[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"

I was wondering if you are still running around with the gear posted in the OP, or that has changed aswell since it was posted? If it has been changed it is possible for you to update it? :).. It is mostly a matter of which gems to use etc, because you say one thing in your texts but show another on your gear :D

The gear is pre-1.0. All that's changed are the aura gems consistent with the guide. The text is accurate. My gear is not meant to be an example of the ideal situation as I am self found.

I'll have to update that soon though.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 4, 2013, 1:25:47 PM
"
Paperwork wrote:

I was thinking of modifying your build to something like this, bascially diverting the strength nodes near blood magic towards the strength nodes near marauder start for accessing the shield nodes, diamond skin, hp nodes and troll's blood.

Hello Paperwork, I did give you the long version. We used to do exactly what you have pictured, however, after 1.0 with some of the new nodes available, it was no longer the best way. I can also add that I looked at the total stats for both ways and the build in the guide is overall superior, but they are very close.

Link your 120 build and I'll give you the data dump for both ways and you can compare.
So got bored and are to tired to play really, so did play around with some gear changes, with the goal to try to get as high dps as possible, but still have max block, decent resists and hp...well did drop the amulet, sure spellblock is awesome, but not for showing ppl that we can dps with this build :)

heavy strike +multistrike+melee damage on full life+added fire damage in a bringer of rain, so far my record is 45k dps singeltarget, havent tested it yet... but did piety with 30k and the problem was to get her to stand still, stupid knockback :)

If i had full leveled gems etc i think we can reach 60k+, why we would ever want to do that? i almost kill myself against reflect mobs with 11k dps. stupid infernal blow.

ps
anyone found some real fun combos for the trigger gems?
"
Hierokliff wrote:
So got bored and are to tired to play really, so did play around with some gear changes, with the goal to try to get as high dps as possible, but still have max block, decent resists and hp...well did drop the amulet, sure spellblock is awesome, but not for showing ppl that we can dps with this build :)

heavy strike +multistrike+melee damage on full life+added fire damage in a bringer of rain, so far my record is 45k dps singeltarget

ps
anyone found some real fun combos for the trigger gems?

Yessir, that's a nice DPS number my friend. No doubt you can get some nice damage with this build, even though it's primarily a tank.

As to trigger gems, heavy strike + Cast on Melee Kill + Detonate Dead + Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect would be interesting to test on a Bringer of Rain. However, one would probably kill themselves on a reflect, so not for hardcore.
Hello Sovyn,

thanks for the great guide but i was wondering.. is this skill map on the first page still up to date? (might be a dumb question lol)
"
Hello Sovyn,

thanks for the great guide but i was wondering.. is this skill map on the first page still up to date? (might be a dumb question lol)

Yes they are updated.
Any tips on increasing DPS in low levels (pre-30s) so that I can burn through areas? As of right now, I hardly do enough damage with spectral throw and it's making me play my duelist again
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]
Do you have an updated skill tree link? The one from the first post appears to be broken after 1.0.
Hierokliff, can i ask what gems do you have connected with your heavy strike on the screenshot with this huge dps?
Hierokliff;

How you could manage to get killed by reflect via infernal blow even with 11k dps? It pretty much impossible tbh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info