[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
slowpoke1968 wrote:
Sovyn,

Do you ever use shield charge? I like it when dealing with casters and archers, especially the ones who fire then run away.

Is it worth having?

Thanks.

It's good, and I have used it sometimes. Recommended stun and endurance charge on melee stun supports.

That said, whirling blades is better as it can be used as a quick, full time movement ability.
Can someone explain to me what block is?

Is it a percentage damage reduction, or is a a percentage to completely block an entire attack?
"
NetherArum wrote:
a percentage to completely block an entire attack?

This. It is a random chance (max 75% or 78% with The Anvil unique) to completely avoid an attack, or in the case of spell block, a spell. Block can be streaky (you can get hit several times in a row if the random number generator does not like you). It's safe to say it's the most powerful single defensive stat in the game.
Wow.

Evasion does the same thing? With an entropy formula, but the same thing, essentially?

I know armor reduces damage done. 12k armor = 1k less damage.
"
NetherArum wrote:
Wow.

Evasion does the same thing? With an entropy formula, but the same thing, essentially?

I know armor reduces damage done. 12k armor = 1k less damage.

Evasion is not the same thing as it uses an entropy formula rather than a random chance. Incidentally, evasion is checked first before block.

Armour is effective against small hits that get through, but is less effective the larger the hit.

Having some of everything is the best bet for most people.
You should also have a look at Cyclone Sovyn, would be interesting for Endgame and Weapon indipendant Tests, since Cyclone works with every Weapon and Facebreaker.

Regards Mith
"
Mithrandelat wrote:
You should also have a look at Cyclone Sovyn, would be interesting for Endgame and Weapon indipendant Tests, since Cyclone works with every Weapon and Facebreaker.

Regards Mith

Cyclone would be fine except the mana/life(bm) requirements are like 5 times what reave is with similar support gems. I have tested it several times in the past but did not think the mana drain was worth it. I'll try to test again in the near future with blood magic support and maybe I won't die...... :) With my gear though, the life bulb is going to empty mighty fast if I don't leech perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion though!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
slowpoke1968 wrote:
Sovyn,

Do you ever use shield charge? I like it when dealing with casters and archers, especially the ones who fire then run away.

Is it worth having?

Thanks.

It's good, and I have used it sometimes. Recommended stun and endurance charge on melee stun supports.

That said, whirling blades is better as it can be used as a quick, full time movement ability.

Thanks! Enjoying the build btw. Tried my own invention first time around and re-rolled haha. Maybe next time I can come up with my own original thing and have a 250 page thread about it!
Hello lazy pallies! Sovyn, thanks for sharing your build. Took it into consideration while making mine, which is a mace/shield oriented, with a little more punch, but with less life and without Ondar's guile. Don't know whether this will be an issue later on.

Reached level 70, and DPS is 4k (a bit low) while running Hatred. Have a peek at final build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQVbD8wUIBc-GF0YkRkuGjIaOBv6HRQe3yNNJd8n7SjFMZ4yCTKJNZI26EA2QKBBP0RyR35KyEw1TeNPVk99UEdRYFHmU99VxlcNV-JYr1jbWfNgS2VNZp5nWGxGbmluqnB9cmxyqXTtd-V4DXrvfNmAVoLkhMSE2YTvhymKr49GkBGQVZHOm4OeuZ7NoLSiAKQZplemZKcwp4SpbqmVq8Wsqqyvsz-0L7T5tfK77b6Kvqe-vMAPwBrDhsmYz2XQ0NE20iHSTdlh3sHkreeR7DjwH_O-97760vuq_o8=
Last edited by ata on Jan 13, 2014, 5:41:51 AM
Hey Sovyn,

Im level 47, just finishing off Cruel, about to jump into Merciless difficulty for my first time. My question is how can I improve my DPS? Im fairly certain its my weapon as I've been using the same one for the past like 20 levels. What DPS should I be looking to be achieving before heading into merciless? Atm im at about 400. Killing things is painful atm, any advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info