anyone who uses it knows). The life leech gem may help.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 18, 2014, 3:45:50 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Mithrandelat wrote:

Sure, I can try that combo. Concentrated effect does make the AOE size smaller, and it's quite small on cyclone already. :) I did try with concentrated effect, but truly feared for my life as the life cost with blood magic was SO high when I desynced (which is quite often with cyclone as anyone who uses it knows). The life leech gem may help.

yeah thats true. i counter that with a 20% gem + amplify. the range without + conc is quite annoying.
"
Mithrandelat wrote:

yeah thats true. i counter that with a 20% gem + amplify. the range without + conc is quite annoying.

I have amplify at the moment as well (all these tests occurred with amplify) but only 7% quality on the cyclone. To be fair, none of the other attack skill gems had any quality at all.

PS / Edit - Reave is still the clear winner and will only get better with quality. Who needs their life flitting up and down with cyclone, making one much more vulnerable to actually getting killed by, I don't know... monsters? :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 18, 2014, 4:40:41 PM
Is Nycta's Lantern worth getting for the 40's or is the phys damage still too low?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nycta's_Lantern

It's a cool looking mace, but unfortunately I think the damage just sucks for it.
Last edited by Radagastt on Jan 19, 2014, 12:55:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info