[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I got a new Sword.

since it can still roll a Hybrid Phys Dam / Acc if im not wrong i guess it will be my last weapon till a (if i ever chance one) Soul Taker.

DPS - Data
Spoiler

So Tooltip - DPS wise i can run 2 Setups
!Please Note that i use a BoR, so all Setups are supported by Level 18 Melee Phys Dam + Level 18 Faster Attacks!

1. Added Fire (lvl 18) - Reave (lvl 10) - Multistrike (Level 19) - Conc Effect (level 18)
That nets 21684.6 Tooltip DPS at 48 Mana Cost

2. Added Fire (lvl 18) - Cyclone (lvl 10) - Multistrike (Level 19) - Conc Effect (level 18)
That nets 22007.7 Tooltip DPS at 216! Mana Cost

now lets get more realistic:

1. Blood Magic (level 19) - Reave (lvl 10) - Multistrike (Level 19) - Conc Effect (level 18)
That nets 17077.2 Tooltip DPS at 72 Life Cost

2. Blood Magic (level 19) - Cyclone (lvl 20) - Added Fire (level 18) - Conc Effect (level 18)
That nets 14684.1 Tooltip DPS at 236 Life Cost

3. Blood Magic (level 19) - Cyclone (lvl 20) - Life Leech - Conc Effect (level 18)
That nets 11562.8 Tooltip DPS at 236 Life Cost

But allthough there are 5,5k Tooltip DPS Difference between Reave and Cyclone, Cyclone looks as it does more Damage.
Dont know if im just plain wrong or missing anything.

I hope it's ok to post these things here Sovyn. But the Intention was to give you more data.

Regards Mith
"
Mithrandelat wrote:
I got a new Sword.

But allthough there are 5,5k Tooltip DPS Difference between Reave and Cyclone, Cyclone looks as it does more Damage.
Dont know if im just plain wrong or missing anything.

I hope it's ok to post these things here Sovyn. But the Intention was to give you more data.

Regards Mith

Nice weapon, perfect for reave.

You can actually run Reave without blood magic, its mana requirements are very low. So your first theoretical 21K DPS would work, but I would use melee physical damage without BoR or melee damage on full life with BoR, not added fire damage (much better leech).

I used....

Reave - multistrike - faster attacks - melee physical damage - concentrated effect

... with no mana issues, with only 60 mana. (2% mana leech ring)
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 13, 2014, 8:46:44 PM
"
Mithrandelat wrote:

Cyclone (lvl 10) - Multistrike (Level 19)

Forgot to mention, you can't use cyclone and Multi, you will get locked into moving between random targets on screen and die. Could use melee damage on full life instead with BoR, or faster attacks for those without BoR.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 13, 2014, 8:49:46 PM
This just dropped:

For a self found player, I think that's a pretty big deal. Now to 'craft' it.

PS That's my third evasion 5-link, zero armour chests so far. Odd, but I'll take it. Not about to start dumping fusings on an astral plate -- done too much of that already. :)
Can I have one of the old ones?

Pretty please?

It looks really nice.

Also, the unique, Hyrri's Ire is great if you have a lot of armor (like 10k+) or a bunch of energy shield, as it has quite interesting affixes.

Side note: You want to roll Nightmare's Zodiac Leather of the Infinite/Nightmare's Zodiac Leather of the Rainbow.

Nightmare's adds anywhere from 615 to 730 extra evasion (for a total of 1224 to 1340) or a flat 20-22% increase in evasion dodge chance, depending on which one you roll (there are 2) which makes it perfect for an evasion chest.

-of the Infinite suffix adds 29-32 extra dexterity, intelligence, and strength, which will up your mana, health, damage reduction AND dps, while giving you an extra boost to use wands if wanted, or get that last claw you need.

and -of the Rainbow adds 15-16% resistance to all elements, which will be useful if your other armor rolls terribly.

If you're looking for chaos, you want to roll -of Exile or -of Expulsion, which will remove your negative chaos resistance, if you have it, and potentially add in around 5% or more.

Afterwards, you can eternal & yoloregal it for one of the other affixes, by which point you cannot identify them, so stick with life or mana or mana leech.

EDIT: Typing when tired leads to speling mistakes (see what I did there?)
Last edited by NetherArum on Jan 14, 2014, 1:41:51 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
This just dropped:

For a self found player, I think that's a pretty big deal. Now to 'craft' it.

PS That's my third evasion 5-link, zero armour chests so far. Odd, but I'll take it. Not about to start dumping fusings on an astral plate -- done too much of that already. :)

Grats on this one!

I found some 5-links too, but also only eva.
When i use them, i really loose a lot armor :

This is the chest i normally wear:

I have those ones :

But without the armor of the first chest, i have only 16% reduction (without determination).
I think, that is a little low.
And i will get lower lightning resistance.

Really don't know what to do...
people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
Armor isn't a line of defense; Just generally have a bit and you'll be fine. With life, block and evasion, you only really meed about 2k armor at minimum, and it sounds like you have plenty, so I wouldn't worry. Pick your favorite, unless your evasion is really really high, then pick the armor.
So here, this is my equipment at Level 65, Nemesis :)

I'm using 2 Auras, Grace and Determination. With both activated, i have following Stats:

Life: 3157
Mana: (30 left)
Infernal Blow: 2,9k DPS
Armour: 5970 (54% Reduction)
Evasion Rating: 3572 (40% Chance to Evade)
Fire Res: 65% (Merciless)
Cold Res: 75% (Merciless)
Light Res: 75% (Merciless)
Chance to block: 74%

All in all, im feeling pretty safe going through merciless. I can Facetank lots of different Mobs, only a few are difficult (e.g. these Fire Dogs in the Docks).
I'm not really happy about my damage though. I've been looking for a better Weapon for quite some time, eventually changing my primary attack skill.

Another thing is my shield: I'm still using Crest of Perandus!!!! I thought it was only viable in early game, but as it seems, this 40% Block Chance, together with 70 Life, 3% Life Leech makes it still good in late game. Nevertheless i need to change it.

My big Question:

Which shield should i get? I've been thinking about getting a Lioneye's Remorse. It would give me an insane amount of Armour boost. But currently, it seems as I would benefit more from higher evasion Rating, leading to higher evasion chance. I'm sure that i will be able to reach Max Block with both options. So what should be my shield of choice?

Last edited by HUSOZERFICKER on Jan 14, 2014, 12:25:59 PM
"
qualopeqh wrote:

Really don't know what to do...

I've been compensating for the 5-link evasion chest in my testing suit with very high armour boots, gloves and helmet. With determination I can still hit 40% mitigation. It's a challenge, but I'll probably go that way in the end. Not that it's the recommended setup, but whatever works, if one is self found.
"
HUSOZERFICKER wrote:
So here, this is my equipment at Level 65, Nemesis :)

Docks - try Stone of Lazhwar - also, you should have Ondar's.

Damage - try reave and skip the blood magic - see combo in linked sockets section of the guide - you will need a sword/claw and higher level reduced mana for your auras. Also see new 120 point build, has a few pertinent damage nodes you could take sooner if desired.

Shield - whatever shield gives you minimum 40% evade 40% reduction will be fine - note that you can do it pretty easily with perandus, I see you already have actually, so nothing to see here. Actually, you can get up to 500-600+ armour per on your helm, boots and gloves, so you still have room to improve there. Note you don't have quality on helmet currently. If anything, save up for an Aegis Aurora rather than dabbling with sideways upgrades here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info