[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Bloemist wrote:
After like a week of mindless piety farming i'm happy with my newest addition to the build

Works like a charm :D

Wow, you found one yourself? That's very lucky as the Aegis is super rare. Good job!

Oh no sorry, i'm not self found. Have chanced some siege axes and champion kite shields, but no luck so far.
Just vendored most stuff and slowly converted everything into exalted. Found a 321dps bow which sold for 50 chaos yesterday, second best item i found so far.

"
Bloemist wrote:

Oh no sorry, i'm not self found. Have chanced some siege axes and champion kite shields, but no luck so far.
Just vendored most stuff and slowly converted everything into exalted. Found a 321dps bow which sold for 50 chaos yesterday, second best item i found so far.

Sorry I misunderstood. Still, congratulations. Way to stick with it.
Is this an OK shield for this build ?

yeah block chance is pretty low but still...
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Jan 11, 2014, 10:18:02 AM
I am currently level 55 and on my way to kill dominus in cruel. Piety was not a problem at all, took me some time (1,5 - 2mins) to kill her, but it wasn't risky at all.
I'm having 2,4k Life, 5k Armour, 72% to block (still playing with Perandus) and capped Ressis. Only downside of my build is that im using the anvil, which makes me supertanky but the -20% movementspeed is annoying. I always have to make sure I'm wearing at least 20% MS boots.
I'm doing 1,5k DPS with Infernal Blow and it works great in general.

One thing to mention for my LvL 1-30. I used a Blackheart ring, Perandus shield, Facebreaker, and Enzomyte Peak. All items were relatively cheap but i had an easy time going through normal. Especially Facebreaker worked really well, the damage output was way better than i expected - and I didn't have to spent any currency on an expensive weapon
Last edited by HUSOZERFICKER on Jan 11, 2014, 10:36:12 AM
"
Is this an OK shield for this build ?

yeah block chance is pretty low but still...

Yes, it is a nice shield. You could use something like Bringer of Rain or The Anvil to bring your block up to 75%.
"
HUSOZERFICKER wrote:
Especially Facebreaker worked really well, the damage output was way better than i expected - and I didn't have to spent any currency on an expensive weapon

Thanks for sharing your story. Agreed on Facebreaker for normal. Legacy Facebreaker is probably still an endgame choice as well.
Here is some research I've been working on.

I've been full clearing the Merciless Archives (over and over and over) with no movement speed items or skills (which obviously would speed things up, but to make the results more consistent, I did not use them). The Archives is a fairly good and somewhat consistent testing area.

This is all to show (approximately) which skill combos are most efficient with this build. The DPS tooltip number actually has little to do with it, thus this research.

Of course, I am limited as I don't have many linked items to choose from. But it is still interesting.

Each skill has been run several times with a stopwatch until the area is fully clear and the run times averaged for greater accuracy.

Here are the average clear times for various skill and support gem configurations, ranked from good to terrible:

reave - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks - concentrated effect
456 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - faster attacks
594 seconds

infernal blow - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
625 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - faster attacks - concentrated effect
656 seconds

double strike - multistrike - melee splash - melee physical damage
657 seconds

heavy strike - multistrike - melee physical damage - faster attacks
776 seconds

double strike - melee splash - blood magic - faster attacks - increased area of effect
817 seconds

infernal blow - faster attacks - mana leech - melee splash - concentrated effect
1031 seconds

infernal blow - mana leech - melee splash - melee physical damage
1223 seconds
Very interesting! And thanks for the time you spend to test that.

Your results match my thoughts about reave.
When i tested it, i just felt, like i am faster with reave (even with a low-level one).
Now we can be sure about it.

Another question would be, how it works against bosses.
Atm i only use heavy strike-multistrike-faster attacks-melee phys. damage in boss fights.

Would be nice, if someone could test that too.
i can't do that atm, cause my reave gem is too low for exact results.

people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
"
qualopeqh wrote:

Another question would be, how it works against bosses.
Atm i only use heavy strike-multistrike-faster attacks-melee phys. damage in boss fights.

Currently uncertain. Conventional wisdom says to not use AOE skills on bosses, but reave/ground slam/cleave seems to work OK. And, odds are that the AOE skill will be the one benefiting from the best linked item one has (like a 5-link chest, for example). That's why I wrote that the single target skill is "optional" in the guide.

Currently doing archive runs with cleave - got a teeny tiny map then a HUGE map just now. *shakes head* Seriously, the tiny one was so small I could not justify recording the clear time. The whole thing was like 6 rooms.
Sovyn,

Do you ever use shield charge? I like it when dealing with casters and archers, especially the ones who fire then run away.

Is it worth having?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info